FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 222 comments
IMO dan should've known better than to try and overtake bottas whom has a damaged front wing on the outside.
IMO Bottas shouldn’t have locked up into the side of Dan. He knew his front wing was toast. Easily could have ended his and Dans race

That was a supreme example of muppetry. Bottas should have given up that corner. But Ricciardo should have known better than to try to go round the outside of a car with compromised front downforce.

Betting Bottas gets a ten second penalty for that.

-

Well done for Lewis Hamilton. Supreme drive.

Vettel: lucky to get second after all those issues this weekend. Going to be frustrating for him to be behind Lewis despite having the faster car.

Kimi: bwoah. Deserved better, but oh well.

Danny Ric: try, try until ya die. Great recovery drive, but some of his overtakes looked sloppy. He's done that outside line a few times today, but that was a disaster waiting to happen.

Bottas: commendable defensive drive, but dear Lord, someone put a muzzle on him. Should not have tried to come back on the inside BOTH times in a car with no grip. What the hell.

Gasly: Great job. Good streak of results.

Magnussen: Where we expected him.

Alonso: Not where we expected him, good pit strategy by McLaren. Shame Stoffel's car gave up the ghost.

Sainz: Only other Renault in the Top Ten

Grosjean: He was in the race, right? I lost track of everyone else.

-

Not the best race, but some exciting stuff happening, anyway.

Well Bottas has pretty much lost the plot.

Don’t know how the commentators could blame Vettel for the first accident, he was ahead and while he did make the cut inside, Bottas locked up and drilled him. They could’ve both easily made it even with Vettel cutting across, but it was Bottas that made the mistake and caused the accident.

Yeah did seem odd, still have to question both Vettel and Ricciardo a little bit. I think seeing the state of Bottas's tires I'd have given him a bit more room and in Ricciardo's case I'm not sure I would have gone round the outside, even Horner questioned it prior to getting to the corner. Not a bad race all in all, good result for Hamilton :)

Sky, for one. Personally I think the incident was a racing mishap.

It also led to my favourite F1 moment of 2018, cutting live to Christian Horner so he could comment on Ricciardio overtaking Bottas. That ended as swearily as you might expect :D

Bottas lost his position and in essence drove into the back of vettel. The incident with the red bull seemed s more like a racing incident since he obviously lost downforce and misjudged his breaking point.

But he should get punished for both.

Ferrari got lucky with Kimi and did a piss poor pitstop on Vettel. They are lucky to get home with 2nd and 3rd.

Well Bottas has pretty much lost the plot.

Don’t know how the commentators could blame Vettel for the first accident, he was ahead and while he did make the cut inside, Bottas locked up and drilled him. They could’ve both easily made it even with Vettel cutting across, but it was Bottas that made the mistake and caused the accident.
It's amazing how they're always prepared to just blame Vettel. For Brundel to even ask others who was at fault was ridiculous , then he goes one step further and puts all the blame on Vettel. It's why i hate watching F1 on UK broadcast. Especially C4, I can always sense them willing Vettel to not finish the race.

That was an awful long time to wait for something to happen that ultimately didn't really matter. Poor result for the championship as well.

Stewards have said the Bottas Vettel incident is a racing incident and no further action.

The Riccy contact, not so much.

Bottas: commendable defensive drive, but dear Lord, someone put a muzzle on him. Should not have tried to come back on the inside BOTH times in a car with no grip. What the hell.

I wonder what’s going on with him, he seems to be fighting to be Nico2.0 but is struggling in the race to keep up with Lewis. I think the team need to help him. Maybe he abandons his title hopes this season and focuses on maximising his points haul?

Ferrari vs Mercedes is really hinged on both teams number 2 drivers and at the moment Kimi is solid

It's amazing how they're always prepared to just blame Vettel. For Brundel to even ask others who was at fault was ridiculous , then he goes one step further and puts all the blame on Vettel. It's why i hate watching F1 on UK broadcast. Especially C4, I can always sense them willing Vettel to not finish the race.

