FORMULA 1 ROLEX MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2018Formula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 222 comments
I think Bottas was clearly being Hamiltons rear gunner from the start, he was slow on purpose to slow Vettel down in the first stint and then they went for a 1 stop just to ruin Vettels race, Bottas tyres where not going to be competitve at the end anyway as he pit for a 2 stopper on his change to Softs.

h8rs gonna h8.

#blessed.

-

Hamilton is a celebrity. He can do whatever he wants. Rock the stupid hair. Wear the stupid clothes. Walk the stupid dog. Spend his stupid hundreds of millions of simoleons on whatever he wants.

I don't care. I don't follow the twitters, the news or anything else. All I care about is what the drivers do inside the car. And Lewis does a damn good job inside the car.
This, people take it all too seriously as well, the guys a PR machine who targets a select young age group so some of his image will annoy those out of his demographic but from what I've seen and heard when you get down to it he's a nice guy who brings a lot of fans to F1 who wouldn't usually be interested in it.

But as you said more importantly he is a heck of a driver, his record in the rain is incredible and as a fellow Brit I'm pleased to have him. Even if I'm not #Blessed :lol:

Edit: also just wondering why Mercedes didn't leave the stop later for Bottas after Ferrari messed up Kimi's? They would have had a bit of a buffer time wise and it might have made a big difference in the end.

I think Bottas was clearly being Hamiltons rear gunner from the start, he was slow on purpose to slow Vettel down in the first stint and then they went for a 1 stop just to ruin Vettels race, Bottas tyres where not going to be competitve at the end anyway as he pit for a 2 stopper on his change to Softs.

That's why he was hired for another 2 years. I bet Ferrari will do the same and they will keep Raikkonen for the next season as well.

Brian_Blessed.jpg

That's why he was hired for another 2 years. I bet Ferrari will do the same and they will keep Raikkonen for the next season as well.
Mercedes may give him another shot at equal status next year but I think he is the clear 2nd driver for this year now.

This, people take it all too seriously as well, the guys a PR machine who targets a select young age group

Every driver is a PR machine, that’s how the young driver programs and series work. The dude doesn’t target a demographic, he’s just himself and does what he wants.

If Bottas gets penalized for either incidents, I think he definitely deserve it, regardless of the state of his wings. Ricciardo's attack on the outside was a bit ballsy knowing what could have happened with Bottas' car in the state it was on and the tires. Speaking of tires, would it have been better to pit Bottas under that VSC and put him on Ultras?..I can't help but think that everything that unfolded in the last 5 laps could have been prevented and he would at least finish on the podium.

Almost everything about LH triggers me lol. From the way he has always come across as incesecre, to the way he dresses, badly, to the way he tries to act cool. Like that stupid pose in his victory picture.

Sounds like the hate runs really deep...almost feel sorry for you! You are watching a driver race in Formula 1, why should all the other stuff he does matter? As @niky said, he's a celebrity and he can do whatever stupid things celebrities tend to do, all that matter is how good of a driver he is and what he does for the sports.

Every driver is a PR machine, that’s how the young driver programs and series work. The dude doesn’t target a demographic, he’s just himself and does what he wants.
Lol they really aren't :lol::lol::lol: They are all heavily marketed but Hamilton's brand appeal is a long long way beyond most of the grid. Hamilton is a house hold name, go to any supermarket or shopping centre and you will see his face on something he's hard to avoid.

My younger brother's girlfriend's friends know loads about Hamilton but can't even name another driver. I agree that not everything he does is targeted but a fair amount is, after all I imagine he's got better things to do than hang around with some teenager's favourite YouTube star :cheers:

One thing I think that is interesting about the race, was that Sainz. Ant picked up on the fact that Sainz was given some 9 blue flags before he let Vettel past... that added up to over a second and could have allowed him to jump Bottas and go after the win.

But no stewards enquiry...

Was a bit distracted my sister and my super cute niece coming over...during the race.

Thought it was a good race, especially towards the end, Hamilton had a great drive but that was to be expected in Hungary (six wins there now!) as for Bottas, well I think he was at fault for the first one but not for the second as he did try to avoid it, he locked up his right front where he had reduced downforce.

You can’t wear what you want?

Not at work, sadly, no.

Not a big enough celebrity to do that. :D

Well, there was one industry event that I attended in curlers and a bathrobe. Won a decent amount of money for that. :D

In those pictures he’s not working tho, usually when he’s working he’s wearing the Merc uniform or a race suit...

