Forza 5 Vs Project CARS - Huayra @ Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 92 comments
Just one gripe, one question to @GranTurismo guy. The Pagan Cinque Roadster has 678 BHP and the Tricolore have slightly less at 670 BHP. They are probably same engine with slightly different tuning. They both have the same Inconel/titanium exhaust system coated with ceramic. And so I would like to see the real life Cinque roadster vs the in game one instead of the Tricolore even if both cars sound exactly the same. They might not there might be slight difference that maybe is or isn't noticeable. They are a different model. Please note I know I am just being meticulous now right down to the miniscule detail. But it wouldn't hurt to compare the correct model of the car to the in game one.

Unfortunately, no video of the cinque like that of the tricolore exists. But I do know that they sound no different. The zonda f, cinque and tricolore all sound the same. All of pcars' vehicles have a toned down, less bassy interior sound, which is like real life as you are positioned away from the exhaust, hence there is less of the louder and shoutier noise.

Well yeah I still agree with all that has been said and thankyou for posting these videos I'm sure everyone appreciates your hard work as i do. I think the sound is amazing. I really do think the experience is going to be something very special. There was I thinking some sounds in Forza 5 were closer than anything and then PCARS comes along and changes everything. FOrza maybe be closer with some cars and not others as other people have said.

Sorry this is off-topic a little if not a lot. Now my PS4 is waiting. I've been impressed with my PS4 thus far but I haven't been impressed with the rubustness of the factory shipped PS4 controller. For instance the grips on the analogue sticks have already worn down to the plastic way too early into the controllers life. And after a while my R2 trigger has broken. The spring or something inside. Now my PS3 controllers were more well built and at least they didn't break like that unless I used them as a tool to get annoyed with.

So now I have to buy a new PS4 controller which is still pricey. I need to make sure I buy a proper official one that is like the factory one too. Has anyone else had a similar experience with their PS4 controller? I just know this controller wasn't that well built at all. It feels as though they skimped on quality of build maybe from what I have experienced.

Thanks for the list. That does get me a little bit more excited especially the 24 hour dynamic night and weather cycle and 40 cars. Last "sim" racing game I played with dynamic weather night was F1 2011. Ill keep an eye on Project cars. Would be nice to find a perfect hybrid between GT, F1 series, and Forza.
I"ll add to @GranTurismo guy's list if I may:

-45 cars on track not 40...offline
-16 cars online..but you can fill up grids with AI
-Online Performance and Reputation tracking - tracks % of race completed, placements, poles, average qualifying and finishing positions, number of races with penalties and number of races you were disqualified in.
-Full day night cycle and weather on every track - real time weather on PC only:D
-Wet tracks include puddling, aquaplaning and realistic drying of the race line.
-Massive career mode. The Formula A (F1) series alone features 20 races up to 2 hours long with full practice and qualifying sessions for each event. Standing starts as per series regs.
-Rolling starts and standing starts online and in each offline series as per series regs.
-Tuning is limited to real world options only. No car upgrades, no silly tires etc.
-Era and car specific tires. A 60's F1 car will drive like a 60's F1 car, not a modern car with modern slicks
-Extensive damage model including to individual components like radiator punctures, flat tires, suspension damage from excessive curb usage etc.
-Many small details too numerous to mention. Example. Volumetric throttle simulation. At higher elevations cars will produce less hp. Turbos are less affected than naturally aspirated cars. Example. You can adjust radiator opening size, but risk overheating the engine to gain speed.
-Extremely complex and advanced tire model. Heat radiating from brakes is modeled for example. Tires gain and shed heat as real tires would. Smooth driving is rewarded. Racing series that provide tire blankets for pre-heating do so in game...etc. Flatspotting is in the tire model.
-Track grip changes when rubber is laid down during practice and race sessions.
-PCars has the official Indy 500 license and will contain the cars and all the liveries of the 2015 Indy car series in an Oval DLC pack after release.
-PCars has the official 24 hours of LeMans license.

And more...:D

I guess you are right but we just had the 900p blow (XBO here) and now this. Hopefully that is the last surprise I have.
Yes, that 900p issue is disappointing. My xb1 cost me just as much as my ps4 and it's rather irritating it can't match it for performance.

