Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 883 comments
Just tuned in and saw the replay. Holy crap what a wreck. Looks like the tire just completely un-beaded itself from Max's rim. Glad to see Max is ok, albeit clearly winded.

I'd say that's a racing incident personally.

Hamilton had room, he had a cars width to the inside and ran wide. To me, it's not a racing incident. Russell got a penalty for similar incident.

Racing incident for me, but it was borderline.

Verstappen obviously shaken and is/was in an ambulance.

If the stewards penalized Russell yesterday, they will penalize Hamilton today. Not make a judgment call. Just predicting what will happen.

That was inevitable because neither were going to back out of it, side by side through there with one car on such a tight line isn't going to work, the inside car is always going to drift out into the outside one.

Lewis has to be most at blame. Max could and in hindsight should have backed out but ultimately Hamilton was the one drifting into Max, he's at fault.

If you're the better driver with the better car, I don't understand why you need to defend that hard on the first lap of the race.
Passing a Red Bull or Merc is next to impossible without a contra strategy. We saw that in the sprint race... they can't get close enough. The GPs are either getting won on lap 1 or using a contra strategy. Can't take a chance with lap 1.

If you're the better driver with the better car, I don't understand why you need to defend that hard on the first lap of the race.
It's the nature of motorsport, especially when the "worse" guy in the "worse" car is the 7-time and defending champion.

Looked like a racing incident but also a poorly judged attack from Hamilton - very glad Max is OK as that was a very nasty crash

The fallout in the coming weeks from this is going to be pretty entertaining.
Weeks? This'll be resolved by the end of the weekend or Monday. They're generally pretty quick.

Wait, nvm, you're talking about general reactions?

Last edited:
If Hamilton gets anything less than a drive-through he'll be cruising to victory.

Racing inciden but I'm biased since I'm a Hamilton fan. Still I think Verstappen had enough room on the outside, Max has been a lot more vicious in running cars off the road when he was on the inside line like in Austria with Leclerc.

Looked to me that the front of Hamiltons car hit Max's car at the rear wheel area causing him to spin. Was not far enough alongside from my viewpoint to own the line.

If anything that's Max's fault. Hamilton sold him the dummy outside move, got fully alongside before turn in and had the corner. Max just doesn't know when to back off.
As I said in hindsight Max should have backed of to live another day but in terms of the rules he doesn't have to. He just has to give room on the inside, which he did, and it's up to the inside car to keep control of his car and not drift out into the outside car. HAM didn't, so the blame has to lie with him.

Also as RB are saying, the context of the corner matters. In Copse, at that speed, it's pretty much impossible to take a tight line as is required for a pass without sliding out wide and HAM should have known that, all drivers do.

Last edited:
Back