Formula 1 Rolex Magyar Nagydíj 2021

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 555 comments
What are the odds on a lap 1 red flag tomorrow?
I don't think any higher than usual.

I expect an aggressive attack from Max, but mainly because he is on softs while the Mercs are on mediums. No way that he will cause a crash on purpose or anything if that's what you're implying

I wasn't implying that. I was implying that there's a lot of pressure at the front of the grid and a lot of friction between the drivers and the teams, and that they all are driving with the elbows all the way out and that is usually a recipe for a messy first lap.

I would like to believe that since he's starting 4th Perez will prove handy tomorrow, but we all know he'll lose out to Leclerc and Norris at the start and spend the entire first stint trying to get past them by which point he's too far behind the top 3 to be of any use to Max and is used as a sacrificial lamb at the end to get fastest lap and finish 7th or 8th.

Jeez, track is hotter than balls.

Max on the softer compound with a draft trying to get ahead as quickly as possible could be spicy.

True, but booing has always been in bad taste. This isn't professional wrestling or MMA, these guys aren't playing characters for you to cheer or jeer for. It's not even in the same vain as football where that kind of culture seamlessly feeds into everything else.

You're booing someone because you think they took someone out on purpose, or because the media continues to feed these nonsensical headlines, etc, etc.

CYcfgevW8AAS5We.jpg

These guys aren't playing characters for you to cheer or jeer for.
Yes they are, to a degree.
Guarranteed.

The surprising thing would be if it was from anywhere else on the grid and not from the inevitable clash Hamilton and Verstappen are going to have on track.
You can't wish for a crash or you'll get @Famine on your case.

Last edited:
Wow, thats a lot of complaining over nothing. Red Bull got their timing wrong yet Mercedes are the villains? Lol.

Last minute engine swap for Max' car. After all it seems the engine is not reliable enough and suffered some damage after last weeks collision. No penalty now but another swap will cost him three grid places.

ENJOY the race!

Last edited:
Heavy downpour before the F3 race. Dried during the race. Probably won't rain again but it's cleaned up the track surface a bit.

Forcecast for high chances of thunderstorms mid race but as we all know, they're very hard to actually predict. They could just as easily miss the circuit entirely. But they are definitely in the vicinity.

Heading in from the west/SW

If any do hit it's likely to be red flag conditions very quickly.

Last edited:
Possible the wind gusts could make things interesting? Andrew Benson on Twitter is saying the wind gusts are forecasting up to 60-70kph, & a 35-40kph gust is what took Sainz out.

Rain Radar prediction at time of the race start. Blue dot is Hungaroring.
It can still evolve.
1627820237213.png

Last edited:
You can't wish for a crash or you'll get @Famine on your case.
And he didn't, so I'm not.

Meanwhile...

Honda: The PU [power unit] was sent back to Sakura for thorough checks. We also replaced certain parts, as allowed in the regulations, without breaking the FIA seals. We will use the engine this Friday to give it a proper track test, after which we should have a clearer picture of its viability as a race engine.

Red Bull: During post-qualifying checks we noticed something on Max's PU which might have developed over the course of the weekend, likely to be an after-effect of the Silverstone crash.

I guess Honda's either incompetent or in on the whole thing then, eh?

Is F1 TV acting up for anyone else audio wise? I'm not hearing any commentary.

Edit - I'm not alone.. Oh well.

Last edited:
Back