A celebrity at a public event with cameras around is always working. Self-promotion makes you money. ;)

This is what he wears when he's not working (fairly normal stuff):
Screenshot-2017-08-10-14.41.40.png

27225e38ef0859a9c2b14a933d865f58.jpg

The garish outfits, that's all for maintaining an image for the sake of business or promotional opportunities. Hamilton actually has his eye on the fashion industry once he retires.

If I attend a public event, I've got to be dressed "appropriately" to reflect my corporate brand. But Hamilton is his own brand. And the outrageous outfits are part of it. The rest of us don't have that luxury.

You wouldn't believe the crap I got for attending an industry event in shorts once. Hahaha!

Last edited:
It is said that since 2004 no driver has won the Hungarian Grand Prix and went on to win the championship, I'm not superstitious by any means but doesn't that spell bad news for Lewis? After all, last year the table were reversed and it was Vettel winning the race and was also leading the championship and look at how that turned out at the end.

This season has been quite exciting so far (much better than the 3 years before if I might add) and I can't wait for the summer break to end and see how this will turn out in the end. At this point, it seems like it could go either way with the advantage leaning more toward the Ferrari since they seem to have a much stronger and faster car.

I like to think Ron Dennis's strict control on Hamilton's attire during his time at Mclaren led to this.

But hey, it's still better than 90s-2000s Schumacher imo.

Jean shorts man...

10 second penalty + 2 penalty points for Bottas.
Doesn't affect his position. As far as I can find these are also his only penalty points.

I can't stand these commentators. Hilarious when they asked Horner for his view on the incident and he was talking about Bottas getting a penalty and Brundle had to ask him to make sure he didn't mean Vettel. Worst part of the season for me, but at least we get the races commercial free in the US now. :)

Yeah I thought that was ridiculous on Brundle's part. How he thought Vettel was at fault for that incident is beyond me. Then to ask Horner what he thought who also said it was Bottas's fault and Brundle's reaction to Horner was unbelievable.

We are actually whinging about what Lewis Hamilton wears?!?! :odd:

There's a big difference between whining and commentating. So far only one person showed his disgust (hate) for Lewis. The rest just are just taking the piss. With his hair, and his clown outfits. That make him a lot of money.

#blessed.

Edit.

We can praise him when he wins, we can laugh at him when he fails, and as he is a public figure, with his social media presence, we can also piss on his parade. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Congratulations to Riccy for getting Driver of the Day tomorrow!
You called it!

-

It's a shame the race turned out to be quite disappointing after promising so much in qualifying. My grandad always used to say that they should have artificial rain - I'm totally in favour of that idea now.

Decent race, the chaos at the end kind of saved things. Kind of disappointed Vettel got held up in traffic so much before his stop, and then had the slow stop - I think we could have seen an actual head to battle between Seb and Lewis in the closing stages, something we haven’t really seen yet this year.

I think the Bottas/Vettel contact was a racing incedent. While he had no obligation to, I think given bottas’s lack of grip, Vettel could have used a much wider line in T2 like he’d done earlier in the race, thus avoiding the need for contact.

Bottas and Ricciardo was unnecessary. Someone should have told Dan the condition of Valterri’s Merc, he should have been more patient and just waited for an inside move. Bottas should have given up the corner more easily as well. Worked out in the end though, happy to see no call from the officials.

Great drive by the Gas-man to bring the Gas-mobile home best of the rest. Good drives by KMag and Alonso too.

You called it!

-

It's a shame the race turned out to be quite disappointing after promising so much in qualifying. My grandad always used to say that they should have artificial rain - I'm totally in favour of that idea now.
I hate that idea, it devalues proper wet or mixed races and would be contrived.
The teams having radar and spotters makes it so much more exciting, even if the rain never comes.

I enjoyed the race though, tracks like Hungary are more a battle of attrition than anything else. For me the battle for the win was over when Vettel got stuck in traffic, he just able had Bottas beat until then, the slow stop also not helping.

But once again Red Bull where taken out of contention for any real excitement when Max’s engine gaveway. I can’t understand how and why they are getting shafted, or if this is revenge for the year(s) of Horner’s open criticism of his engine supplier.

We are actually whinging about what Lewis Hamilton wears?!?! :odd:

Seems to be one of the big talking points of why people dislike the guy.

You called it!

-

Sadly that is what you get when they race at Monaco in the woods

You can’t wear what you want?
I don't get it, a person can do whatever you want, no matter how ridiculous it is, but you can't say anything negative about that person? Like he can do silly stuff but we can't even have an opinion?

adb
I don't get it, a person can do whatever you want, no matter how ridiculous it is, but you can't say anything negative about that person? Like he can do silly stuff but we can't even have an opinion?
Who said they can’t?
Should opinions go unchallenged on a forum?

Back