Formula 1 Rolex Belgian Grand Prix 2021Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 464 comments
Listening to the conversation Brundle and Croft are having on Sky regarding grid penalties for crash or gearbox replacement, if Red Bull had a 4th engine with them, could Red Bull stick a 4th engine in Perez's car now and take a 10 place penalty for this event, thus missing out having to do so later?

Since they've been commenting about the way the cars are setup & how it creates the issue the drivers are having with attempting this race, I assume the 2022 car fixes this?

I pity anyone wanting to watch this right now, I'm coming back from Silverstone and I've actually been able to enjoy some decent racing...

Yeah, I think it was four hours in 2020? I recall hearing they introduced the three-hour limit this season...

... although quite what's going on now with the three-hour clock being stopped I have no clue. Not sure what reg allows that one!
It was mentioned in Sky commentary earlier a regulation in the FIA International Sporting Code permits the 3 hour time to be stopped in cases of force majeure, but I can't remember what number they said; so far all I can find is:

ARTICLE 11.9 AUTHORITY OF THE STEWARDS

11.9.3 Within the framework of their duties, they notably:

11.9.3.l may postpone a Competition in the event of Force Majeure or for serious safety reasons;

11.9.3.o may take the decision to stop temporarily or permanently, all or part of a Competition

Should the FIA save the poor drivers from themselves, here and call it a race? Seriously here... no crash avoidance seems possible.

Latest Posts

Back