Formula 1 STC Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2023Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 182 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2023 kicked off 2 weeks ago in Bahrain as Red Bull layed down a strong marker of their intentions for the upcoming season. Aston Martin proved to be a real threat and have jumped up into the front runners, so can Alonso and Stroll keep up that momentum at Jeddah? The circuit is known as the fastest street circuit, as the proliferation of more high speed corners than a Singapore Grand Prix, these high speed corners keep up average speeds. This will be a very different challenge to the massive braking points of Sakhir. Who will come out on top here? Will the reprofiled corners make this track a bit less obviously-unsafe, and can we avoid another missile strike? Let's find out at the SPORTSWASHING SAUDI ARABIAN GRAND PRIX!
image (22).png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
6.174km

Race Distance
308.45 km

Lap Record
1:30.734
Lewis Hamilton (2021)​

Not the best start of the season for Leclerc. Certainly very different to last year. And if that problem persist he'll probably get even more penalty down the road too. Let's see how they do this weekend.

Ferrari doing Ferrari things:

I'd suggest throwing new power unit bits at it, winding them up to 11 and starting last every race, but I guess that would just burn the rear tyres off it more quickly... :indiff:

Last edited:
Actually wouldn't surprise me that one. They are rear limited and that's irrelevant really for this circuit (bar the final turn),
If they are rear limited doesn't that mean they won't really perform all that well anywhere? You need the rear at every track to get good exits out of corners unless the track has no corners....while the corners at Jeddah are basically no existent since they are so fast, I feel like you'd still need a good rear to make sure the car is planted, no?

If they are rear limited doesn't that mean they won't really perform all that well anywhere? You need the rear at every track to get good exits out of corners unless the track has no corners....while the corners at Jeddah are basically no existent since they are so fast, I feel like you'd still need a good rear to make sure the car is planted, no?
Not at high speed tracks, the effect should be negated at speed, if it's got a good front end (which it seems to) then they may get away with it here. Turn 1 and the final turn will be their biggest time loss.

Of course, I'm not an F1 engineer and could be talking bull, but it makes sense to me.

Once again, Merc looks like they are nowhere. Ferrari still doing Ferrari thing...I guess....I know it's only FP2 but this looks like it could be another podium for Alonso with Max and Checo comfortably 1-2 again.

As always I’m rooting for Alonso and want him to place as high as possible. If the times of FP 1&2 are an indication, the Aston seems to perform better than I expected.

Looking forward to qualifying and then the race tomorrow! 😎

In FP3 the gap from Verstappen (1) to Perez (2) is larger than the gap from Perez (2) to Gasly (9), and the gap from Verstappen (1) to Alonso (3) is larger than the gap from Alonso (3) to Bottas (18).

In FP3 the gap from Verstappen (1) to Perez (2) is larger than the gap from Perez (2) to Gasly (9), and the gap from Verstappen (1) to Alonso (3) is larger than the gap from Alonso (3) to Bottas (18).
So what you're trying to say is...Verstappen is fast? :eek:

Yeah, I mean he's still winning the race, even if Perez is half a mile down the road at half distance.

Back