My Thrustmaster TX just died on me (fortunately they're sending me a replacement base) so I decided to pick up the T300RS. The 1080p vs 900p issue doesn't bother me much, but the fact that Project Cars will be compatible with Project Morpheus on PS4 made me want to make the switch.

My Thrustmaster TX just died on me (fortunately they're sending me a replacement base) so I decided to pick up the T300RS. The 1080p vs 900p issue doesn't bother me much, but the fact that Project Cars will be compatible with Project Morpheus on PS4 made me want to make the switch.

R.I.P. I guess it was under warranty or did they decide to replace it because so many have been found to be faulty that they are acknowledging that it is a design flaw? I have the TX myself as well and I'm scared it will die too so I just run it with FFB strength on only 70%. It it dies I will just go PC from now and get a G27. Then I will get 4k and the Rift :)

R.I.P. I guess it was under warranty or did they decide to replace it because so many have been found to be faulty that they are acknowledging that it is a design flaw? I have the TX myself as well and I'm scared it will die too so I just run it with FFB strength on only 70%. It it dies I will just go PC from now and get a G27. Then I will get 4k and the Rift :)
It's 1 month out of warranty, but they were still willing to replace it. Before the power died on it, I was having issues with the TH8A shifter not working correctly on Forza. I believe it had something to do with the DIN connection.

I've played almost every car and/or racing game worth playing, on both PC and console, that includes pcars. I will safely bet that it is going to be the best on track racing game on console so far. I'm not 100% sure it's the best on track racing sim I have played on PC but it's gonna wipe the floor with anything released on a console. If it were racing against the console competition, it would have lapped them easily.

I understand some of you guys also might be worried getting it on Xbox after seeing the early build on Eurogamer, with the sub 30 frame rate drops and the sub 1080p resolution, but I think the frame rate will have improved a lot and to be blatently honest, you should be used to 900p by now. That said, if this was exclusive to Xbox, even if it were the old build, I would still buy the console and game in a heartbeat. It's that good compared to anything else.

You two may be more about the cars and it's a legitimate gripe, but considering a search throws up 200 posts and 198 posts of each of you talking about physics, it's a pretty strange stance when offered a game with the most detailed physics ever on console. :lol:

What? Your saying the X1 version WILL run at 30 fps, and even then its not steady? 900p doesn't bother me one bit, even if the game goes to 720p, I'm not bothered, as long as it makes good use of FSAA/MSAA or whatever, along with 60 fps. Anything under 60 fps does not work well IMO if you're trying to relay accurate physics on a TV screen.

I am about the cars, but I'm also about the motorsport which is lagging in Forza. I would LOVE to own a game with race cars, proper full-length races with p.stops, changing weather and day/night conditions. Bring it on.

"The most detailed physics on a console"... are you taking that stance based on actual track driving or comparisons with other console sims only?

PCARS definitely gets closer than Forza 5 and GT6 by far. But then I compared PCARS to the real life Zonda by @GranTurismo guy and I noticed on the outside hood or roof view PCARS is very quiet. In real life its as loud as the rear camera near the exhaust. That's what I noticed PCARS get wrong it was quiet in that view. Overall the real thing is more pronounced with more authority. A bit louder and it sounds that bit more powerful. But then again its the real thing. I'm totally impressed at certain points throughout the video where it sounds extremely close to the real thing but short periods. But again it's extremely close and it's definitely the closest over any console or PC by far and its truly groundbreaking. Something for PD and T10 to think about in their future games.

Just one gripe, one question to @GranTurismo guy. The Pagan Cinque Roadster has 678 BHP and the Tricolore have slightly less at 670 BHP. They are probably the same engine with slightly different tuning. They both have the same Inconel/titanium exhaust system coated with ceramic. And so I would like to see the real life Cinque roadster vs the in game one instead of the Tricolore even if both cars sound are extremely similar. They might not there might be slight difference that maybe is or isn't noticeable. They are a different model after all. Please note I know I am just being meticulous now right down to the minuscule detail. But it wouldn't hurt to compare the correct model of the car to the in-game one.

