Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 234 comments
Oh yea, I didn't watch F2 Race 2 but I heard it was a shocker.

Dan Ticktum took the leader out only a few laps in.

One of the big differences in F2, besides the cars being the same, and the drivers being less experienced and wanting to impress, is the tyres. They never work, and yet the drivers still go flat out. Whereas in F1 drivers complain that the guy in front is too slow but they won't dare try and overtake them in case they ruin their tyres and might have to do two stops.

Dan Ticktum took the leader out only a few laps in.

One of the big differences in F2, besides the cars being the same, and the drivers being less experienced and wanting to impress, is the tyres. They never work, and yet the drivers still go flat out. Whereas in F1 drivers complain that the guy in front is too slow but they won't dare try and overtake them in case they ruin their tyres and might have to do two stops.
Why would you spoil it for me? Thanks...

Race was a dud. Wtf Ferrari, not even top 10?

Another guaranteed MB 1-2 for the championship unless RB can get lucky in the rest of the season.

Good to see Renault making progress.

Sainz got ******.

Norris doing well as usual.

Gasly did very well also. Good to see the midfield being super tight

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone see Sainz' reaction when Vettel got overtaken by Raikkonen?
Poor fella, he has to drive that piece of trash next season...

Gasly gets DOTD from me just by screen time alone! That's how eventful this race was :lol:

I don't think I've seen that before. What were they topping up on Leclerc's car? Hydraulic pressure?

CC4D9EA3-6BE5-4917-91A9-64D85EA2A85F.jpeg

Was going to catch a replay of this later on but doesn't seem like it will be worthwhile. Happy to hear that Ricciardo had a strong performance.

It was good watching Ricciardo and Verstappen fight for position early but its just sad seeing tracks where running off track is completely inconsequential. I want to see more DNFs for mistakes.

Last edited:
Kimi's Alfa Romeo overtaking a Ferrari was something, I gasped and laughed.

The slipstream at the top of the hill was the least effective I've seen.

he slipstream at the top of the hill was the least effective I've seen.

It's because they run so little downforce at Spa to start with these days, can't reduce the drag as much if it's far less to start with. Same reason DRS is less effective, and will be in Monza.

As of now, F1 racing effectively has two classes, those without Ferrari engines and those with. This is negotiated behind closed doors. It does not have to be this way.

I have generally enjoyed watching and studying F1 racing for its many qualities that go beyond mere wheel-to-wheel racing on the track such as you might enjoy at your local speedway. I have endured annoying periods of near-total dominance since 1961, and read about other such periods which occurred earlier. I have seen the greatest series ever, the Can-Am, terminated by the domination of one team, and it wasn't McLaren. But fortunately(?), the destiny of F1 is not determined by sporting considerations.

It’s a shame Ferrari got caught cheating and built a horrible car. They were the only team that challenged Mercedes this entire era and now they’re stuck until 2022 at the least.

Who knows if the new rules even help them as their 2014 and 2009 cars for new regulations were historically bad too.

Back