I can't stand these commentators. Hilarious when they asked Horner for his view on the incident and he was talking about Bottas getting a penalty and Brundle had to ask him to make sure he didn't mean Vettel. Worst part of the season for me, but at least we get the races commercial free in the US now. :)

The best thing about it, is how upset people get at something that doesn’t affect them in anyway :lol:
Almost everything about LH triggers me lol. From the way he has always come across as incesecre, to the way he dresses, badly, to the way he tries to act cool. Like that stupid pose in his victory picture.

I can't stand these commentators. Hilarious when they asked Horner for his view on the incident and he was talking about Bottas getting a penalty and Brundle had to ask him to make sure he didn't mean Vettel. Worst part of the season for me, but at least we get the races commercial free in the US now. :)
Yes, i felt that was particularly weak from Brundel. He didn't give his definite opinion at first , he wanted validation of his opinion. It just sounded to me like he wanted to blame Vettel no matter what. At best it was a racing incident, at worst it was a deliberate tactic from Mercedes to take Vettel out ( I'm not serious there but you can bet I'd be putting that out there of I was Vettel or Kimi after LH said that about Ferrari ).

Last edited:
Yeah did seem odd, still have to question both Vettel and Ricciardo a little bit. I think seeing the state of Bottas's tires I'd have given him a bit more room and in Ricciardo's case I'm not sure I would have gone round the outside, even Horner questioned it prior to getting to the corner. Not a bad race all in all, good result for Hamilton :)

That was a funny turn to the broadcast. Horner saying exactly that... the rest of us thinking the same thing Christian is thinking after seeing Bottas understeer into Vettel (without wing damage)... then Ric goes straight round the outside... was already cringing in anticipation as he turned in.

I wonder what’s going on with him, he seems to be fighting to be Nico2.0 but is struggling in the race to keep up with Lewis. I think the team need to help him. Maybe he abandons his title hopes this season and focuses on maximising his points haul?
Ferrari vs Mercedes is really hinged on both teams number 2 drivers and at the moment Kimi is solid

I wish he was Nico2.0, but right now he doesn't seem even close to Hamilton. Nico made things interesting at least from a team perspective.

I wish he was Nico2.0, but right now he doesn't seem even close to Hamilton. Nico made things interesting at least from a team perspective.

Yeah, and I think the fact he isn’t where Nico was is hurting him.
I think it’s worth noting that Bottas hasn’t been in F1 anywhere nearly as long as Nico.

He just seems to lack confidence, since Bahrain he’s just seemed tentative and then he just bottles it randomly...

Almost everything about LH triggers me lol. From the way he has always come across as incesecre, to the way he dresses, badly, to the way he tries to act cool. Like that stupid pose in his victory picture.

h8rs gonna h8.

#blessed.

-

Hamilton is a celebrity. He can do whatever he wants. Rock the stupid hair. Wear the stupid clothes. Walk the stupid dog. Spend his stupid hundreds of millions of simoleons on whatever he wants.

I don't care. I don't follow the twitters, the news or anything else. All I care about is what the drivers do inside the car. And Lewis does a damn good job inside the car.

Hamilton is a celebrity. He can do whatever he wants. Rock the stupid hair. Wear the stupid clothes. Walk the stupid dog. Spend his stupid hundreds of millions of simoleons on whatever he want

To be fair, we can all do this, just on smaller budgets :lol:

I imagine everyone who doesn't like Hamilton didn't love seeing him his name in GT Sport :lol:.But to be serious,i like Hamilton he's very cheesy but a phenomenal racing driver.

Congrats to Hamilton. Vettel's pit crew screwed up the stop then it was over for him. Bottas - the ultimate 2nd driver, one race incident and a complete ****-up against Ricciardo. Overall - what a boring race! I always hated Hungaroring for this. When the weather is dry and warm there, it's pretty sure that the race is going to be tedious.

h8rs gonna h8.

#blessed.

-

Hamilton is a celebrity. He can do whatever he wants. Rock the stupid hair. Wear the stupid clothes. Walk the stupid dog. Spend his stupid hundreds of millions of simoleons on whatever he wants.

I don't care. I don't follow the twitters, the news or anything else. All I care about is what the drivers do inside the car. And Lewis does a damn good job inside the car.

100% this!

Back