I do not believe PCARS can top Forza in terms of engine sounds, but then again I could be wrong as I haven't played the game. The sounds could be hit and miss, as IS the case with some F5 cars. I've watched a tonne of vids on Youtoob and the cars don't sound right in replays. Also between shifts... where's that off-throttle raspiness?

Anyhow, I'm not passing judgement, until I play the game for myself. It could be a Forza killer for sure, but FM6 is arriving and it'll be VERY interesting to own both.

Well yeah I still agree with all that has been said and thankyou for posting these videos I'm sure everyone appreciates your hard work as i do. I think the sound is amazing. I really do think the experience is going to be something very special. There was I thinking some sounds in Forza 5 were closer than anything and then PCARS comes along and changes everything. FOrza maybe be closer with some cars and not others as other people have said.

Sorry this is off-topic a little if not a lot. Now my PS4 is waiting. I've been impressed with my PS4 thus far but I haven't been impressed with the rubustness of the factory shipped PS4 controller. For instance the grips on the analogue sticks have already worn down to the plastic way too early into the controllers life. And after a while my R2 trigger has broken. The spring or something inside. Now my PS3 controllers were more well built and at least they didn't break like that unless I used them as a tool to get annoyed with.

So now I have to buy a new PS4 controller which is still pricey. I need to make sure I buy a proper official one that is like the factory one too. Has anyone else had a similar experience with their PS4 controller? I just know this controller wasn't that well built at all. It feels as though they skimped on quality of build maybe from what I have experienced.

That's tough man. The X1's controller is very robust and comfortable. Plus you're going to love the rumble triggers for racing games. Get an X1 if you can. Good time to be a console sim lover!

I"ll add to @GranTurismo guy's list if I may:

-45 cars on track not 40...offline
-16 cars online..but you can fill up grids with AI
-Online Performance and Reputation tracking - tracks % of race completed, placements, poles, average qualifying and finishing positions, number of races with penalties and number of races you were disqualified in.
-Full day night cycle and weather on every track - real time weather on PC only:D
-Wet tracks include puddling, aquaplaning and realistic drying of the race line.
-Massive career mode. The Formula A (F1) series alone features 20 races up to 2 hours long with full practice and qualifying sessions for each event. Standing starts as per series regs.
-Rolling starts and standing starts online and in each offline series as per series regs.
-Tuning is limited to real world options only. No car upgrades, no silly tires etc.
-Era and car specific tires. A 60's F1 car will drive like a 60's F1 car, not a modern car with modern slicks
-Extensive damage model including to individual components like radiator punctures, flat tires, suspension damage from excessive curb usage etc.
-Many small details too numerous to mention. Example. Volumetric throttle simulation. At higher elevations cars will produce less hp. Turbos are less affected than naturally aspirated cars. Example. You can adjust radiator opening size, but risk overheating the engine to gain speed.
-Extremely complex and advanced tire model. Heat radiating from brakes is modeled for example. Tires gain and shed heat as real tires would. Smooth driving is rewarded. Racing series that provide tire blankets for pre-heating do so in game...etc. Flatspotting is in the tire model.
-Track grip changes when rubber is laid down during practice and race sessions.
-PCars has the official Indy 500 license and will contain the cars and all the liveries of the 2015 Indy car series in an Oval DLC pack after release.
-PCars has the official 24 hours of LeMans license.

And more...:D

Ouch! 45 car on track?! Can't imagine how the X1 is going to hold 30 fps, let alone 60 fps, with that count.

Real time weather on PC only? Wha? :nervous:

That's surprising... not even on PS4? Hey, do you honestly think DX12 will change things a bit for both consoles in terms of squeezing out more power?

I guess you are right but we just had the 900p blow (XBO here) and now this. Hopefully that is the last surprise I have.

900p, 1080p, even 720p.. there isn't a whole lot of difference between them. Even if your game is native 1080p, it ain't worth much without proper anti-aliasing and filtering. It's the detail and 'smoothing over' techniques that count way more than the actual resolution.

Yes, that 900p issue is disappointing. My xb1 cost me just as much as my ps4 and it's rather irritating it can't match it for performance.

What multi-plat games can you think of that perform better on the PS4? Games that you own.

