Formula 1 Pirelli Großer Preis Der Steiermark 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 307 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kravitz spreading a rumour that the boss of redbull wants Helmut to bring Vettel home next year.

Explains Albons' demeanour of late, looking uncomfortable post race press interview.

Albon was a midfielder in that Race. It's clear now that Red Bull just don't have anyone capable of keeping up with Max in that second car. Smothering Ricciardo out of the team looks even more of a mistake than before. It's almost worth chucking Torpedo back in that second seat because he was on pace with Ricciardo during his time there. Vettel isn't looking like a bad option again because once again like Hungary last year, Red Bull was stuck with just Max fighting the Mercedes with a gap behind him that didn't allow Red Bull to try something aggressive with strategy.

Norris has really stepped up a gear this year.

I think Albon will need to improve if he wants to stay in that seat. It looks like the Racing Point with their Mercedes look alike is going to be fast this year, But I wonder how they will improve a design they didn't make.

Stroll not getting a penalty for that move is stupid, he didn't make the corner I don't understand how that can be called legitimate??

They should probably take note from Racing Point's book. Perhaps get a Merc engine for good measure....and lastly, get other drivers. Grosjean and Magnussen just seems to be "fillers" and aren't showing any reasons as to why they should still be in F1.

It's not the drivers per se, though. Since their first season in F1, they have literally made no progress up the grid at all. 3 years in a row, it's always looked good in the first handful of races, only to slowly sink further down the grid as the season progresses. And it's been like this every season. You can put better drivers in that car, but it's still a slow car. And also they have the least interesting livery on the grid, it's not even a pleasant car to look at. It genuinely looks like a rushed livery put together in 5 minutes.

Sat down with a friend today, he mentioned he'd like to watch the North London Derby - ooh, says I, if we bought a sky sports day pass, we could watch the F1 today...

...nice day chilling and watching the action. Was less crazy than last week but McLaren, Racing Point and Renault gave us plenty to watch. Amazing stuff from Lando again.

The football, of course, was dull as dishwater, and my buddy agreed it was a good thing we watched the race and got our money's worth.

Ferrari... If I were Vettel, I might ask to try out the Alfa at this point...

Stroll dive bombed so late he ran himself off track, passed Ricciardo while doing it, and didn't get a penalty.

I don't understand?

I heard no penalty, racing incident.

Perez made the same move on Lando, the only difference is that he stayed within track limits.

That's a pretty big difference

That's the difference.

Track limits is the key part

Last edited:
I'm not even sure that would be true if it were included in the licence fee.
Clearly, you didn't have enough perfectly legal alternative smoking herb.

Not a ripsnorter of a race by any means, but compared to Spurs 2 - 1 Arsenal with no fans and all the energy of a dead stop it was like the first time I saw Anchorman.

Strolls move was rank amateur stuff. You let people do that every week and the person with less to lose has no incentive not to risk running themselves and others off the track every week.

Stroll Ricciardo incident is what happens when you listen to the “let them race” crowd. Had he picked up a penalty, you’d have a million people screeching about how race results are being decided by the stewards. Just look at how many people who tried anything to absolve Hamilton of responsibility for taking out Albon last week. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Strolls move was rank amateur stuff. You let people do that every week and the person with less to lose has no incentive not to risk running themselves and others off the track every week.

Yes, seems odd after how quickly they issued Hamilton's penalty last week. This one seems worse as the car making the passing maneuver didn't even stay on the track. In prior years, if the pass was completed off track they told the passing driver to give back the position or issued them another penalty if that wasn't possible. Maybe they deemed that the pass was completed before going off track, but then why did he go off track if not to preserve the position. This would have ended a bit differently if there wasn't tarmac on the outside. It was a pretty clear abuse of track limits.

Stroll Ricciardo incident is what happens when you listen to the “let them race” crowd. Had he picked up a penalty, you’d have a million people screeching about how race results are being decided by the stewards. Just look at how many people who tried anything to absolve Hamilton of responsibility for taking out Albon last week. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
But passing offtrack is never been ok.

106607861_10158473386725489_6804032761226917697_o.jpg

But passing offtrack is never been ok.
People defended Vettel when he went off track to keep his position in Canada last year, people defended Ricciardo overtaking Raikkonen off track at France last year, and people defended Verstappen in Austria last year when he ran Leclerc off track during a very similar overtake. There are absolutely a sect of people who defend these sorts of moves because “it’s real racing, track limits are stupid so just let them race”, and the only reason they’re not defending Stroll is because nobody likes Stroll.

People defended Vettel when he went off track to keep his position in Canada last year, people defended Ricciardo overtaking Raikkonen off track at France last year, and people defended Verstappen in Austria last year when he ran Leclerc off track during a very similar overtake. There are absolutely a sect of people who defend these sorts of moves because “it’s real racing, track limits are stupid so just let them race”, and the only reason they’re not defending Stroll is because nobody likes Stroll.
Dive bombing and not making the corner isn't debatable, it doesnt matter who the driver is.

Id take any of the Academy F2 drivers over that dumbass stroll. Hes only there cause daddys a billionaire

Id take any of the Academy F2 drivers over that dumbass stroll. Hes only there cause daddys a billionaire

I think you might be shocked how many drivers only got to F1 because somebody paid for them to be there. There have been worse than Stroll, that's for sure.

Stroll is a dominant F3 champion who was the second youngest podium finisher in history. He has put it on the front row in super-heavy rain and has shown some racing prowess.

You also need to remember that without Lance and Lawrence Stroll, neither Williams nor Racing Point would even exist at all by now. Like it or not, Lance Stroll has been one of the best things to to have happened to Formula 1 in the last few years.

I think you might be shocked how many drivers only got to F1 because somebody paid for them to be there. There have been worse than Stroll, that's for sure.

Oh for sure. Its a shame.
Hopefully the budget cap can help reduce that so teams like Williams arent chasing paid drivers vs raw talent out of F2

Stroll is a dominant F3 champion who was the second youngest podium finisher in history. He has put it on the front row in super-heavy rain and has shown some racing prowess.

You also need to remember that without Lance and Lawrence Stroll, neither Williams nor Racing Point would even exist at all by now. Like it or not, Lance Stroll has been one of the best things to to have happened to Formula 1 in the last few years.

I didn't know stroll was an F3 champ. Good on him. But we cant deny that money has landed him the F1 seat he has. I wonder if he would still be in F1 if his dad didnt have money????

Juan Manuel Fangio got to F1 because someone paid for it. Money makes the world go around. Top level racing was always sponsored by the top manufacturers, and amateur drivers quickly were replaced by pros about 100 years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back