Formula 1 Mercedes-Benz Großer Preis von Deutschland 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 666 comments
So maybe if we had regular slick tires with significantly less grip we might get some interesting situations even in the dry. More four wheel drifts like Verstappen was going out of the last turn, and people struggling out of slow turns being the difference between an overtake or losing a position. That sounds fun, right?

Hmmm... what? :odd:

When their drivers know what to do with it.
What's with this? They've been consistent the whole season, yet, with a race as volatile as this one, you're making it seem like they're incompetent

You're undermining a whole team based on a bad race, just as people did with Vettel. These are some of the best drivers and engineers in the world, and they'd laugh in your face of they heard you talking like that... It's not a "them vs us" kind of thing all of the time.

Appreciate what they're bringing to us, which is entertainment, technologies and a reason to stay interested in Motorsports.

No, but it's clear they aren't infallible even with a great package. Bottas isn't the fastest and Hamilton loses it under pressure. Those two things are nothing new.

Did the commentators just congratulate Max for Daniil's new born baby or am I hearing things? :lol:

OK, so that's what happens when the Mercedes drivers have to do something else than cruise their rocket ship in clean air. I'm liking the looks of this.

With neither Merc’s scoring points it kinda neutralises the championship. Max is edging closer...

I saw the provisional championship standings pop up when Bottas was on Stroll's gearbox, he would've been around a dozen points back if he'd finished on the podium?

Of course, he went and binned it shortly after... I doubt Max will be catching Lewis unless RBR pull something out of the hat.

While I'm not against the unexpected factor of those races and the drama, I wish I could have seen Max vs Lewis....oh well, maybe next time.

Though the fact that Mercedes fail to get a point today means this is a 3 horse and will likely go to the end!
Gasly definitely, and I mean DEFINITELY has to go. I don't care if Kvyat or Albon gets promoted but he's just not pulling his weight.

What is the deal with those trophies :confused:

First time in the hybrid age that Mercedes score no points

Edit: please stop saying I'm wrong, I already corrected myself, I was quoting Dutch commentary

Last edited:
Once again, Sainz delivers steady results. Most impressive F1.5 driver of season imo.

Also, Lewis is gonna be one angry boi in Hungary.

Don't you want more of this type of sliding around? Who says it has to be because of rain.

Not necessarily. I'd like to see more balanced cars in terms of performance in the dry. Since that's not what we have, I don't mind races under wet conditions at all to bring some excitment and umpredictability to the sport.

No, but it's clear they aren't infallible even with a great package. Bottas isn't the fastest and Hamilton loses it under pressure. Those two things are nothing new.

Hamilton only made on big mistake, and that's what colored the rest of his race, with all the damage to the car.

Bottas is the bigger problem. With a dominant car he should have made short work of Stroll rather than binning it behind him.

But much of this can be down to the Mercedes not being able to handle the changing conditions.

-

In fact, all top three cars showed weaknesses today. Red Bull's horrid traction issues in the wetter parts of the race. Ferrari's turbos. Merc's lack of front end grip in that last corner.

A lot of it down to the lack of data in running in these conditions.

Perhaps the FIA should just wipe everyone's engineering hard drives each Friday.

Back