I'm curious.

What? Your saying the X1 version WILL run at 30 fps, and even then its not steady? 900p doesn't bother me one bit, even if the game goes to 720p, I'm not bothered, as long as it makes good use of FSAA/MSAA or whatever, along with 60 fps. Anything under 60 fps does not work well IMO if you're trying to relay accurate physics on a TV screen.
He was talking about the Eurogamer article over a year ago. Here is another FAQ which covers the actual release specs.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/faq.html

Slightly Mad Studios
What resolutions and frame-rate will Project CARS run at?
  • Up to 12K resolution on PC (frame-rate dependent on PC hardware)
  • 1080p, 60 frames per second on PlayStation 4
  • 900p, 60 frames per second on Xbox One
I also found some fair and unbiased discussion around the subject on NeoGAF of all places here:

http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1028902

I must admit I hadn't been keeping up with the news and was sceptical about the game quality on Xbone until I saw this video:

Last edited:
He was talking about the Eurogamer article over a year ago. Here is another FAQ which covers the actual release specs.

I also found some fair and unbiased discussion around the subject on NeoGAF of all places here:

I must admit I hadn't been keeping up with the news and was sceptical about the game quality on Xbone until I saw this video:

I am EXCITED for this!

60 fps... YES!! :D

Though the video says 1080 HD; I thought the game was running at 900p..?

For a YouTube clip, I say it looks bloody fantastic. :drool:

Racing on The Ring while it rains?? Ohh, orgasmic!

Evening races on LeMans... don't have words to describe what this experience might be like. Hmm, me thinks FM5 will be ignored for a while once this is released.

Err... the cars do seem to spit really long flames.. :lol:

I am not trying to be negative. Its just getting harder for me to justify buying racing games when I already have a wide variety. So maybe you could give me a list of all the features, tracks, or cars in Project Cars that are NOT in the other 10-15 racing games I have. Honestly I would like to see what sets this game aside from the rest of the games. Again, this is not meant to be negative.

One aspect which the other dudes didnt mention yet is the track selection: They have some amazing tracks you dont see in other AAA racing titles everyday, like Watkins Glen, Sonoma, Donington, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park, Snettertton, Willow Springs (including Horse Thief Mile), the karting track at Spa Francorchamps, Zhuhai... And DLC will be even more spectacular including Macau and a bunch of historic tracks like Spa' 67, Solitude Rennstrecke, Monza with the Oval, Rouen etc.

@Speedster911: On Xbone, it will be 60fps/900p.

One aspect which the other dudes didnt mention yet is the track selection: They have some amazing tracks you dont see in other AAA racing titles everyday, like Watkins Glen, Sonoma, Donington, Oulton Park, Cadwell Park, Snettertton, Willow Springs (including Horse Thief Mile), the karting track at Spa Francorchamps, Zhuhai... And DLC will be even more spectacular including Macau and a bunch of historic tracks like Spa' 67, Solitude Rennstrecke, Monza with the Oval, Rouen etc.

Brno? Brno doesn't seem like a track that is in many games.

👍

Doesn't make a FAT difference. I'm happy it's going to be 60 fps.

I think we may have a Forza killer on our hands. Please oh please don't let it get delayed past May. :crazy:

I do not believe PCARS can top Forza in terms of engine sounds, but then again I could be wrong as I haven't played the game. The sounds could be hit and miss, as IS the case with some F5 cars. I've watched a tonne of vids on Youtoob and the cars don't sound right in replays. Also between shifts... where's that off-throttle raspiness?

Anyhow, I'm not passing judgement, until I play the game for myself. It could be a Forza killer for sure, but FM6 is arriving and it'll be VERY interesting to own both.

That's tough man. The X1's controller is very robust and comfortable. Plus you're going to love the rumble triggers for racing games. Get an X1 if you can. Good time to be a console sim lover!

Have you heard the Zonda sound in PCARS vs the real life one. It's very close. That said I agree with you that engine sounds in Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 are very good but as you put it. Some cars are hit and miss while others are excellent. I'm not expecting PCARS to be perfect but it will be far better than anything in GT6 at its worst. I too will be reserving judgement until I try PCARS for myself.

