Formula 1 VTB Russian Grand Prix 2020Formula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 232 comments

Jimlaad43

GeoGuessr God
Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Formula 1 heads to Russia what could be a record equalling weekend for two drivers - Kimi Raikkonen and Lewis Hamilton. Raikkonen just needs to start the race and he'll equal Rubens Barrichello's record for race starts, while Hamilton is 1 race win away from Michael Schumacher's hallowed and "unbeatable" 91 race wins. This has traditionally been a Bottas circuit, and is one that Mercedes are unbeaten at. I mean, I'm trying to set this up with some intrigue, but the Sochi Autodrom has location inside an Olympic Park as literally the only good thing about it. I hope you like 90 degree corners, because apart from the epic Turn 3 and the interesting braking point through Turn 12 into 13, it's all samey. The forecast is looking dry and Mercedes are looking favourites again. I can't really sell this race, if anyone enjoys the Russian GP, please tell me why and how to enjoy it down below. Otherwise, get ready to endure the RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX!
image.png

First Grand Prix

Number of Laps

Circuit Length
5.848km

Race Distance
309.745 km

Lap Record
1:35.761 Lewis Hamilton (2019)

29c.gif

Let's just get this over with. Bottas if you can't win at the only circuit you're any good at then swap with Russell please.

I wonder, Have they had another crack at the track limits at T1 again? They seem to have a new thing each year, each as crummy as the last.

.....if anyone enjoys the Russian GP, please tell me why and how to enjoy it down below. Otherwise, get ready to endure the RUSSIAN GRAND PRIX!

If you follow the rules my dad and I have for each Grand Prix and imbibe some of the national drink when watching, this race just flies by!

Sainz and Latifi have now both crashed this session having taken too much kerb on entry. The drivers will probably stay off those entry kerbs this weekend now, so don't expect another crash like it.

Sainz and Latifi have now both crashed this session having taken too much kerb on entry. The drivers will probably stay off those entry kerbs this weekend now, so don't expect another crash like it.
Kerb issues have been a big theme this season. I guess the under-car aero craziness is a little too highly strung. It's given us some great Mercedes radio, though...

"In fact, all of them"

The track has a good overall flow in my opinion; much better than Abu Dhabi, COTA and Singapore. In fact I'd take it over Catalunya...

It's just corner > straight > corner though. 13 onwards run together but they're just basic 90 degree turns.

Vettel crash, red flag Lewis currently in P15.....with 2 minutes left of the session...well well well, what a development :lol:

There's going to be a rush to the end of the pitlane for these last 2 minutes.

Vettel's crash was actually pretty small for such damage.

Leclerc super lucky.

Back