Formula 1 Mercedes-Benz Großer Preis von Deutschland 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 666 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The Formula 1 circus moves on towards the Hockenheimring for the 11th round of the season. We've had two cracking Grands Prix in a row with Austria and Britain, so can the overtakers paradise in Germany make it three in a row? Mercedes will be marking 125 years with a special livery for the weekend in which they are the title sponsor of the race. They have been almost unstoppable all season, and Lewis Hamilton has taken 7/10 race wins this year. Can anyone stop him? Can Ferrari get their first win of the season, and can Sebastian Vettel quash the horrors of last season? We'll find out at the German Grand Prix!
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.574km

Race Distance
306.458 km

Lap Record
1:13.780 Kimi Räikkönen (2004)

It won't happen, but it would be such great redemption for Vettel to win. Not just cause of last year, but cause he's never won his home race, and to show he hasn't given up after having his Canada win taken from him.

It won't happen, but it would be such great redemption for Vettel to win. Not just cause of last year, but cause he's never won his home race, and to show he hasn't given up after having his Canada win taken from him.
*He's never won at Hockenheim. He did win the 2013 German GP at the Nurburgring :D

*He's never won at Hockenheim. He did win the 2013 German GP at the Nurburgring :D

He is from extremely near Hockenheim though; about 45 mins from Heppenheim to Hockenheim. :dopey:

So I'm sure he's extremely determined to win there as well.

It won't happen, but it would be such great redemption for Vettel to win. Not just cause of last year, but cause he's never won his home race, and to show he hasn't given up after throwing his Canada win away like he did his German win last season.
Fixed that for you ;)

^ The teasers look great, looking forward to seeing the full thing! I wasn't expecting much when they announced a special livery at the German GP, as that normally just means a few extra stickers on the same livery...

Looking forward to seeing the one-off Mercedes livery.
View attachment 837869

The Toto-nator is predicting serious problems for Merc at Hockenheim, we know their car doesn't like the heat... and there's a heatwave. I wonder if this one-off special has something to do with that? Mercedes are winning through paying attention to every single little detail, not necessarily through having the best car.

The Toto-nator is predicting serious problems for Merc at Hockenheim, we know their car doesn't like the heat... and there's a heatwave. I wonder if this one-off special has something to do with that? Mercedes are winning through paying attention to every single little detail, not necessarily through having the best car.

Yeah i’ll take anything he says with a grain of salt, he always downplays his team’s chances.

Last edited:
He was right in Austria, the Merc overheated horribly.

Still, he always does this.

Last time I checked it was only supposed to be stupid hot on friday, the rest of the weekend looked ok. I highly doubt they haven’t found a solution to their cooling problems either way.

Also I hear Aldo Costa is going back to Ferrari, and it will be announced this weekend.

Im really looking forward to more Verstappen Vs LeClerc... that tussle has been a delight to watch... Could be even closer with the red bull getting the proper engine mapping to synchronise fully with their aero developments this weekend (there wont be any lag issues I hope) Gazing into my crystal ball I forsee another Grosjean brain fart lol

Im really looking forward to more Verstappen Vs LeClerc... that tussle has been a delight to watch... Could be even closer with the red bull getting the proper engine mapping to synchronise fully with their aero developments this weekend (there wont be any lag issues I hope) Gazing into my crystal ball I forsee another Grosjean brain fart lol

This rivalry is going to be pretty fun to watch, I have really enjoyed their battles so far.

Grosjean will be driving the Australia spec Haas again, since he pretty much ruined the race for both cars last time. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

This rivalry is going to be pretty fun to watch, I have really enjoyed their battles so far.

Grosjean will be driving the Australia spec Haas again, since he pretty much ruined the race for both cars last time. I'm interested to see how that plays out.

Well if Grosjean can actually exit the pits maybe he will be generous enough to take a few more cars out with his custom donut style lol (clearly he's practicing for his imminent title celebrations) Really enjoyed the drive to survive Gunther moments last season... the new series should be even better viewing methinks! ( I bet the HAAS swearbox has enough in it to fund some serious car developments )

Yea they actually have to finish the race with no issues to be able to get a comparison between the two specs. Good luck with that with those drivers.

Are we looking forward to the Lightning Volt livery this race? :lol:

I'm genuinely curious to see what the hell is going on. That's the real one and not the fake twitter account right? But the beardyman is no longer associated with them? Is that part even true?

Last time I checked it was only supposed to be stupid hot on friday, the rest of the weekend looked ok. I highly doubt they haven’t found a solution to their cooling problems either way

You're right, 30C on Friday then lots of rain to cool it off. Could be an interesting race, there's rain around all day.

hockenheim.JPG

Back