Also I can't wait for Forza 6. I have to say though that for consoles up until now T10 were leading the pack especially when you consider how many cars they have in their game. FM4 having over 500 cars. The fact that after you upgrade the car parts they simulate the upgraded parts sounds better than any other console game thus far. I'm pretty excited to see what T10 do with FM6 and even Forza Horizon 3.

I already have a XBone. I have been playing Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 for a while now. I am super impressed with the sounds. Just take the racing Aston Martin DB7 for a spin and the sound is so spot on it's scary real. Some cars do sound really impressive. Although there are the odd few cars in Forza 5 where the engines sound slightly like a muscle car engine when they aren't a V8 if you know what I mean. Please don't ask me for an example because I can't think of one off hand but I have noticed that.

Also there is nothing to compete with Forza 5 / even forza horizon 2 (horizon 2 only in terms of sound not physics and handling) in terms of the cars you can experience with that kind of realism to sound and handling. Then the detail T10 go to for car modding and upgrading. The fact that every single upgrade part tells you how much weight or BHP you add or remove. The types of tyres and wheel width and diameter is brilliant. Painting nearly every part of your car you can think of. No other game gives you everything you could want in one game.

Going off topic here again ...I but I'll just say this, there is two things that GT6 does that Forza 5 doesn't which is the ability to paint your brake calipers or add gauges. But really everything else in GT in terms of customization amount of parts you can choose from is always the same as old GT games, no variety and choice or as extensive a list as Forza with engine swap drivetrain swap aspiration change etc.. upgrading and painting has always been dull in GT6.

I hope FM6 takes it to a new level. Take a look at what the GTA as an arcade game is doing on old hardware and then the Crew. GTAV you can control your open top hood and put it up or down when its raining. You have all the side lights, headlights, fog lights yo can turn on and off. There is a horn too. Plus the car have bodykits and under car lighting. The need for speed series has probably been similar. Then we look at the crew and interior upgrades you can do to your car it's going pretty far for an arcade game.

People say these features don't belong in a simulation game but I disagree. A simulation game can still simulate the driving, suspension, handling and body mechanics of a car and still for fun add other effects in a game that are sometimes gimmicks. Its a given that horns might not be a gimmick or not and are useful in real racing or not. But GT6 simulates them. Just as it allows you to flash your lights. GTAV as an arcade game allows you to have low beam and full beam and turn them on whenever you want.

I would say Gran Turismo strives to be a "Real Driving simulator". Note it does not say "Real racing Simulator". So with that said why can't a simulation game add the real life gimmicks or controls that even GTAV allows. Especially since there is night time and rain driving in road cars. If things like under car lighting and electric hood, ability to switch lights from low beam and high beam and have them stay on instead of flash whenever you want. I'd love to see this in say Forza Horizon 3 as part of a more simcade open world game. If PD feel that adding these functions add to the experience of driving and are too arcady or gimmicky according to some people.

When all is said and done. There has never been a more exciting year for racing fans on consoles. I have a feeling we will see more racing simulations and maybe new racing sim dev companies maybe appear out of nowhere creating games for next gen consoles. It's just something I heard over the interweb. I don't know who these companies will be. Maybe WMD SMS were just one of them starting to do there own crowd funded community supported game. But who know's there could be others out there.

Last edited:
Can you really tell the difference? How does that 792p look like?
The fact that the xb1 under-performs compared to the ps4 is annoying enough regardless of if you can see the difference or not IMO simply because it costs the same.

I am about the cars, but I'm also about the motorsport which is lagging in Forza. I would LOVE to own a game with race cars, proper full-length races with p.stops, changing weather and day/night conditions. Bring it on.

"The most detailed physics on a console"... are you taking that stance based on actual track driving or comparisons with other console sims only?

No I was talking about Eurogamers Digital Foundry analysis of a pre-production build of PCars on PS4 and Xbox 2 weeks ago. The build was not optimized or was authorised by SMS for analysis but a mix up between Namco Bandai and Eurogamer meant that the review was posted on the web. Many people watched it, many people had a meltdown but as I said it was not ready for analysis. Eurogamer pulled the review and I think issued an apology after SMS got in touch with them.

