Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix 2019Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 203 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
With the European season over (We don't count Sochi, it sucks too much so we'll try not to claim it), Formula 1 heads for the original Night Race destination, and the one of the three true street circuits on the calendar. Overtaking is possible and chaos is never far away at the circuit with a 100% safety car record. This is usually one of the most spectacular qualifying sessions of the year, with Hamilton's pole lap last year being one of the best laps we'd seen in a long time. Humidity and heat are bonkers despite being late at night, and the slow circuit means the race regularly hits the two hour mark and is a massive physical test for all.
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.063km

Race Distance
308.706 km

Lap Record
1:41.905 Kevin Magnussen (2018)

I'm gonna be devastated if either of the Williams fails to finish. If they both finish on Sunday they'll break McLaren's record from 2007 of most consecutive double-finishes from the start of a season.

Last edited:
Watched the last part of FP1. Tuned in just when Bottas hit the barrier. Understood that LeClerc faced gearbox issues.
Did I miss other spectacular things?

When you look at the track map and think "wow, a figure of 8 layout, this is gonna be fun" you know you've been playing too much Wreckfest. :lol:

Perez was already sick before entering the car. Could a lack of concentration caused that kissing the wall?
Hopefully for him and his team only a new rim?

Edit:also floor damage and probably gearbox..

This is fascinating. By all accounts Ferrari should've sucked here, however having said that Lewis is gonna be right there with them again.

Leclerc on pole was a bit of a surprise. I really didn't see a Ferrari on the front row so good job on the team for evolving their car so quickly. With Lewis in P2, this should be an interesting race tomorrow considering all the corners and the Mercedes pace in race trim. The last 8 races were won from pole so let's see how Charles is going to defend this time around with all that "aggressive" driving talk :lol:

What was with the Ferrari mechanic that looked like he was about to get into a fight with the TV screen after LeClerc crossed the line? Was he angry? upset? excited?

Its a changing of the guard at Ferrari now, Seb had clear air for his second attempt in Q3 and blew it... Race should be good tomorrow Mercedes have better race pace so there should be some close racing, whoever gets a free tire change under an inevitable safety car might win it...

Ricciardo will (probably) have to start from the back because his quali time will be deleted due to 'illegal' MGU-K usage. More power charged then allowed.

One of the best pole laps I've seen in a really long time. Well done. Ferrari has a new number 1.

Back