Forza 6 vs GT 6 track list comparison.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 36 comments
New Zealand
New Zealand
MHFanatik
Disclaimer: no trolling is allowed. Let's keep this cool.
I'm only comparing real world tracks, no fantasy tracks. Here's a list of tracks from both games and which game includes it:
1. Ascari Race Resort(GT6)
2. Bathurst(Both)
3. Brands Hatch(Both)
4. Catalunya(FM6)
5. Daytona(Both)
6. Fuji Speedway(GT6)
7. Indianapolis(Both)
8. Laguna Seca(Both)
9. Le Mans(Both)
10. Lime Rock Park(FM6)
11. Long Beach(FM6)
12. Monaco(GT6)
13. Monza(Both)
14. Nurburgring(Both)
15. Red Bull Ring(GT6)
16. Road America(FM6)
17. Road Atlanta(FM6)
18. Sebring(FM6)
19. Silverstone(Both)
20. Spa(Both)
21. Suzuka(GT6)
22. Top Gear Test Track(FM6)
23. Tsukuba(GT6)
24. Twin Ring Motegi(GT6)
25. Watkins Glen(FM6)
26. Willow Springs(GT6)
27. Yas Marina(FM6)
28. Circuit of the Americas(FM6)
29. Sonoma Raceway(FM6)
30. Hockenheim(FM6)

Last edited:
I think this is going to be rough on Forza. GT6 has a lot of tracks and right now we only have the FM5 versions to compare with them. I also think a GT6/PCars comparison would be a more even match.

However, while we're here I prefer the Forza Bathurst trackside detail personally. I really wish Infineon would make a comeback as that was a nice fast track but still had a tricky pair of corners near the end.

I think this is going to be rough on Forza. GT6 has a lot of tracks and right now we only have the FM5 versions to compare with them. I also think a GT6/PCars comparison would be a more even match.

However, while we're here I prefer the Forza Bathurst trackside detail personally. I really wish Infineon would make a comeback as that was a nice fast track but still had a tricky pair of corners near the end.
How is this rough on Forza if it already has more real world tracks than GT6?

Unless the Forza 6 tracks are the same as the FM5 ones all we have to go on is speculation. But I forgot about the DLC tracks in Forza. GT's track count is greatly bolstered by the fantasy tracks.

Unless the Forza 6 tracks are the same as the FM5 ones all we have to go on is speculation. But I forgot about the DLC tracks in Forza. GT's track count is greatly bolstered by the fantasy tracks.
They've confirmed all tracks from FM5 are returning.

Yeah, not a bad idea, but might as well wait until all info about Forza 6 is known.
Thanks. Maybe after all the info is released you could also put the tracks in alphabetical order? You can do this very fast if using Excel.

Last edited:

I hate repeating myself, but I think it flat out sucks that Forza isn't giving us dynamic time and weather with the tracks. In my book, that puts Forza's tracks at a significant disadvantage to the ones in Gran Turismo.

I hate repeating myself, but I think it flat out sucks that Forza isn't giving us dynamic time and weather with the tracks. In my book, that puts Forza's tracks at a significant disadvantage to the ones in Gran Turismo.

Yeah? Well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I don't give a squat about weather and would only care for time change on a couple tracks. FM6 is ahead in my book.

I'll readily admit that for those that care about weather, GT's being variable is a massive, massive advantage. I do care about it somewhat, and I do find it frustrating that it's a slow-drip (ha) addition to the Forza series. The major issue I have with the on/off nature of it in FM6 is that T10 keeps going on about it changing the dynamic of a race, adding a whole new dimension. It doesn't, really: the puddles having depth is impressive, absolutely, but every single time I go to the track in inclement weather, it will be the exact same inclement weather. And it starts that way. And it ends that way.

It's good they're heading in the right direction, and I appreciate the desire to stick to 60fps, but I fully expect this narrow-focus weather feature to come in for some criticisms. I'm curious to see how it compares, from the simulation aspect, to GT though.

Anywho, about the tracks themselves: it's amazing how little I miss Fuji when playing Forza. I also don't miss Motegi at all. I liked it in GT4, but it's been completely overshadowed by so many other tracks. Willow Springs is brilliant for Photomode, but it's still not my favourite track to actually race on. I do miss Suzuka, about as much as I'm tired of Tsukuba (a lot). Of course, I'm not sold on all of Forza's tracks either; I've never seen what the big deal is with Sebring, from a layout perspective, and I'd be fine with never having to drive Long Beach again.

I love both Roads Atlanta and America, and Ascari is a lot of fun. It's handy I generally enjoy the tracks shared between the games, too. That said, they both need to hurry up and re-add Sonoma.