My post about sub 30 drops were mainly to the people under the assumption that that was the final build.Here is said video.

Please remember this is pre-production, not meant to be reviewed as both versions are very much unoptimized old builds.

http://rutube.ru/video/13f8a5808879d340496859018f37673c/

No I was talking about Eurogamers Digital Foundry analysis of a pre-production build of PCars on PS4 and Xbox 2 weeks ago. The build was not optimized or was authorised by SMS for analysis but a mix up between Namco Bandai and Eurogamer meant that the review was posted on the web. Many people watched it, many people had a meltdown but as I said it was not ready for analysis. Eurogamer pulled the review and I think issued an apology after SMS got in touch with them.

My post about sub 30 drops were mainly to the people under the assumption that that was the final build.Here is said video.

Please remember this is pre-production, not meant to be reviewed as both versions are very much unoptimized old builds.

http://rutube.ru/video/13f8a5808879d340496859018f37673c/
That was very careless of bandai namco to hand over that build saying it was the gold version

Real time weather on PC only? Wha? :nervous:
IIRC, consoles don't allow for the external interface that would make that possible...or something like that.

The fact that after you upgrade the car parts they simulate the upgraded parts sounds better than any other console game thus far. I'm pretty excited to see what T10 do with FM6 and even Forza Horizon 3.

I already have a XBone. I have been playing Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 for a while now. I am super impressed with the sounds. Just take the racing Aston Martin DB7 for a spin and the sound is so spot on it's scary real. Some cars do sound really impressive. Although there are the odd few cars in Forza 5 where the engines sound slightly like a muscle car engine when they aren't a V8 if you know what I mean. Please don't ask me for an example because I can't think of one off hand but I have noticed that.

Also there is nothing to compete with Forza 5 / even forza horizon 2 (horizon 2 only in terms of sound not physics and handling) in terms of the cars you can experience with that kind of realism to sound and handling. Then the detail T10 go to for car modding and upgrading. The fact that every single upgrade part tells you how much weight or BHP you add or remove. The types of tyres and wheel width and diameter is brilliant. Painting nearly every part of your car you can think of. No other game gives you everything you could want in one game.
It's important to point out these distinctions between PCars and Forza games. PCars is not the be all/end all car game and doesn't have anywhere close to the features and content that Forza/Horizon does. It's a pure racing simulator with no bells and whistles. People who enjoy customizing and upgrading and creating their own rides are going to be disappointed. People who enjoy the game economy and working towards "building" their own stable of cars are going to be disappointed as well. If you like creating your own liveries...well you get the idea. There will also be some bugs in PCars that you might not find in a Forza. At the end of the day it's a small developer on a budget that's a fraction of that associated with a Forza/GT release.

IMO the two games compliment each other as opposed to compete. Same with GT and PCars although GT IMO is several years behind at this point. I can easily see Forza fans owning both games and enjoying the best aspects of both games.

Last edited:
Can you really tell the difference? How does that 792p look like?

You can tell the difference, it really annoys me when people say "You can't tell the difference!" No! maybe they can't tell but I certainly can! What they should say is they can't tell the difference. It actually annoys me a lot more than the actual difference does when people say this :lol:

That was very careless of bandai namco to hand over that build saying it was the gold version

I know.. Hopefully not much damage was done and the people who seen it and raged will return to see a much improved analysis video soon.

^^ I guess you can tell the difference if you're sitting 5 feet away from a 65" or larger screen.

BTW, I can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on my 40" screen, but I doubt if 900p vs 1080p will matter.

As time moves forward, I'm fairly sure games will look and feel equally good on both consoles.

The PS3 was noticeably more powerful, yet it offered no significant advantage in multi-plat games.

IIRC, consoles don't allow for the external interface that would make that possible...or something like that.

It's important to point out these distinctions between PCars and Forza games. PCars is not the be all/end all car game and doesn't have anywhere close to the features and content that Forza/Horizon does. It's a pure racing simulator with no bells and whistles. People who enjoy customizing and upgrading and creating their own rides are going to be disappointed. People who enjoy the game economy and working towards "building" their own stable of cars are going to be disappointed as well. If you like creating your own liveries...well you get the idea. There will also be some bugs in PCars that you might not find in a Forza. At the end of the day it's a small developer on a budget that's a fraction of that associated with a Forza/GT release.

