Forza 8 news got me nervous?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 296 comments
Being able to try out the new Forza Motorsport game does sound exciting, especially if it means helping out T10 to develop it. Hoping to hear more about it at E3, alongside the eventually-to-be-announced Forza Horizon 5! đź‘Ť

Being able to try out the new Forza Motorsport game does sound exciting, especially if it means helping out T10 to develop it. Hoping to hear more about it at E3, alongside the eventually-to-be-announced Forza Horizon 5! đź‘Ť
However it's likely there will be a media embargo (non-disclosure agreements) so that means if any of us here get to play the early prototype builds, we'll have to remain tight-lipped on it, like we can't share any videos or screenshots.

Last edited:
However it's likely there will be a media embargo (non-disclosure agreements) so that means if any of us here get to play the early prototype builds, we'll have to remain tight-lipped on it, like we can't share any videos or screenshots.
Ooooh is that soooo? :embarrassed: Though at the same time, that is going to be torture. :ouch: I totally forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder. ^^'đź‘Ť

Last edited:
Didn't expect much from the stream, so I'm not really disappointed. That early build however it's pretty good news, imo. I would be perfectly fine with a game that comes out like ACC or GTS did. Smaller content at the beginning with long lasting support. Anyway we have to wait for E3 for anything of substantial.

I've been leaning this way since the first reveal shown last year. There's no way they'll be carrying over all this XB1 content. Not only is it a mammoth task, but Esaki has talked a bit about car balancing, which doesn't happen with a gargantuan car roster. Wouldn't be surprised to see < 200 cars at launch, but I wouldn't care if the trade-off was worth it (more customization per car, better sounds for each car etc)

I'd be interested if they did:
FH = 100% Arcade
FM = 100% Simulator

That way it'd help keep the 'kids' in Horizon doing whatever it is they enjoy doing and leave the real(ish?) racing to the rest of us.

Jerome

I've been leaning this way since the first reveal shown last year. There's no way they'll be carrying over all this XB1 content. Not only is it a mammoth task, but Esaki has talked a bit about car balancing, which doesn't happen with a gargantuan car roster. Wouldn't be surprised to see < 200 cars at launch, but I wouldn't care if the trade-off was worth it (more customization per car, better sounds for each car etc)
That's about the competitive aspect to make sure every car can remain equally competitive on the lobbies, especially with certain restrictions, and hopefully a new Performance Points system to make sure there wouldn't be that one car that everyone uses to get a chance to win.

Having less cars at launch (especially less than Motorsport 7), like I said, would make this game just as terrible as Motorsport 5, so it's best to remain hopeful that everything from Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 will return alongside some new stuff and maybe returning content from the Xbox 360 era. It would be absolutely catastrophic to start from around 200 cars at launch as opposed to 1,000+.

If Chris Esaki would always say that this next Motorsport would "take everything that made Forza great", this would mean that one of which has to be the large and diverse amount of cars.

Last edited:
That's about the competitive aspect to make sure every car can remain equal on the lobbies, especially with restrictions, and hopefully a new Performance Points system to make sure there wouldn't be that one car that everyone uses to get a chance to win.

Having less cars at launch (especially less than Motorsport 7), like I said, would make this game just as terrible as Motorsport 5, so it's best to remain hopeful that everything from Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 will return. It would be absolutely catastrophic to start from around 200 cars at launch as opposed to 1,000+.

If Chris Esaki would always say that this next Motorsport would "take everything that made Forza great", one of which has to be the large and diverse amount of cars.

No, I completely disagree. Cars can be added piecemeal throughout the life of the game, as demonstrated throughout the life of all racing games since DLC became a thing.

What cannot be added throughout the life of the game are gameplay characteristics which make the game playable, accurate and fun. Aside from new racing mechanics (e.g. Eliminator in FH4) the game needs to be functionally-complete at launch, not content-complete. When you look at how disruptive the modelling changes were to Project Cars 2, you should see the point I'm making here.

Sure, everyone wants to be able to drive whatever car they want, and more cars gives a greater variety of racing options, but people adapt to the car list that's available. If the game is broken, it could have all the cars in the world, it would still be broken. 200 cars in a fun game is still a fun game, absolutely not a "catastrophe."

Cars can always be added to a working game. T10 MUST prioritise game functionality over car lists.

No, I completely disagree. Cars can be added piecemeal throughout the life of the game, as demonstrated throughout the life of all racing games since DLC became a thing.

