Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 601 comments
Watch as George loses the points because of that tire fiasco. My god, opportunity of a lifetime and to have a surefire victory yanked away from him. Twice!

But if Perez has no ride next year, being able to say he won a Formula 1 race is some consolation prize. That parking job was terrible, though. :lol:

I'm just frustrated at Mercedes right now :grumpy: I'd like to think their complacency and over-confidence got the better of them. Absolutely gutted for Russell. He did get points (finally) but, ughhh......:indiff:

That said, holy crap. Super stronk Checo :bowdown::bowdown: in all my 20+ years of watching F1, I don't think I've ever seen any one driver that went from last to first in a race. That, ladies and gents, is why you should NEVER, EVER give up.

That's terrible luck for Russell, ruined a good finish. Very impressive to dismantle Bottas like he did while the right tyres were on.

The race proved the short lap concept but not the slipstreaming battles that everyone was hoping. Terrible strategy for Ricciardo. Glad Perez and force India won.

Last edited:
GR gets bad luck, Sky F1 "ooohhh noooo heartbreaking, such bad luck"
VB gets bad luck, Sky F1 "meh"

Honestly its so hard to watch on sky.

That said, holy crap. Super stronk Checo :bowdown::bowdown: in all my 20+ years of watching F1, I don't think I've ever seen any one driver that went from last to first in a race. That, ladies and gents, is why you should NEVER, EVER give up.

If you remember the 2011 Canadian GP, Jenson Button went from 21st and last at half distance to 1st in 31 laps.

But yeah, brilliant for Perez, I'm happy for him.

It really sucks for George but one has to wonder if he's maybe just really unlucky. I mean he's always out qualified his teammate but on Sundays something always seem to happen to him whether that's a crash, tire blowout, engine breakdown or whatever, there's always something.

Everything was going well today and suddenly it turned into a typical Sunday for him. It's the day where mercedes pulled a page out of Ferrari's book on how to really mess up your race and then a puncture. Lastly, even if that doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, despite wiping the floor with Bottas he still finished behind him :indiff:. It would have been so great to watch him get that win because he thoroughly deserved it today.

I hope both Bottas and Albon get booted because there are drivers who are more deserving of those seats!

P5 to P3 in the first sector to begin with, then down to P18 before climbing back to P1. Even without Mercedes ****ing their pitstops up Perez would have comfortably been P3 from P18 which isn't a small feat.

Russell's biggest L today was missing the chance for "Bono my tyre is gone"
I laughed out loud when Russell went on the radio in the first stint and said "Tyres are fine". He only did about 5 laps after that before saying he felt the fronts going, but I thought it was funny.

Just knocked £100,000,000 of Lewis's value... gon' kick back and relax...

Eok3iUoWMAAgIja

Russell's biggest L today was missing the chance for "Bono my tyre is gone"
And a possibility that Russell will get a DSQ for driving around with two tires of Bottas' car...(hopefully not, George has been punished already very hard)

What a delightful day of racing it's been.

Perez: I think we can relax and assume he's getting that seat at Red Bull, his and Albon's performances the past two weekends have been polar opposites. I want Tsunoda at AlphaTauri next year so I'm really not bothered if Albon is left out to dry. He wouldn't be if we didn't having walking wallets like Latifi and Mazepin, but that's how it is. Last to 1st. A+

Ocon: I'm surprised that before this his best result was 5th. A jewel in a year of dirt for Ocon. A+

Stroll: Some serious tyre management going on there. A

Sainz: Very ballsy pass on Bottas near the start. A

Ricciardo:
Not his best and not his worst. B

Albon
: Even with everything that happened he still should be higher than this. D

Kyvat:
A strong performance in what was probably his penultimate race. B

Bottas
: The pit stop was not his fault but everything else was. F

Russell
: I really hoped this race would suck, I'm still processing everything that happened. His performance was completely faultless. This time any misgivings weren't his fault, but at least he got some points. A+

Norris: Brilliant 1st lap, kinda average for the rest. C

Gasly:
Meh. C

Vettel
: His driving wasn't great but fortunately the team are behind him twisting the dagger all the way. D

Giovinazzi
: Good qualifying but otherwise meh. C

Raikkonen:
Span and then spent a large part of the race behind Fittipaldi. D

Magnussen
: Meh. C

Aitken
: That was going reasonably well until the spin. Thumbs up for giving us some chaos, thumbs down for possibly indirectly giving Russell a puncture. C

Fittipaldi
: He's been present in the paddock all year but unlike Aitken has not been actively racing. Played the team game yesterday, and was able to battle today without any major errors. A

Latifi
: He out-qualified Aitken but only marginally. C

Verstappen
: Hard to say with this. He was dodging a crash and probably would have won if he had kept it going, but who knows. C

Leclerc
. I am stupid. D

Toto Wolff live on Sky: "It was just a colossal 🤬 up"

mutters of 'you can't say that, Toto' from the presenters

...Wolff: "...I'm sorry but it was."

At least it is after the watershed in Bahrain 💡

Crazy to think a 7 time consecutive championship winning team is capable of such an embarrassing mistake.

GR gets bad luck, Sky F1 "ooohhh noooo heartbreaking, such bad luck"
VB gets bad luck, Sky F1 "meh"

Honestly its so hard to watch on sky.
Apart from the fact that they always mention just how unlucky Bottas has been this season. None so blind as those who don't want to see ;)

Back