Formula 1 Pirelli Gran Premio Del Made In Italy E Dell'emilia Romagna 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 371 comments
Exciting race, though...mainly due to conditions and little else. One thing I didn't see - it was just a real quick two second blurb on the TV here - when/what/where was Perez's big spin or off? They showed a clip of the nose of his car as he was going backwards into gravel - didn't mention it, and then cut away. Next thing I noticed hew as in 19th or whatever.

Unfortunate for Latifi to run into Mazepin. Mick Schumacher with a humbling crash. Bottas and Russell just...both getting it wrong. Max with a strong drive, and Hamilton an amazing recovery (despite the usual Hamilton-Hate whenever any rule benefits him). I did chuckle that Hamilton pimped him for the fastest lap point so late in the race.

Vettel and Alonso were...ugh. Tsunoda disappointed. I was stoked for Norris and was hoping he'd have actually kept pace with Max but that was never going to happen. Ricciardo was shockingly off the pace of his teammate. Ferraris did fine, and honestly I think Sainz had a great drive - he gained something like 7-8 positions and was keeping right on Lecelerc.

Just hope the fight continues between Max and Lewis for the remainder of the season.

PS: Conspiracy theory time. I chuckled at the idea that if Bottas had been on track with Hamilton behind Max...would Mercedes have pitted him late for better tires to snag the fastest lap - solely so Max couldn't get it? (in order to keep Lewis close or tied). And then...what if Bottas went out and intentionally "whoops"ed the lap and didn't get fastest lap. Could be some amusing drama if the fight stays this close...

I agree. And I did not say he shouldn't have defended. I said he could have avoided the accident if he had not defended. But he did defend because he was hired to defend and it was his job to defend. So it was monumentally arrogant, self-serving and hypocritical for Wolff to moan about the cost of fixing the car when he was paying his driver to defend, and not to avoid accidents.

Ah gotcha, agreed.

when/what/where was Perez's big spin or off?

Do you mean the one under green or behind the SC? This is the one under green

This is under the SC

Last edited:
Roo
Final answer: Hamilton - Verstappen - Riccardo (44/33/3) at the 2020 Eifel GP. So 6 months ago.

I think you've thrown down the gauntlet, and I've been trying to find one where there's only two numbers used for all three podium finishers, yet each driver has two-digit racing numbers.

I haven't found anything since 1970...that search continues, but there's more options as the driver/team entry numbers varied from race-to-race before mid-1973.

Last edited:
Russell did himself no favours by running his mouth

Speakin' a which (from reddit):

3cqljcogq5u61.jpg

I'm sure that a good bit of this is genuine, but it does kinda come across as a PR-fueled apology, given George's behavior yesterday post-race.

Ferraris did fine, and honestly I think Sainz had a great drive - he gained something like 7-8 positions and was keeping right on Lecelerc.

Sainz had a good run, but it was frustrating to imagine where he could have finished, if he hadn't lost those10+ seconds with a couple solo slides into the gravel. Other than that, he seems to be pretty comfortable in that car.

I think you've thrown down the gauntlet, and I've been trying to find one where there's only two numbers used for all three podium finishers, yet each driver has only two-digit racing numbers.

Found it...the 1951 Swiss Grand Prix:
1. Juan Manuel Fangio - Alfa Romeo #24
2. Piero Taruffi - Ferrari #44
3. Nino Farina - Alfa Romeo #22

There's probably another in there, but that's what I've found so far.

Last edited:
Sainz had a good run, but it was frustrating to imagine where he could have finished, if he hadn't lost those10+ seconds with a couple solo slides into the gravel. Other than that, he seems to be pretty comfortable in that car.

I genuinely thought Carlos Sr. was driving the car given how much time he spent in the gravel. :lol:

Just out of passable boredom, the podium only had two different numbers on it: three (Verstappen, 33) and four (Hamilton, 44; Norris, 4).

When was the last time that this happened?
Probably a Verstappen, Ricciardo, Vettel / Hamilton podium (i.e. somewhere before 2018)?

Edit: Did not see it was already answered. Read the thread first I guess :dunce:

Last edited:
Motorsport.com had the estimate for the Mercedes damage repair to be at 1 million euros, so that will cut into their development a bit.

Latest Posts

Back