IMO the two games compliment each other as opposed to compete. Same with GT and PCars although GT IMO is several years behind at this point. I can easily see Forza fans owning both games and enjoying the best aspects of both games.
I purchased GT and Forza titles, as well as many others because they were the best thing going on console at the time. With the arrival of PCars I can abandon the need for any of those games because PCars hits all the sweet spots with me that those others don't. To me it will be the definitive racing game with superior AI to those others, as well as large grids of AI competitors which is a huge drawcard for me. Horses for courses though.

I wondered off topic again and shouldn't have been comparing upgrades or customization of Forza to PCARS. I agree Johnny. I totally know PCARS is a different genre to fit the "Pure racing simulation" as you say with "no bells and whistles" if you like or in a totally new segment to Forza/Horizon and GT. What I was trying to compare only was sounds in all the games and physics really, that was all. I had a tendency to go off topic lol

When it comes to 1080P and 900P I'm not sure whether I can tell the difference obviously even though I own Xbox One with Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2. I'm not sure which of the the games I own on PS4 are 1080P and which are 900P. I own GTAV, Far Cry 4, Assasins Creed Black Flag, Assassins Creed Unity, Wachdogs, Sleeping Dogs, Evil Within, Last of Us. I have to say Last of us and GTAV I was very impressed with on PS4. None of the other were truly stunning. Although Assassins Creed Unity does well but is a tiny little bit cartoon ish like with over vibrant over rich saturated colours a bit like T10 do with their Forza games although environments in Unity looking better then Forza Horizon 2 by far.

The models in Forza look very accurate and if they are 900P or less then the modelling and amount of polygons and pixels is enough it can more than make up for the lower overall resolution. To me FOrza 5 resolution and graphics on the car models were pretty impressive. The environment not so impressive and all its flora and fauna. They could have made the tracks much higher resolution in Forza 5 or the environment for Forza Horizon 2 much more natural and impressive with a bit more detail but going back to Forza 5, - the tracks are not that much more impressive than tracks on GT6 on an old consoles. Some bits of Forza 5 tracks environments look better than GT6 being next gen but other elements look just as good or done better on the older PS3. This is purely down to PD's realism for and detail on their HD tracks. And I'm sure their tracks and environments especially on GT7 will look amazing considering what we are seeing on GT6 on a PS3.

Forza Horizon 2 certainly you see a massive drop in resolution and even more film like or cartoon style resolution and colours. And oversaturation which makes everything look un natural. There are things you can do to make the game look more natural to an extent but thats what I hate about T10. This attitude to be oversaturated or over cartoonish and filmic in their scenery and environments. Whether or not this contributes directly to the drop from 1080P to 900P or less I don't know. It's maybe why T10 made the game this way.

Then again T10 made Forza Motorsport 4 exactly with the same attitude to the flora and fauna, scenery and resolution and colours were too filmic and cartoon ish and un natural too on the Xbox 360. This is why I prefer the natural cleaner looking environments sometimes of GT6 and the cleaner more natural lighting. But for polygons and car modelling Forza is amazing in Forza Vista and still look impressive when you drive them on the track too.

And as I've already said colours on Forza do tend to be very rich and over vibrant. same with the environments which sadly are worse with worse lighting especially forza horizon 2. But sometimes its possible to get the photo and camera settings and the car in a part of scenery that looks ok.

Last edited:
Ok :)

-physics 500 times better than any other game ever on console (and better than every other PC sim too)

-The most detailed car models ever seen

-full 24 hour time progression and weather system on every track

-really really good engine sounds (better than everything else on console)

-40 car grids on consoles :eek:

-big big gt3 selection

-it's got 140mph karts. Enough said.

I really wouldn't bother waiting for reviews when so many people on this site that already play it share their opinions and experiences, the thing you can trust more than shoddy reviews.
So the Physics are better than any Sim as well? Enlighten me as to how you have come to that conclusion. Have you ever tried Assetto Corsa? Probably not, otherwise you wouldn't be spouting such rubbish.

Back