• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 555 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1627733633886.png

After the first ever Sprint Qualifying weekend in Formula 1 history, the paddock moves on to the Hungaroring for a normal weekend again. However, the weekend will be anything but ordinary as the fallout from the Lap 1 clash between title rivals Hamilton and Verstappen still divides fans between Average "Lewis tried to kill Max deliberately" explainers and GigaChad "Racing Incident" enjoyers. The arguments both in the fandom and in the paddock are likely to rumble and be the only topic of discussion in all punditry, so if you're tired of the nonsensical back-and-forth, it's likely to continue. Ferrari nearly won last time out, will the Hungaroring throw up another unlikely victory candidate? Lewis Hamilton can set two incredible records with victory around here - Firstly he could become the first driver to win the same Grand Prix 9 times - and secondly, his next victory will be win #100! Will he hit that incredible milestone at the HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX?
1627392278331.png

First Grand Prix
1986​

Number of Laps
70​

Circuit Length
4.381km​

Race Distance
306.63 km​

Lap Record
1:16.627 Lewis Hamilton (2020)​

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems that Mercedes have good straight line speed by Red Bull are stronger in he corners. With that in mind, I think Max will murder Lewis this weekend.

Literally or figuratively, take your pick.

Turn two is going to be a peach; that's where Max Verstappen attempted to murder his team-mate Daniel Ricciardo back in 2017.

Or, in normal language, sent it aggressively up the inside and hit Ricciardo hard enough to destroy his rad and retire his car, for which he got... [checks] a ten-second penalty.

Last edited:
RedBull are still so heavily invested in the events that happened in Silverstone they might as well forget to bring the cars to Hungary.

Forget the politics, forget the soap opera, the pointless arguments and the protests. The talking is done on track and I'm hoping for a hard-fought, respectful battle between the world's best drivers. As it's a downforce circuit, I'm expecting Red Bull to lead the field but it won't be by much. McLaren should do well here to; they could cause an upset here if they play their cards right.

Absolutely shameless:

Wonder what Christian "Whinger Spice" Horner will say if Hamilton does a "big lunge" on Verstappen at turn one (and what he won't say if it's the other way round)...

Absolutely shameless:

Wonder what Christian "Whinger Spice" Horner will say if Hamilton does a "big lunge" on Verstappen at turn one (and what he won't say if it's the other way round)...

"Max is going to divebomb Lewis here".

I also like the T2 caption: "Easy to crash", kind of overlooking another situation where Max was overly aggressive and ended up getting in a crash. I feel like the second RB car got nerfed so they don't have to deal with stuff like that.

"Max is going to divebomb Lewis here".

I also like the T2 caption: "Easy to crash", kind of overlooking another situation where Max was overly aggressive and ended up getting in a crash. I feel like the second RB car got nerfed so they don't have to deal with stuff like that.
It looks like he's referring to Max though in the "DR/MV" comment. Unless I'm missing context or he's referring to a situation that's blamed on Daniel.

Edit* I'm slow. Guessing that's exactly what you're referring to & Albon is understating how DR/MV played out.

Last edited:
I can't help but think that RB has some lasting issues from the Silverstone crash. Would they really go through all that if they're confident in their car? Maybe they really did only have upgrades on one car.

Very interested to see what FP times look like tomorrow.

Forget the politics, forget the soap opera, the pointless arguments and the protests. The talking is done on track and I'm hoping for a hard-fought, respectful battle between the world's best drivers. As it's a downforce circuit, I'm expecting Red Bull to lead the field but it won't be by much. McLaren should do well here to; they could cause an upset here if they play their cards right.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the McLarens better in the higher speed circuit? Like the Merc, don't they struggle a bit in the higher downforce tracks while the Ferrari seem to just come alive.

I can't help but think that RB has some lasting issues from the Silverstone crash. Would they really go through all that if they're confident in their car? Maybe they really did only have upgrades on one car.

Very interested to see what FP times look like tomorrow.
It seems likely that they wil have to take a grid penalty for a new PU sooner or later. That’s a serious hit with a budget cap.

Last edited:
I know the UK is a country with a weirdly high level of foot fetish, but Horner is taking it to new levels. Every time he opens his mouth, he puts his foot in it.

Latest effort, when given an absolutely open goal by Sky Sports to reiterate Red Bull's condemnation of racist abuse levelled at Lewis Hamilton was, between reaffirming it twice: "... and by the way, Max also receiving, you know, abuse as well ...".

homeland facepalm GIF

However, I'll also note that some images of racist comments from a Red Bull Racing employee in a WhatsApp group have surfaced on social media, and RBR have fired the person in question; their identity/role hasn't been revealed though...

... and also that when Verstappen called Stroll a "mongol" last year, Red Bull Racing quickly stated they didn't condone it, but completely excused it on the basis of being "in the heat of the moment".

Last edited:
I know the UK is a country with a weirdly high level of foot fetish, but Horner is taking it to new levels. Every time he opens his mouth, he puts his foot in it.

Latest effort, when given an absolutely open goal by Sky Sports to reiterate Red Bull's condemnation of racist abuse levelled at Lewis Hamilton was, between reaffirming it twice: "... and by the way, Max also receiving, you know, abuse as well ...".

homeland facepalm GIF

However, I'll also note that some images of racist comments from a Red Bull Racing employee in a WhatsApp group have surfaced on social media, and RBR have fired the person in question; their identity/role hasn't been revealed though...

... and also that when Verstappen called Stroll a "mongol" last year, Red Bull Racing quickly stated they didn't condone it, but completely excused it on the basis of being "in the heat of the moment".
Is this on YouTube somewhere, because good lord...

EDIT: I...I found it.

Last edited:
From a PR standpoint this really can't get any worse can it? Although as I type this I realize there's probably some DTS footage out there that will re-ignite this next March.

My only wish for this season is an in-race battle between Max & Checo, which will probably end in controversy.

The news coming out that a Red Bull employee was using racist language that went to the point of attacking the football player's family is about as bad PR as it gets, but Horner seems intent on adding more cherries to the top of making Red Bull look bad.

Is this on YouTube somewhere, because good lord...

EDIT: I...I found it.

Gawd Damn, Christian! You were sooo close, too. :crazy:

Christian has always been a bit of a 🤬-stirrer, but so far this weekend it seems like he reall off balance. In a way it's funny, but it makes me wonder how much of this malarkey may effect the teams performance this weekend.

The news coming out that a Red Bull employee was using racist language that went to the point of attacking the football player's family is about as bad PR as it gets, but Horner seems intent on adding more cherries to the top of making Red Bull look bad.
Of course the biggest issue is just how comfortable the member of staff felt with dropping multiple N-bombs in group chats, like it was just part of the ordinary, day to day language.

But then when you've got Horner totally excusing Verstappen for calling people "mongol" (twice, a year apart; edit: no, three years apart!) and Marko casually referring to Iwasa as "typical Japanese" (and Tsunoda as not "typical Japanese"), you really don't have to wonder where this apparent culture within the team comes from...

Oh and the most recent "mongol" came after a crash with Stroll in which Stroll was on the outside, Verstappen on the inside, and Verstappen tagged Stroll's rear-right with his front-left after not drawing fully alongside the then-Force India on the straight. He did at least make the apex.

Last edited:
Looking forward to quali and the race. Hopefully again another spectacular battle. Finally it is also nerve breaking at the top. That's what we wanted right?

Personal touch (for what it is worth): for the racers, the teams and us fans (aka keyboard warriors) ;)

1627713193784.png

Last edited:
Back