Forza 5 Vs Project CARS - Huayra @ Spa Francorchamps

• Thread starter digiprost
  • 92 comments
L O L

Ok :)

-physics 500 times better than any other game ever on console (and better than every other PC sim too)

-The most detailed car models ever seen

-full 24 hour time progression and weather system on every track

-really really good engine sounds (better than everything else on console)

-40 car grids on consoles :eek:

-big big gt3 selection

-it's got 140mph karts. Enough said.

I really wouldn't bother waiting for reviews when so many people on this site that already play it share their opinions and experiences, the thing you can trust more than shoddy reviews.

So the Physics are better than any Sim as well? Enlighten me as to how you have come to that conclusion. Have you ever tried Assetto Corsa? Probably not, otherwise you wouldn't be spouting such rubbish.

Here you go rooster I corrected his post for him.

To be be fair he did say and quote "-physics 500 times better than any other game ever on console" and "-really really good engine sounds (better than everything else on console)"

Clearly in his defence the most part of his post he is talking about console racing games. He overlooked the PC sims and made the mistake of mentioning that the console version is better. Clearly they are not. Now calm your farm, Settle Your Kettle Chill Your Pill Chill Your Grill Ease Your Cheese. Easy tigerrrr. :)

Last edited:
So the Physics are better than any Sim as well? Enlighten me as to how you have come to that conclusion. Have you ever tried Assetto Corsa? Probably not, otherwise you wouldn't be spouting such rubbish.

Allow me to squash this right here and now: do you see the similarities between what he said and what you said? It's called an opinion, and while you might very well find his to be of a ridiculous boasting caliber, the same could be applied to your opinion.

Such is the nature of an opinion, especially regarding something that isn't tangible or easy to quantify without using measurements most won't comprehend.

PCARS definitely gets closer than Forza 5 and GT6 by far. But then I compared PCARS to the real life Zonda by @GranTurismo guy and I noticed on the outside hood or roof view PCARS is very quiet. In real life its as loud as the rear camera near the exhaust. That's what I noticed PCARS get wrong it was quiet in that view. Overall the real thing is more pronounced with more authority. A bit louder and it sounds that bit more powerful. But then again its the real thing. I'm totally impressed at certain points throughout the video where it sounds extremely close to the real thing but short periods. But again it's extremely close and it's definitely the closest over any console or PC by far and its truly groundbreaking. Something for PD and T10 to think about in their future games.

Just one gripe, one question to @GranTurismo guy. The Pagan Cinque Roadster has 678 BHP and the Tricolore have slightly less at 670 BHP. They are probably the same engine with slightly different tuning. They both have the same Inconel/titanium exhaust system coated with ceramic. And so I would like to see the real life Cinque roadster vs the in game one instead of the Tricolore even if both cars sound are extremely similar. They might not there might be slight difference that maybe is or isn't noticeable. They are a different model after all. Please note I know I am just being meticulous now right down to the minuscule detail. But it wouldn't hurt to compare the correct model of the car to the in-game one.
Are you talking about Huayra or Zonda? Maybe you're confused.

IIRC, consoles don't allow for the external interface that would make that possible...or something like that.
I think you're confused mate, console versions do have real-time weather, but what you're talking about is probably real world synchronization, which means on consoles the game won't check weather reports and adjust weather accordingly. Not a big loss honestly.

I think you're confused mate, console versions do have real-time weather, but what you're talking about is probably real world synchronization, which means on consoles the game won't check weather reports and adjust weather accordingly. Not a big loss honestly.
Yes that's what I meant.

Here you go rooster I corrected his post for him.
No, you made it wrong, I was including Asetto Corsa. I believe the many people on here that tell me that PCARS surpasses it's physics and have backed this statement up more than sufficiently.

No, you made it wrong, I was including Asetto Corsa. I believe the many people on here that tell me that PCARS surpasses it's physics and have backed this statement up more than sufficiently.
Really, please share! I have been an avid reader of this forum and can't remember seeing any posts to back up your statement.

Checks thread title.....

....nope not a PCars vs AC thread.

Either start a thread to compare those two or leave it, if either of you turn this one into a PCars vs AC thread you will be getting a holiday.

Checks thread title.....

....nope not a PCars vs AC thread.

Either start a thread to compare those two or leave it, if either of you turn this one into a PCars vs AC thread you will be getting a holiday.
I'm not, just asking for evidence of his extravagant claims

Something to bear in mind with this comparison is that Project CARS is running on the PC here, it will be interesting to compare the console version.

Are you talking about Huayra or Zonda? Maybe you're confused.

Allow me to take us back on track with the subject matter of conjectures and correct some confusions along the way. :lol:

When I mentioned Forza 5 at the start of my statement I meant I think PCARS might get closer with some of its car sounds than Forza 5. This meaning other cars not the Zonda or Huayra. The PCARS Zonda Cinque vs the real life video Zonda Tricolore. I haven't heard all the cars from PCARS yet.

On Youtube there are various versions of PCARS posted video either on PC or various older builds of videos which none of them give us a clear final picture of the true final build release version of the game. There might be a couple of leak PS4 example demos out on the tube, are they of the final PS4 version game? Anyway I reserve judgement.

