Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 883 comments
Yes, because the guy on the outside knew better and decided to back off.
Yes, because he'd been beaten before the corner after being side-by-side all down the straight.

Versus today, when we saw what can only be described as a lunge.

Last edited:
If Max would have done that to Hamilton he probably would have gotten a drive thru penalty if not outright disqualified from the race!
Hamilton fans are some of the worse when it comes to their racing god can do no wrong!
And you've just replied to one of them. Good luck with that.

Can we not start this? There's a lot of fans of Lewis in this forum and its been a pretty civil discussion.
So basically lets not have anyone state an opinion that is not pro Hamilton is what you are saying? OK to have and state an opinion as long as it is agreeable for the Hamilton fans and their agenda!
Thanks for also proving my point.
And you for proving mine!

So basically lets not have anyone state an opinion that is not pro Hamilton is what you are saying? OK to have and state an opinion as long as it is agreeable for the Hamilton fans and their agenda!
???? You're lambasting people for being fans of Lewis, but those complaints are being brought from sources outside of this site. It just seems like you're drumming up drama about Lewis here for no reason...

Last edited:

And you for proving mine!
You're whining about Hamilton fans, but carrying the same attitude that you'd probably be perfectly happy if Lewis had been one out of the race.

Literally two sides of the same coin....

It's not enough to attack Lewis, you have to attack people who support Lewis as well.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that someone might have a different opinion than you?

You're whining about Hamilton fans, but carrying the same attitude that you'd probably be perfectly happy if Lewis had been one out of the race.

Literally two sides of the same coin....
Actually, I feel Hamilton should have received a stop and go penalty for crashing Max out.

What I would really have enjoyed was to ghave been able to watch Max beat Hamilton on the track yet again!

It's not enough to attack Lewis, you have to attack people who support Lewis as well.

Why is it so hard to comprehend that someone might have a different opinion than you
I was the one being told I should not say anything anti Hamilton as there were a number of Hamilton fans on the thread.
What were you saying about comprehending someone having a different opinion than you?

Ahead well before turn in
Because instead of turning in like Vettel wasn't there, Alonso backed out. Up to that point they were as level as Verstappen and Hamilton - Vettel stuck his nose up Copse, like Horner says you don't do here and everyone knows.

But, this has reminded me of something.

Across this season, whenever Verstappen and Hamilton have been in close quarters, Verstappen has come out on top with sheer aggression while Hamilton has yielded. Back in the day we saw something similar with Hamilton and Rosberg; Rosberg would yield every time. Then in Spain in 2016, Rosberg didn't yield. He went super aggressive and basically took Hamilton out - and I said at the time that this was the first sign that Rosberg had demonstrated the champion mentality; he sent out notice to Hamilton that he wouldn't simply be his team mate. The dynamic changed, Hamilton couldn't fight with Rosberg knowing he could just move him out of the way, and Rosberg won the title.

While a racing incident, this looks like Hamilton has decided (or the team has realised that the long-term will be the same every race) on something similar. If Verstappen wants to try to cause a crash to get past, they can crash - he can absorb five-second penalties (even though this is a weird ten-second job) against the rest of the field, so if his car survives he can fight for the win and if it doesn't Verstappen won't gain any advantage. Same situation - he doesn't want to crash, but if they do it doesn't bother him.

Perhaps this is the message from Hamilton to Verstappen that he simply won't yield any more, and if he wants his first championship he won't be able to do it with straight aggression; he's put himself in Verstappen's head again. I wonder what will happen next time they're wheel to wheel...

Last edited:
Even after the penalty I don't think anyone saw LEC still leading comfortably after 32 laps. Impressive again.

Bottas the chocolate tea pot melting in the heat again.

Last edited:
Actually, I feel Hamilton should have received a stop and go penalty for crashing Max out.

What I would really have enjoyed was to ghave been able to watch Max beat Hamilton on the track yet again!
You're missing my point. The Max fans bitching about Lewis would cheer if he was the one out, and it would most certainly be vice versa from Hamilton fans arguing Max should be given a stop and go. They'd be carrying the same attitude as the other. You bringing "Hamilton fans think he's God" is what gives me the impression that if the roles switched, you might not be carrying the same approach to the incident.

Both drivers were simply driving super-aggressive right off the line making something like what happened extremely likely.
Lando getting ****ed in the pits. @McLaren, tell your people to do better will you!
We chalk it up to Zak being absent.

Even if BOT let's HAM through I can't see him closing up a 15s gap and still have an advantage enough to pass LEC, not based on the first stint anyway.

Because instead of turning in like Vettel wasn't there, Alonso backed out. Up to that point they were as level as Verstappen and Hamilton - Vettel stuck his nose up Copse, like Horner says you don't do here and everyone knows.
Vettel stuck his nose up all the way along the straight. We could compare with where Lewis was that far from Copse, aka, firmly behind.

Perez's strategy is bollocks. He can't pass anyone, so he's keeps pitting, to then pass even more people...

Perez's strategy is bollocks. He can't pass anyone, so he's keeps pitting, to then pass even more people...
Was just thinking he's got to be causing Red Bull fans to pull hairs hoping to get some decent points to make up for today.

Back