Formula 1 Rolex Großer Preis Von Österreich 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 532 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
The Australian Grand Prix was cancelled hours before the beginning of FP1, and since then Formula 1 has been on lockdown with the rest of the world, but after a massive wait with serious uncertainty over if anything could happen this season, a much-changed Formula 1 will finally return. Massive operational changes are required as Formula 1 enters a so-far Europe only closed-door season. Two double-headers have been confirmed, meaning Formula 1 will have 2 races at the same circuit in a season for the first time in history. It's going to be weird to watch, but it's good to have Formula 1 back.

All the stories from Australia have been on pause for many weeks. Can anyone challenge Mercedes? Is the Tracing Point really that good? Who will lead the midfield or even escape it? Will Williams finally be back to the midfield with their new livery? Can McLaren or Williams solve their financial issues and secure their futures? So many questions, so many answers which we can't find out until the cars finally hit the track. We can't wait for the AUSTRIAN GRAND PRIX to start!

image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
4.318km

Race Distance
306.452 km

Lap Record
1:06.957 Kimi Räikkönen (2018)

So good to see this thread! :D

Ferrari say they have had to make a "significant change of direction in terms of development" after finding a design flaw in their car. They expect to be off the pace until Hungary (whenever that is) notwithstanding the progress other teams will make in that time.

Once again they're strong out of the blocks as possibly the best team in F1 failing to make the most of it. Or they're playing on the similar rumours from testing and hoping to lull their rivals into a false sense of security. We'll know soon!

Well what a surprise to read that Ferrari have a design flaw! (sarcastic accent voice here!).

I find it really sad that so many issues seem to happen within the Ferrari team these days and I am sure this is part of the reason for Vettel's frustrations/lack of good performances in recent times.

None the less the real analysis and enjoyment of F1 being back can finally begin this weekend and very much looking forward to the race, I have a feeling Mercedes will have the strong result given they were 1 and 2 in 2019 with Bottas winning but hopefully Max will be more of a fight to them this time.

Also maybe another wildcard result for Haas, am going to be running my own race on F1 2019 before hand in the McLaren so will be interesting to compare my results with the real race.

Ahhh race thread, race thread! All is as it should be.

Excited for racing to get underway again - and trying not to put too much faith in the rumours that Red Bull could bring it to Mercedes right from the jump.

Still, that would be fun, wouldn't it...

At least come Monday next week, we’ll know who will win the second AusGP a few days later.
Reverse grid based on championship position is really the only way to make the double races palatable. Otherwise the second race’s finish is a foregone conclusion. Don’t do it anywhere else, just the second races at RBR and Silverstone.

At least come Monday next week, we’ll know who will win the second AusGP a few days later.
Reverse grid based on championship position is really the only way to make the double races palatable. Otherwise the second race’s finish is a foregone conclusion. Don’t do it anywhere else, just the second races at RBR and Silverstone.
I can't wait for everyone with that narrow-minded thought about it to be proven completely wrong.

Weather can change, tyre compounds will be different at the second Silverstone race and races aren't simple where you expect the same winners anyway. Austria and Silverstone are two of the craziest races anyway so you can't predict anything anyway.

Mercedes' black livery can better disguise their testing ballast.

I'm actually going to miss the race, as I frustratingly do most Sunday afternoons, but it's good to have Formula One back.

is there any way of watching the race live in the UK without selling a kidney for the day pass on sky or a lung for the monthly payment for sky sports?

is there any way of watching the race live in the UK without selling a kidney for the day pass on sky or a lung for the monthly payment for sky sports?

I got a month of Now TV (I use it on the XB1 attached to't big telly) for £25 on offer, although I don't know if that was just for me because I haven't watched anything since F1 2019 ended :lol:

If I activate that to watch FP1 in Hungary that'll get me all four races, the best value I've had from them.

It's currently hammering it down at the circuit. Will be wet tomorrow but should be dry for qualifying and the race.

Sky Sports Mobile is £10.99 a month, that's the option I go for as I'm not forking out for the full Sky Sports package on top of my Virgin Media.

Oh man, the race thread! I can't believe how happy I am to see this thread!! Finally.... we'll be seeing some action :D

This season should be exciting considering how short it could be and how every single point can make a massive difference.

What are you guys more excited to see this season?
For me, I'm impatiently looking forward to the below points.
- will Lewis manage to bag himself another championship to equal the great Schumacher?
- who will give Lewis the run for his money or even snatch away that 7th championship?
- will we see a completely different Vettel knowing that he's got nothing to lose with Ferrari and could pretty much drive and do whatever he wants?
- who will come out on top in the midfield?

I am going to watch racing this weekend until my eyes burn. So happy F1 is back.

Got F1 TV pro - so F3, F2, Porsche Cup and F1!

Hoping for some exciting racing and a safe weekend. :cheers:

Got F1TV Pro for testing at a discount and a further several months of free extension due to covid. I’m sooo excited to have it all back, and even more so now to follow Fraga and a few others in F3/2 on top of the F1 weekend! Also lucked out with a three day work weekend surrounding quali and race day this week, couldn’t have been better timed.

Huge questions are to be answered:

Where does anyone stand now after the extended break?

Will redbull/Verstappen give Mercedes/Hamilton significant challenge this year?

Will Ferrari be 4th due to lack of development?

Has Williams and HAAS sorted problems and have capacity to race other cars?

Midfield order???????????

GAAAHH I’m so exited :dopey::dopey::dopey:

Great to have F1 back, I'll be settling for C4 highlights though, avoiding spoilers during the day like the Likely Lads (60s BBC show).

Looking forward to seeing the new cars, not been following much but have seen Ferrari have been having issues and will redesign the car.

Last edited:
Im watching the F3 drivers out on wets at the moment, Fragas there, just popped up in 19th out of 30 drivers- L Lawson, the driver he beat to the NZ championship, is 3rd.

I hope it'll dry out for the F1 boys to run slicks in the 1st session of 2020.

Edit:; Slicks going on :cheers:

Last edited:

Maybe not so much reverse grid as reverse track would be better, quite enjoyed silverstone in reverse while playing grid... on another note delighted to have F1 back itching to see the true pace of the teams after all the subsequent upgrades since testing. If this weekend is half as good as last years race it will be a treat indeed...

Sky Sports Mobile is £10.99 a month, that's the option I go for as I'm not forking out for the full Sky Sports package on top of my Virgin Media.

Existing Sky UK customers can get F1 on a monthly rolling contract for £10 a month.(Small print - HD £4 extra though, typical Sky)

Existing Sky UK customers can get F1 on a monthly rolling contract for £10 a month.(Small print - HD £4 extra though, typical Sky)
I've just got the mobile version up and running, F3 practice on now, no idea about the extra £10... constantly advertising a more expensive version the buggers...

Unfortunately when they then sell it onto Virgin it gets bundled up with the rest of the Sky Sports channels for £32 a month, and as I have zero interest in either football or golf it's on the mobile for me and F1.

What really annoys me is that Liberty Media own the F1 media rights now, and guess who owns Virgin Media? That's right, Liberty Media, but because Bernie sold the TV rights in the UK to Sky until 2024 it makes no difference at all.

I've just got the mobile version up and running, F3 practice on now, no idea about the extra £10... constantly advertising a more expensive version the buggers...

I think you can play it on the TV from your mobile.

Looks like its gonna be dry for FP1. :D

I think you can play it on the TV from your mobile.

Looks like its gonna be dry for FP1. :D

I tried to cast it to my chromecast dongle, sound came through but no picture... and before anyone else goes the mobile route, theres a lovely logo that covers the top3 of the leaderboard...

Back