Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 883 comments
The podium was set in the first few laps, so unless Bottas' tires fall away we're set for the points scorers. And the championship points leader switches to start in 1st.

Meh to sprint races... i think its going to detract from the main race causing less overtaking with a settled order from the sprint... at least perez climbing the field will be something...

lSEHmQa.gif

So it was indeed essentially the same as the first stint of any normal race. The only action came because Alonso put softs on so we spent 20 minutes watching people try pass him.

FASTEST LAP POINT FOR HA... oh, wait.
So it was indeed essentially the same as the first stint of any normal race.
Someone on that Twitter commented it was like watching a final third of a red-flagged race after a restart.

What are the odds of keeping this format? I say more likely than not, but they did get rid of the modified elimination format.

It was fun for a few laps, but I'm not 100% sold on sprints.

Leclerc slowly crawling away from Lando has me worried for tomorrow. Hoping the McLarens can jump him at the start.

Alonso was naughty with the weaving, but that monster start was impressive.

Well that was different, but if Alonso hadn't had such an amazing start basically nothing would've happened beyond lap 1. As Perez showed, risks are...too risky.

I still can't get over that they didn't once show the top three for 90% of the race. I mean I know they weren't close, but it's like they didn't even exist until the 2nd last lap. At least show them, let us see how close (or not) they are.

Looking at how this sprint race ended, I think it's safe to say that the championship is definitely Red Bull's to lose and I really can't see that happening when Lewis and Mercedes has absolutely no response for Max and Red Bull.

Roo
Why wouldn't they focus on Alonso? The top 3 were just driving around. Alonso was where the action was.
Sure but they don't usually have such laser focus on one car for so long, they usually cut elsewhere to show some other drivers. Just found it really odd how hard they went on the Alonso show.

Hmm. Lewis Hamilton set the fastest lap in both Q3 and Sprint, meaning he's the only driver in history to set the fastest lap in relevant qualifying sessions and - without any penalty sanctions - not start the race on pole position.

Roo
Why wouldn't they focus on Alonso? The top 3 were just driving around. Alonso was where the action was.
TV production has been terrible all season. The one majorly dramatic moment at Monaco with Vettel narrowly squeezing out on track ahead of Gasly and Hamilton was not shown, in favor of showing something completely pointless somewhere else on track.

Have they already don't whatever format they came up with for the non podium? C4 hyped it up then went to an ad break at the end of the race and are now doing analysis.

Back