• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 217 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
1633867267793.png

After replacing Canada and getting cancelled, the Turkish Grand Prix reappears on the F1 calendar in place of Singapore. One of Herman Tilke's masterpieces, the Istanbul Park circuit threw a spanner into the works last season when a recent resurfacing made the track treacherous. Add in the hardest tyres, November temperatures and heavy rain on Saturday and Sunday, and drivers found pointing in a straight line to be almost impossible. McLaren have been the form team over the last two races (despite the Ham-Ver top 2 in Sochi), so they'll be hoping to get Norris onto the top step he was so close to in Sochi. Max took an engine change penalty last time out, will Mercedes follow for Hamilton at a track that is very easy to pass on. Who will come out on top at the TURKISH GRAND PRIX!
1633420427956.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.338km

Race Distance
309.396 km

Lap Record
1:24.770 Juan Pablo Montoya (2005)​

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm reading the forecast correctly there is possibly a rain chance for 3rd practice and qualifying with the rain mostly ending prior to the race on Sunday. Might have a bit of a damp track but at best, only a shower risk on Sunday.

Sounds like there's a chance that Lewis takes an engine penalty this weekend. If there is some wet conditions this weekend that might be a good gamble.

Verstappen needs a win here to get back on track. Whatever you say, Hamilton's luck shows little signs of running out; instead of needless collisions, Verstappen needs to keep it in P1 and stay there.

Whatever you say, Hamilton's luck shows little signs of running out;
I would push back on that. Since F1 returned from the break he lost championship ground in 3 straight races, including Spa where there wasn't even a race. And in Russia Max finished 2nd dispite an engine penalty and additional grid penalty. I wouldn't call that luck.

Red Bull and AlphaTauri will be running White and Red liveries this weekend as a tribute to Honda, at the weekend that was supposed to be the Japanese Grand Prix.

Red Bull and AlphaTauri will be running White and Red liveries this weekend as a tribute to Honda, at the weekend that was supposed to be the Japanese Grand Prix.
Expect them to all collide at turn 1, then.

Indeed. When was the last time a one-off livery ended positively? Seems to be a curse.
Well, it ended positively for the guy who found the diamond from the Jaguar...

I'm not sure Red Bull could have put less effort into that livery if it had tried.

As far as I can tell, the changes are:

• White base colour
  • White race numbers inside red circle/red race numbers
  • A red line
  • "Arigato" on the side pods

If it's supposed to be "inspired by" Richie Ginther's RA272, the first Honda F1 car to win a race, then the only thing that's right is the white base colour. That car featured a red circle, but the numbers were black and not inside the circle. It didn't have a red line - that was on the RA273, with the central item arriving on the RA300.

1633614162308.png

I appreciate they've got a lot of sponsors to keep happy, but the main one is... Red Bull itself, and it makes a mess of the livery having that plastered everywhere.

Get rid of all the Red Bull branding, except maybe the two bulls head-to-head version which they can put inside the red circle. Shove the Honda and/or "arigato" onto the side pods and rear wing. Put big, black number on the airbox sides and the nose. If you want to highlight the RA300, put a red stripe up the middle. Done.

Last edited:
They'll be hoping the power-wash that's been done to the track works a charm, another wet weekend in store according to the forecast...

E: Well, the forecast that I saw yesterday at any rate. Just checked a different service and it's displaying murky clouds at best. 🤔

Last edited:
Might as well share an image of the "ugly" overalls as well since the majority here think this is one of the worst one off liveries they have ever seen :rolleyes:

1633629524175.png

Might as well share an image of the "ugly" overalls as well since the majority here think this is one of the worst one off liveries they have ever seen :rolleyes:
Interesting way to handle differing opinions on aesthetics.

Also not "one of the worst one off liveries" (sic), just a very lazy attempt that fails in its stated intent.

I would call the one-off livery ugly, it just seems underwhelming. Especially given how cool some of RBs testing liveries have been over the years.

It's a very limp-wristed one-off livery, pretty much just a pallette swap. It wouldn't be a problem (other than it not looking great) if, as @Famine said, they hadn't gone out of their way to say it's a tribute to another car it looks absolutely nothing like.

Pretty incredible I've been complaining about the red bull liveries for years on end now and how they never switch it up, they go and make a tribute and manage to make it worse - this team just cannot do anything I like :P

Hoping for a good race at a track I'm usually pretty sceptical of to be honest. If rain comes let's have McLaren at the front again, I'm getting nice and used to that kind of warm nostalgia...

Back