Totally agree on Long Beach (don't like it!) and Willow Springs, it is just great for the photo mode aspect, would love to see it in. I like the way Project cars handles weather to. Suzuka, back in please!

Totally agree on Long Beach (don't like it!) and Willow Springs, it is just great for the photo mode aspect, would love to see it in. I like the way Project cars handles weather to. Suzuka, back in please!
Long Beach is not fun with current drivatars. Hopefully the new professional toggle makes them better. That turn around the fountain is a disaster in FM5.

I'll readily admit that for those that care about weather, GT's being variable is a massive, massive advantage. I do care about it somewhat, and I do find it frustrating that it's a slow-drip (ha) addition to the Forza series. The major issue I have with the on/off nature of it in FM6 is that T10 keeps going on about it changing the dynamic of a race, adding a whole new dimension. It doesn't, really: the puddles having depth is impressive, absolutely, but every single time I go to the track in inclement weather, it will be the exact same inclement weather. And it starts that way. And it ends that way..

I actually thought T10 was going to deliver the first 100% complete racing "sim" game to the consoles with FM6. I thought surely FM5 was nothing more than a launch title and with FM6 they'll get everything right this time (which was exactly what I felt with GT6) but I alas, it wasn't to be.

You nailed it. Every time I go to play FM6, each track will be the same. No lighting change. No weather change. No variation.

Project Cars in my opinion has established the benchmark for a console for everything outside of car customization (there is that "BUT" again), and once someone includes everything under the sun, my rotation of buying a new game while I hope for the best will come to a merciful end.

I actually thought T10 was going to deliver the first 100% complete racing "sim" game to the consoles with FM6. I thought surely FM5 was nothing more than a launch title and with FM6 they'll get everything right this time (which was exactly what I felt with GT6) but I alas, it wasn't to be.

You nailed it. Every time I go to play FM6, each track will be the same. No lighting change. No weather change. No variation.

Project Cars in my opinion has established the benchmark for a console for everything outside of car customization (there is that "BUT" again), and once someone includes everything under the sun, my rotation of buying a new game while I hope for the best will come to a merciful end.
I know that every time I go to race in PCars I'm gonna get a game breaking bug, have AI ram me off the road or I'm gonna be left in the dust once it starts raining, because guess what, it doesn't affect AI's speed or traction. Not to mention the horrible floaty physics and wonky framerate. I'm sorry, but PCars is far from a benchmark any other dev should strive towards, if anything the game needed to be delayed for another year or two. I'll take pre-baked night and rain over a poor dynamic implementation that is done for marketing purposes rather than actual gameplay.

Project Cars in my opinion has established the benchmark for a console for everything outside of car customization (there is that "BUT" again), and once someone includes everything under the sun, my rotation of buying a new game while I hope for the best will come to a merciful end
That'd be a valid topic for discussion if pCARS worked properly. SMS has a way to go before that happens and I'm beginning to have my doubts as to whether they'll ever get there

That'd be a valid topic for discussion if pCARS worked properly. SMS has a way to go before that happens and I'm beginning to have my doubts as to whether they'll ever get there

They won't, because by the looks of it, Assetto Corsa may blow them out of the water when it hits the console market.

Back OT: I'd definitely say as far as we're talking real tracks, a FM6 with Monza and Suzuka would have a definite advantage. But GT6 has a lot of fictional tracks which may have been born as a way to avoid licensing some actual racing venues, but became iconic on their own merit (Midfield, anybody?), and PD's urban circuits are not only set in far more interesting locations, but they are also based on actual cities rather than Disneyworld-versions of Prague and (possibly) Rio.

Pretty sure you can find all the real landmarks in Forza as well.
I believe he's commenting on the creative license T10 take with the city tracks. GT and Forza both used real roads for NYC, for example, but you definitely won't find a real world equivalent of Rio, Prague, or the Alps.

I know that every time I go to race in PCars I'm gonna get a game breaking bug, have AI ram me off the road or I'm gonna be left in the dust once it starts raining, because guess what, it doesn't affect AI's speed or traction. Not to mention the horrible floaty physics and wonky framerate. I'm sorry, but PCars is far from a benchmark any other dev should strive towards, if anything the game needed to be delayed for another year or two. I'll take pre-baked night and rain over a poor dynamic implementation that is done for marketing purposes rather than actual gameplay.

I guess this is where you and differ. I mostly use these racing games to race the track and myself. I have yet to find AI that works well (on any game) and as result I mainly drive in a time attack fashion. I want competition? I go online. As far as bugs go, I came in late (after version 2.0) so I have yet to encounter bugs. I may not have played it as much as you, obviously.

