Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 883 comments
Jesus h. christ.... since when did it become a massive issue for Red Bull to be understandably livid and upset at Lewis for what happened yesterday? Are we suddenly not allowed to have teams and drivers throw criticism at Hamilton's way?

I was thinking about this today.
While it is highly unlikely but if this was a secret plan(no paper trail, just words behind closed doors) to ruin the race for max, it would not be the first time something like this has happened in F1.
But that is a big big stretch.
I don't think that there was a plan like that, but if one day it should come to the surface that it was planned I wouldn't be suprised.

Jesus h. christ.... since when did it become a massive issue for Red Bull to be understandably livid and upset at Lewis for what happened yesterday? Are we suddenly not allowed to have teams and drivers throw criticism at Hamilton's way?
Right around the time Max sent his "I'm at the hospital, feel bad for me" tweet, knowing that he had no actual injuries. Lewis gets ripped everytime he complains about his tires.

And it's a free world, be critical of whoever you want, just don't expect everyone to agree with you. It just seems a little bit biased to only focus on one person's actions in that incident, especially when they were penalized twice as hard as anyone else has been for similar incidents.

I was thinking about this today.
While it is highly unlikely but if this was a secret plan(no paper trail, just words behind closed doors) to ruin the race for max, it would not be the first time something like this has happened in F1.
But that is a big big stretch.
If you're trying to deliberately take someone out and make it look like an accident, Copse is never the corner you do it at. That's a punt at Village or Brooklands, not a 190mph corner. The fact is (according to Mercedes) that Lewis would have had to retire as well if it weren't for the Red Flag, and nobody would try to rig a race by making a rival have such a big crash they have to stop the race. The situation definitely ended up as the best thing possible for Lewis and Mercedes championship-wise, but to call that pre-meditated is as far wide as you can get.

People can criticize Hamilton just like people can also criticize Max and anyone else within the sport. However at the end of the day, what you say and how you say it does matter.... especially in this age we live in where people use social media as a way to abuse and attack another person and that is NOT OK.

It was when they accused him of doing it deliberately that they went too far
I think Hamilton should’ve got a stop-go penalty. What he did was like a professional foul.
I'm no football expert but I'm pretty sure a professional foul is one done on purpose, knowing the punishment (yellow or red card) isn't as bad as if you don't and they score the goal.

Is no one going to comment on how pathetically slow Bottas is in the sister Merc? **** me he needs to be fired! like right now. Lews was lapping over 1s/lap quicker than him.

Give Russel that goddam seat!!!

Off topic, what does the h in Jesus h Christ stand for?
There's about a million theories on this one. The really boring one is that it doesn't: it's simply derived from the Greek characters used to spell Jesus - ΙΗΣΟΥΣ becomes ΙΗΣ, becomes IHC, becomes JHC. Slightly less boring is that it still doesn't - Mark Twain purportedly put the "H" in after a religious client of the print shop at which he was apprenticed was angry because Twain had lazily abbreviated Jesus Christ to JC.

A surprising number of people think it's Harold because of the Lord's Prayer and their misunderstanding of it - our father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name.

Is no one going to comment on how pathetically slow Bottas is in the sister Merc? **** me he needs to be fired! like right now. Lews was lapping over 1s/lap quicker than him.

Give Russel that goddam seat!!!
I'm not gonna lie, I was thinking about that after the race b/c I believe they told Bottas that Lewis was going to chase down Charles, so stay on him (clear indication being so he could grab 2nd over the weaker Ferrari). And... he finished what looks like 7 or so seconds behind Charles?

Via hacking Horner's email, I have discovered footage of the Friday strategy session

iMarkup_20210719_164142.jpg

Via hacking Horner's email, I have discovered footage of the Friday strategy session

View attachment 1068541
So, this meme says if you race Ham hard he will take you out? Nice.
Lewis Earnhardt! Lol

Just imagine if Lewis was ahead and Max, rookie year stuck his nose in on that turn, forced Lewis into a big g impact…
Imagine what would be said.

Question to the group, was Horner correct when saying, "...you know you don't do that here." (In reference to sticking a wheel on the inside at Copse)?
No he wasn't because of:
Christian Horner 2021: Every knows you don't put a wheel up the inside in Copse.
Christian Horner 2014: Good job, Seb

Horner embarrassed himself with his comments. Drivers have always overtaken up the inside into Copse including his own drivers.

That cult leading nutcase Tom Cruise fits right in that pitbox

Just as embarrassing. Max was fine and was sent for precautionary checks as is part of the rules surrounding large accidents.
Hamilton won his home race in front of a capacity crowd in a country that has been bereft of live in the flesh sport for far too long. He is allowed to celebrate.

In my view I agree with Famine. Racing incident and to be honest Max could have left more room instead of diving to the apex when another car was alongside. Lewis was punished and max nursing his ego.

Last edited:
I know everybody seems to love it, but I think the releasing of the behind-the-scenes audio is a mistake - it only shows how poorly some of the important people in F1 actually act. Certainly, in the immediate aftermath of a high-speed accident I didn’t need to hear Horner and Toto whining to the authorities that something must be done/not done.

I don't think Max was right in assuming that, (if indeed that's what he assumed). I think at the point Max boxed Lewis in down the straight, and where they both were in relation to the upcoming corner/curve (pretty much even alongside one another), no one particular driver has the right to claim that corner was theirs.
I think Hamilton went in too fast, and Verstappen pinched too early. So i personally can't see it any other way than a race incident.

