Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 883 comments
Not looking like a competitive race at the front, meh. F1 has continually regulated against Mercedes with Engine Mode, Das & now Aero too and has achieved its aim of reigning in the team in, but does this dimminish Red Bull's achievements this season? Its a real shame the racing isn't closer for the fans. If I was a Max fan I would want to see him win it with more wheel to wheel action. Its such a tease having the two best drivers never really duking out on track. Interesting to see the demonstration chassis of the 2022 car im hopeful it will allow for better racing wheel to wheel than this generation.

Taking my Dad on the Saturday so he can witness how fast these things are through Copse and Maggots and Becketts. Hoping for at least some action in the sprint race, looking forward to it anyway.

Judging by fp1, easy pole for Max. I'm hoping Lewis can start 2nd at least and attack Max on that first lap of the sprint.
ENJOY!!! Going together with your dad is priceless. Wish I could take my dad to e.g. Spa like a couple of years ago.
Not sandbagging, Merc definitely won't be 7 tenths off on pure pace, but they probably know they're going to be 2-3 tenths down.
I'm afraid so. Despite I like to see Max win (duh...) really hope he has to fight hard for it. More battles at the front.

Not looking like a competitive race at the front, meh. F1 has continually regulated against Mercedes with Engine Mode, Das & now Aero too and has achieved its aim of reigning in the team in, but does this dimminish Red Bull's achievements this season? Its a real shame the racing isn't closer for the fans. If I was a Max fan I would want to see him win it with more wheel to wheel action. Its such a tease having the two best drivers never really duking out on track. Interesting to see the demonstration chassis of the 2022 car im hopeful it will allow for better racing wheel to wheel than this generation.
Indeed, but this is always a risk in a non-spec team based competition. As F1 fans we just have to cherish the moments in time when two or more teams are evenly matched, because a lot of the time they sadly are not.

This season started out with promise but it's looking more and more like a Red Bull (Max) runaway.

ENJOY!!! Going together with your dad is priceless. Wish I could take my dad to e.g. Spa like a couple of years ago.
Thanks! My thinking of going the Saturday rather than Sunday was purely being able to see 2 F1 sessions - one being a race (hopefully) - so we can go to Copse for FP2 and somewhere with a bit more wheel to wheel action for the sprint race. Not to mention Saturday being a bit cheaper and with double the support races. :D

I like the lines of the new car the Aston Martin Livery really pops...

Wow these cars are rapid on the straights. It's great to see Silverstone finally filled with a crowd for the first time in ages, it's felt like a ghost town for the last year. Friday has numbers that some circuits wouldn't get for a whole weekend! If this is Day 1, what's Sunday going to be like?

Jaw Drop Wow GIF by MOODMAN

Hell yeah, George! What a lap!

George's lap replay is something else. He set himself up perfectly on almost every corner, and had full commitment the whole way.

While I love seeing Williams slowly making progress, it'll be a crime if George can't get a better ride next year.

I bought F1TV and its been a disaster for this session in particular.

This is how I've been feeling about the season. Hopefully things get more interesting in the latter half.

Last edited:
I'd like to say Max will do the smart thing and hold position tomorrow for a guaranteed front row start on Sunday, but this being Max he'll probably send it at Abbey in his clear frustration and force himself and possibly Hamilton as well to start the race from the back.

Which to be fair could possibly set up the greatest race of all time.

I bought F1TV and its been a disaster for this session in particular.

This is how I've been feeling about the season. Hopefully things get more interesting in the latter half.
It seems closer today with harder compounds and lower temps. Fingers crossed we will gets some classics, a good hockenheim style rain master race would be nice at some point.

Had Lewis not get that slide on the final sector that second lap would have been almost perfect! It's interesting how The Mercedes suddenly find so much pace. They .700 off during practice. Is the car really that sensitive to the weather, I wonder!

I'm really looking forward to that sprint race!! I'm at work but I'm so excited, I don't even feel like working anymore lol!

Last edited:
Had Lewis not get that slide on the final sector that second lap would have been almost perfect! It's interesting how The Mercedes suddenly find so much pace. They .700 off during practice. Is the car really that sensitive to the weather, I wonder!
I reckon they were focusing more on race pace and holding a bit back on the fast runs. But then Lewis is the master of finding that something extra when he needs to, especially at Silverstone.

Here are the updated qualifying averages:

Verstappen: 0.145
Hamilton: 0.215
Bottas: 0.353
Leclerc: 0.589
Norris: 0.604
Perez: 0.619
Sainz: 0.673
Gasly: 0.733
Ricciardo: 1.067
Alonso: 1.214
Stroll: 1.269