Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 883 comments
Win number 99 with a flake.

I still maintain that was a racing incident from the start. I guess the best we can take away from it is the title is closed up again. Still expect verstappen to take it though. We'll have to see what Hungary brings.

Edit: yeah and perhaps a bit more tact with the celebrations wouldn't have gone amiss.

Last edited:
I thnk Max could have avoided contact today there was ample room for him outside he would've maintained position if he did... im fascnated how this will affect the driver's psychology and subsequent racing...

Days like this remind you why red cards work in football.
Exactly. It reminds me Sweden - Ukraine game when Danielsson almost broke Besedin's leg. It wasn't intentional, but he got red card.

I wasn't Max fan before, maybe even cheered against him. But today I become one of his hardest fan for this season. #GOMAX

Last edited:
One of the most unbelievable, and controversial, races I've seen of the 300 or so F1 races I've watched live.

There will be a lot more said of this race.

Last edited:
I'm not watching any race.

He very definitely left more than enough space, right up until the point he aimed for the apex ignoring a car alognside him, yes.

It has worked at every race this season with Hamilton/Verstappen battles, and Hamilton has let him do it. This time he's let him hit him - I suspect he's realised the long game isn't going to work, and the only way to combat Verstappen's aggression is to give it back, but that's only speculation.

Of course he wasn't. He was denied the chance to reach the apex. It's about 70m further up the road than this shot, and Verstappen is aiming at it despite there being a car right there:

View attachment 1068366

That 60cm gap to Hamilton's right is definitely more than enough room.

When Verstappen's rear wheel hits Hamilton's front, it affects the steering (since they're the wheels that steer) and front-end downforce by lifting the nose, causing understeer and a loss of control. While the Mercedes skitters across to the left after the collision it still makes the corner exit.

Verstappen's role in the collision is proven by the lack of a collision between Hamilton and Norris, and Hamilton and Leclerc, in the same moves in the same corner. He was as aggressive as he usually is, but Hamilton didn't simply let him get away with it this time. It looks like he's just let Verstappen hit him, but of course that's just my speculation.

It will make the next few races very interesting, as we see if Verstappen changes how he behaves around Hamilton (the only car he usually races anyway!) as a result.

Good to see Lando up in fourth again too - still the only driver with points in every race.
The fact that you are still saying that Verstappen hit Hamilton instead of the other way around says enough about how serious we should take you.

The fact that you are still saying that Verstappen hit Hamilton instead of the other way around says enough about how serious we should take you.
And the fact you've stopped discussing the subject and now want to discuss me says you need to adjust your attitude. Cease.

Hamilton was roughly two feet behind being fully alongside Verstappen from the moment Verstappen started turning in, and was roughly two feet behind being fully behind him, while about the same from the right edge of the track when contact was made. Verstappen's line brought the two cars into contact - in exactly the same way that Hamilton's didn't in the F1 Sprint yesterday in the same corner - but it was a racing incident.

Last edited:
But there's something seriously wrong if you need to back out of a fight because the other driver is endangering you.

Also the speed differential between Charles and Lewis was way higher than between Max and Lewis

Verstappen also did not "completely close the gap", he left tons of space
If I remember correctly, there was once a time where other drivers racing again Max were saying something along those lines because they were tired of his aggressive antics with pushing driver off track and weaving under braking....some drivers even said they were going to change their approach on how they drive whenever they have to battle Max....and I'm almost certain Leclerc and Hamilton was one of them 🤔

Well, this victory is rather awkward.

Asking myself whether the same thing would've happened if the roles were reversed. Very likely yes. Only difference is which argument posters here want to make because of the drivers involved.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with it. They're taking their time to explain their take on the situation, so there's at least that. They could be throwing out one-liners.

I'm not watching any race.

He very definitely left more than enough space, right up until the point he aimed for the apex ignoring a car alognside him, yes.

It has worked at every race this season with Hamilton/Verstappen battles, and Hamilton has let him do it. This time he's let him hit him - I suspect he's realised the long game isn't going to work, and the only way to combat Verstappen's aggression is to give it back, but that's only speculation.

Of course he wasn't. He was denied the chance to reach the apex. It's about 70m further up the road than this shot, and Verstappen is aiming at it despite there being a car right there:

View attachment 1068366

That 60cm gap to Hamilton's right is definitely more than enough room.

When Verstappen's rear wheel hits Hamilton's front, it affects the steering (since they're the wheels that steer) and front-end downforce by lifting the nose, causing understeer and a loss of control. While the Mercedes skitters across to the left after the collision it still makes the corner exit.

Verstappen's role in the collision is proven by the lack of a collision between Hamilton and Norris, and Hamilton and Leclerc, in the same moves in the same corner. He was as aggressive as he usually is, but Hamilton didn't simply let him get away with it this time. It looks like he's just let Verstappen hit him, but of course that's just my speculation.

It will make the next few races very interesting, as we see if Verstappen changes how he behaves around Hamilton (the only car he usually races anyway!) as a result.

Good to see Lando up in fourth again too - still the only driver with points in every race.
Word. Verstappen's aggression finally caught up with him. Verstappen was aiming for the apex when he knew there was a car on his inside despite having plenty of room on the outside. This time the other driver didn't blink and Verstappen paid the price.

Word. Verstappen's aggression finally caught up with him. Verstappen was aiming for the apex when he knew there was a car on his inside despite having plenty of room on the outside. This time the other driver didn't blink and Verstappen paid the price.
If Max would give 10-15 cm more, he would be off the track on the exit. His move was very clean.

So is this the first race that Hamilton bonked a Redbull off the track that didn’t end with a McLaren grabbing a podium spot?

Red flag rules should change. Not sure being able to change tire and fix damage when you caused the red flag is right.

George might as well stay at home on Sundays.

Untitled.png

54376078.jpg

And he'd be absolutely in full defense of Max if Lewis went off & we'd see Toto looking like Horner.

Teams backing their drivers' moves to any extent isn't shocking.
It is known that RB, Horner and Marko stir ****, but I agree, any team would be furious if this happened to them.

Latest Posts

Back