(bolded the bit i'm referring to)
given the corner though you can't expect him to go wider the amount of speed he would lost by lifting is just not realistic, because if anything his line was wider then even leclercs, hamilton entered that corner just too wide to allow anything else.

There wasn't a crash though, nor any penalties, because Hamilton backed out.
Right. And this time he didn’t back out and took Max out. Hamilton is fine trying to be side by side but he understeered across the whole track, failing to hold his line, crashing his left front to Max’s right rear.
Hamilton’s nose stick was never going to end well OR give him an advantage.
Had he slowed enough not to understeer wide he would not have been able to overtake anyhow.
His decision to attempt overtake was amateurish and he crashed out his competitor imo.
It reminds me of GTS when a player nose shoves the inside on me and crashes me into a wall and the penalty is meaningless in the end.
Hamilton initiated a move that was hopeless imo.
That’s my take. I agree with Button Lewis needed to hold inside, there was plenty of room for him but he rammed Max instead.
It was a heated battle that strangely was ended by a horrid decision by the eventual race winner.
In my opinion it’s great to see those guys race and Lewis is Lewis but in this specific case he lost his temper and judgement and tried to force something that wasn’t there. JMO.

Right. And this time he didn’t back out and took Max out. Hamilton is fine trying to be side by side but he understeered across the whole track, failing to hold his line, crashing his left front to Max’s right rear.
Hamilton’s nose stick was never going to end well OR give him an advantage.
Had he slowed enough not to understeer wide he would not have been able to overtake anyhow.
His decision to attempt overtake was amateurish and he crashed out his competitor imo.
It reminds me of GTS when a player nose shoves the inside on me and crashes me into a wall and the penalty is meaningless in the end.
Hamilton initiated a move that was hopeless imo.
That’s my take. I agree with Button Lewis needed to hold inside, there was plenty of room for him but he rammed Max instead.
It was a heated battle that strangely was ended by a horrid decision by the eventual race winner.
In my opinion it’s great to see those guys race and Lewis is Lewis but in this specific case he lost his temper and judgement and tried to force something that wasn’t there. JMO.
Ignoring all the other examples where Lewis backed down and saves a racing incident and then blaming him for causing an accident that was clearly a racing incident. Max was way to tight, because he wanted to keep his position.

I hope Lewis is done being nice and will call Verstappen's bluff from now on, they can take out each other from now until the end of the season for all i care.

Keep seeing random comments about people arguing that it was a deliberate crash just makes me shake my head. I don't think anyone in their right mind would deliberately cause a crash at that corner and at that speed. It was just luck hamilton got away with very little damage, if the angles or speeds were fractionally different, Hamilton's front left could have done the same as Max's tire and they both would have speared into the barriers the way I see it....

Right. And this time he didn’t back out and took Max out.
No, he allowed Verstappen to take himself out.

All of the previous examples have Verstappen sending it up the inside not caring what's on the outside, and a crash has only been avoided by the car on the outside avoiding it - usually Hamilton. This time Hamilton put Verstappen on the outside (and stated this is what he did, after regretting taking the outside himself in the F1 Sprint the day before) and put Verstappen in the position he usually puts other drivers in. Even the stewards agree that Hamilton let himself get hit.

We've seen it countless times this season, where a car going on the outside has collided with a car on the inside, and the inside car has taken the penalty - Norris and Perez at Austria are very recently examples, Russell in F1 Sprint too only on Saturday (and that was an insane penalty), but Verstappen somehow never gets the penalty, even when he straight up bodied Leclerc out of the way at Austria.

Hamilton reversed the roles knowing that Verstappen had the choice of yielding (like everyone else apparently has to against Verstappen), or hitting him. I'm pretty sure it wasn't even about this race either - the collision would have retired Hamilton's car if not for the red flag - but for the future; next time Verstappen is racing wheel-to-wheel with Hamilton, he might think twice.

Do you think the stewards were in error by assessing a penalty for Lewis? Should or could an appeal or petition be mounted to exonerate Lewis?
I think they were wrong in issuing the penalty (initially so), as it looks like a racing incident, to me, (50/50 blame). However, i can appreciate why they possibly came to that decision, and although i stand by my belief that it was no more than a racing incident, they're the actual stewards, not me.
I think ultimately everyone just wants to see consistency with regards to steward judgements/penalties issued, and in that same token, i'd like to think Max would be issued the same exact penalty, if the roles were reversed in that situation.

Personally i don't think it's worth making an appeal or petition in this instance, as really there's nothing to gain from it, (IMO).
given the corner though you can't expect him to go wider the amount of speed he would lost by lifting is just not realistic, because if anything his line was wider then even leclercs, hamilton entered that corner just too wide to allow anything else.
So are you suggesting it would've been impossible for him (Max) to lift at all?

but for the future; next time Verstappen is racing wheel-to-wheel with Hamilton, he might think twice.
Oh, I fully expect him to just send it down T1 at the Hungaroring without a care in the world.

Oh, I fully expect him to just send it down T1 at the Hungaroring without a care in the world.
The sad thing is such a risky & completely unnecessary maneuver will be deemed either acceptable or irresponsible solely based on "whoever" gets taken out with him.

At least, that's the impression certain fans seem to imply thinking two wrongs would make a right.

Back