Last edited:
I do not believe PCARS can top Forza in terms of engine sounds, but then again I could be wrong as I haven't played the game. The sounds could be hit and miss, as IS the case with some F5 cars. I've watched a tonne of vids on Youtoob and the cars don't sound right in replays. Also between shifts... where's that off-throttle raspiness?

Anyhow, I'm not passing judgement, until I play the game for myself. It could be a Forza killer for sure, but FM6 is arriving and it'll be VERY interesting to own both.

That's tough man. The X1's controller is very robust and comfortable. Plus you're going to love the rumble triggers for racing games. Get an X1 if you can. Good time to be a console sim lover!

Sorry for the double post. Realized after posting last post I'd had another window open which I never followed through my last reply to Speedster. *cough* sorry *cough*

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with some cars especially the Zonda Cinque. It sounds tremendously like the real Tricolore video. You would have to reserve judgement as you say like I am and wait and test say a McClaren F1 that is in both games and test them only for sound and maybe driving physics.

But thats as far as comparison goes. I wouldn't say it's a Forza killer. It is in terms of being a pure racing simulation. But that depends on what you look for in the game. I will enjoy PCARS for the pure racing realism of stock road cars and race cars, and simulation. A game that will be dedicated to a real life racing career with all the right race regulations, rules, codes of conduct etc...

Both games are completely in different domains. They aren't even in the same genre. Because PCARS is serious and dedicated only with racing only it doesn't have Upgrade parts, customization and painting etc.. such as a rounded motorsports game like Forza or GT both have. But Forza I feel won't get the realism of a real racing career as PCARS. Its competing in a different space. I will love both Forza and PCARS for their completely separate aims and goals and what they both do best.

Yeah I can't wait for FM6 either. I think FM will only get better and better. And I hope they keep improving the driving physics because they can always improve it. I enjoy playing FM5 and FH2 on my Xbox One. And the controller like you say does feel more robust, more durable and better well built than my PS4 controller.

Sorry for the double post. Realized after posting last post I'd had another window open which I never followed through my last reply to Speedster. *cough* sorry *cough*

I think you will be pleasantly surprised with some cars especially the Zonda Cinque. It sounds tremendously like the real Tricolore video. You would have to reserve judgement as you say like I am and wait and test say a McClaren F1 that is in both games and test them only for sound and maybe driving physics.

But thats as far as comparison goes. I wouldn't say it's a Forza killer. It is in terms of being a pure racing simulation. But that depends on what you look for in the game. I will enjoy PCARS for the pure racing realism of stock road cars and race cars, and simulation. A game that will be dedicated to a real life racing career with all the right race regulations, rules, codes of conduct etc...

Both games are completely in different domains. They aren't even in the same genre. Because PCARS is serious and dedicated only with racing only it doesn't have Upgrade parts, customization and painting etc.. such as a rounded motorsports game like Forza or GT both have. But Forza I feel won't get the realism of a real racing career as PCARS. Its competing in a different space. I will love both Forza and PCARS for their completely separate aims and goals and what they both do best.

Yeah I can't wait for FM6 either. I think FM will only get better and better. And I hope they keep improving the driving physics because they can always improve it. I enjoy playing FM5 and FH2 on my Xbox One. And the controller like you say does feel more robust, more durable and better well built than my PS4 controller.
Funny you should mention the f1, that's gotta be one of the best for sound accuracy in PCARS

(Try and ignore the screaming :lol: she also swears, be warned)

Forza 5 sounds good too

Last edited:
Funny you should mention the f1, that's gotta be one of the best for sound accuracy in PCARS

(Try and ignore the screaming :lol: she also swears, be warned)

Forza 5 sounds good too

FM5 sounds the most accurate. PCARS sounds like 16-bit SNES/PS2 era sounds.

Just my opinion.

I'm going to love PCARS for the racing simulation/motorsport aspect.

And Forza 5/6/H2 for the car collecting and just driving around/hotlapping aspect.

You know, in all honesty, T10's capable of a heckuva lot more than meets the eye. I get the feeling (which I've had many times in the past :lol:) that they're deliberately holding back so that they can continue to profit off their games.

It's the oldest trick in the marketing textbook: leave out just enough stuff to keep em' begging for more. :lol:

Anyhoo, FM6 should be interesting to play, though F7 or 8 is probably where the game's going to hit some really sweet high notes. Assuming the X1 ages as gracefully as the X360 did.

Last edited:
Correct on both accounts. I suppose it's possible they aired it in limited release during races and not during normal broadcasting.
Just seeing it for the first time too!! :crazy::crazy::crazy: That last gas rev sent chills down my spine

Yes the sound from the Forza 5 Game is uncannily and frighteningly close to the real Audi R8 .
If I'm honest I don't think the sample used in fm5 is all that great, the one it uses for the Gallardo sounds much closer and I don't know why they're not using it.

^^ Granted, FM5 has a few audio inconsistencies here and there, but for the most part, I strongly believe it is the BEST sounding console driving game to date on current gen.

Well, one day to go... all that might change! :D

^^ Granted, FM5 has a few audio inconsistencies here and there, but for the most part, I strongly believe it is the BEST sounding console driving game to date on current gen.

Well, one day to go... all that might change! :D
I find that pcars and forza both have some inconsistencies, but overall they have excellent audio.

Back