Project Cars does a lot when it comes to car tuning and setting of the track dynamics that is head and shoulders over most when it comes to the modern console experience. I am going to struggle not being able to use the helmet cam that is found in PC.

I don't see PC having a "poor" implantation of dynamic time and weather at all because at least it's there. Funny how you attack PC for marketing when Turn 10 often is the "definitive" PR machine. Look! We have puddles!

Maybe I am not playing the game as you (and some others) but I have yet to come across some game breaking bug.

Pretty sure you can find all the real landmarks in Forza as well.

Exactly. You can find all the real landmarks, placed in a convenient location at the side of the track; wherein GT street circuits are based around actual roads that can be found on the real location.

Of course, I am not saying that the Forza urban tracks aren't fun, or that they don't look gorgeous; however, they lack the authenticity Gran Turismo street tracks, and that's a bit of a shame.

Anyways, Monza + Hockenheim + COTA + Sonoma in. I spy, with my little eye... Plenty of online WTCC action!

Exactly. You can find all the real landmarks, placed in a convenient location at the side of the track; wherein GT street circuits are based around actual roads that can be found on the real location.

Of course, I am not saying that the Forza urban tracks aren't fun, or that they don't look gorgeous; however, they lack the authenticity Gran Turismo street tracks, and that's a bit of a shame.

Anyways, Monza + Hockenheim + COTA + Sonoma in. I spy, with my little eye... Plenty of online WTCC action!
I don't know, I don't live in any of these locations so I don't really care as long as the track is fun. Like both GTs and Forza's fictional track.

I guess this is where you and differ. I mostly use these racing games to race the track and myself. I have yet to find AI that works well (on any game) and as result I mainly drive in a time attack fashion. I want competition? I go online. As far as bugs go, I came in late (after version 2.0) so I have yet to encounter bugs. I may not have played it as much as you, obviously.

Project Cars does a lot when it comes to car tuning and setting of the track dynamics that is head and shoulders over most when it comes to the modern console experience. I am going to struggle not being able to use the helmet cam that is found in PC.

I don't see PC having a "poor" implantation of dynamic time and weather at all because at least it's there. Funny how you attack PC for marketing when Turn 10 often is the "definitive" PR machine. Look! We have puddles!

Maybe I am not playing the game as you (and some others) but I have yet to come across some game breaking bug.
I've encountered my fair amount of bugs, and the framerate issues have been so bad that I haven't picked up the game in about 2 months. The game is fun when it works, but it's an inconsistent mess. That said, I haven't updated in some time, but either way I dont feel the pull to even turn the game on at the moment. I'm stuck at a race in career that I can't even make it around the first few turns, because the game flows in slow motion everytime I'm hard on the gas or hard on the brakes(literally slow motion, its like the speed was halved. It's not stuttering or skipping, just slow as hell.)

I agree with @SimTourist. I wouldn't exactly put them as the benchmark, especially if the features cause serious issues with framerates when introduced. Tuning on the other hand is top notch and I can agree with you on that aspect.

I've encountered my fair amount of bugs, and the framerate issues have been so bad that I haven't picked up the game in about 2 months. The game is fun when it works, but it's an inconsistent mess. That said, I haven't updated in some time, but either way I dont feel the pull to even turn the game on at the moment. I'm stuck at a race in career that I can't even make it around the first few turns, because the game flows in slow motion everytime I'm hard on the gas or hard on the brakes(literally slow motion, its like the speed was halved. It's not stuttering or skipping, just slow as hell.)

Again, I haven't played the game as much as some of you, and I avoided the day one buy as well, but I started at version 2.0 and to be completely honest, I have yet to encounter any problems.

Perhaps playing an updated version of the game is in order on your part :)

Again, I haven't played the game as much as some of you, and I avoided the day one buy as well, but I started at version 2.0 and to be completely honest, I have yet to encounter any problems.

Perhaps playing an updated version of the game is in order on your part :)
Probably would, but I have all but lost interest for the time being. Like I said, even though I know things have been updated I just don't feel the pull to get it going in any way whatsoever. The interest is gone.

Probably would, but I have all but lost interest for the time being. Like I said, even though I know things have been updated I just don't feel the pull to get it going in any way whatsoever. The interest is gone.
Same here. The ship has sailed. I tried to get back into the game, but I'm not feeling it, it's way too light on content and barebones when it comes to features. I've played maybe 15 hours but I already feel like I've seen everything in the game and aside from core racing there isn't many side activities to do, the photo mode and replays are horrible, timed events are badly organized and overall the game feels more like a beta than a final product.

Back