Formula 1 Mercedes-Benz Großer Preis von Deutschland 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 666 comments
Cc2l0BQ.gif

Right, but he doesn't get the point for fastest lap because he's in 14th. You're missing the point.

No.

If Hamilton had fastest lap, it means Vettel or Verstappen won't get that point.

It's not about Hamilon gaining a point, it's preventing the others from doing so.

It won't work, as it happens, but that's the reasoning.

Roo
No.

If Hamilton had fastest lap, it means Vettel or Verstappen won't get that point.

It's not about Hamilon gaining a point, it's preventing the others from doing so.

It won't work, as it happens, but that's the reasoning.
Ah, I assumed whoever had the fastest lap in the Top 10 got it, even if it wasn't the fastest lap of the race.

I'm glad it's Kyvat and not Stroll on podium. You just know Stroll has no charisma and will start his response with "Yea, umm..." like he always does. At least Kyvat knows how to present himself.

Turns out when the limits are the grip the tires can handle instead of aerodynamics or engine performance, the results are unpredictable. What a race!

Redemption (of sorts) for Vettel - I reckoned his strategy was simply to keep it on the tarmac and wait for everyone else to crash out in front of him, which pretty much happened.

Great drives from the podium finishers all round though, and huge kudos to Stroll for almost scoring a very unlikely podium... still a great result for him though.

Turns out when the limits are the grip the tires can handle instead of aerodynamics or engine performance, the results are unpredictable. What a race!
So maybe if we had regular slick tires with significantly less grip we might get some interesting situations even in the dry. More four wheel drifts like Verstappen was going out of the last turn, and people struggling out of slow turns being the difference between an overtake or losing a position. That sounds fun, right?

Redemption (of sorts) for Vettel - I reckoned his strategy was simply to keep it on the tarmac and wait for everyone else to crash out in front of him, which pretty much happened.
It's like playing Ranked Online in F1 2019!

Back