What cannot be added throughout the life of the game are gameplay characteristics which make the game playable, accurate and fun. Aside from new racing mechanics (e.g. Eliminator in FH4) the game needs to be functionally-complete at launch, not content-complete. When you look at how disruptive the modelling changes were to Project Cars 2, you should see the point I'm making here.

Sure, everyone wants to be able to drive whatever car they want, and more cars gives a greater variety of racing options, but people adapt to the car list that's available. If the game is broken, it could have all the cars in the world, it would still be broken. 200 cars in a fun game is still a fun game, absolutely not a "catastrophe."

Cars can always be added to a working game. T10 MUST prioritise game functionality over car lists.
Look at GT Sport for example, being too focused with e-sports and barely having a functional single player mode, most notoriously the fact that you can't use all the cars in the game in the game's Arcade Mode as rental/courtesy cars, like in GT4, or more specifically, Forza's free play modes, and that the career/campaign was not very well thought out.

And yet it still has a very small car list (which grew to around 337-ish cars, which is still not very large, like roughly the same as Motorsport 5). And that you can only save online. Don't get me wrong, GT Sport is still an enjoyable game, but these are some of the imperfections I can list - a lack of content and gameplay mechanics which somehow needs to be addressed, eventually in GT7 - but that's already in the next game.

Motorsport 7, on the other hand, is also not perfect, despite the huge car list, there are still some cars that were missing (such as Toyota - due to licensing, some LMP900 cars, the GMC Syclone, Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren, 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged, to name a few), the menus were a bit laggy, the homologation mechanic doesn't make sense, and of course the online mode, where it is exactly racing in a zoo. Free Play mode, on the other hand, is where the game gets really fun, especially for those who don't touch the career mode that often.

For Forza, it's not the amount of cars that's plaguing the game, it's the fact that releasing a title every two years has begun to take a toll, where in the development side of things, they can't simply implement every feature/mechanic they want to, and repeating the same mistakes as Motorsport 5 (low amounts of content - such as a lessened car list from Motorsport 4) would be the last thing they want to repeat. And I highly doubt they will, because this new Motorsport is still built on the same engine for the Series X/PC and so is Horizon 4, so I don't think the assets are going anywhere.

Last edited:
Look at GT Sport for example, being too focused with e-sports and barely having a functional single player mode, most notoriously the fact that you can't use all the cars in the game in the game's Arcade Mode as rental/courtesy cars, like in GT4, or more specifically, Forza's free play modes, and that the career/campaign was not very well thought out.

And yet it still has a very small car list (which grew to around 337-ish cars, which is still not very large, like roughly the same as Motorsport 5). And that you can only save online. Don't get me wrong, GT Sport is still an enjoyable game, but these are some of the imperfections I can list - a lack of content and gameplay mechanics which somehow needs to be addressed.

Motorsport 7, on the other hand, is also not perfect, despite the huge car list, there are still some cars that were missing (such as Toyota - due to licensing, some LMP900 cars, the GMC Syclone, Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren, 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged, to name a few), the menus were a bit laggy, the homologation mechanic doesn't make sense, and of course the online mode, where it is exactly racing in a zoo. Free Play mode, on the other hand, is where the game gets really fun, especially for those who don't touch the career mode that often.

For Forza, it's not the amount of cars that's plaguing the game, it's the fact that releasing a title every two years has begun to take a toll, where in the development side of things, they can't simply implement every feature/mechanic they want to, and repeating the same mistakes as Motorsport 5 (low amounts of content - such as a lessened car list from Motorsport 4) would be the last thing they want to repeat. And I highly doubt they will, because this new Motorsport is still built on the same engine for the Series X/PC and so is Horizon 4, so I don't think the assets are going anywhere.

I have to say, even though I’d personally much rather the time and resources go into other areas of the game, I respect this guy’s lifelong obsession with the Forza car count so much haha

FH = 100% Arcade
FM = 100% Simulator

That way it'd help keep the 'kids' in Horizon doing whatever it is they enjoy doing and leave the real(ish?) racing to the rest of us.
I never believed that making a game harder to control can lead to a better racing experience. In fact I had a better racing experience with Project Cars 3 than Project Cars 2. In PC2 it's way easier to miss your braking point or losing grip when exiting a corner. Sure making a game hard to control will inevitably turn away a lot of players, but I'm not sure you will end up with a better player base.

What would certainly help to make a 'mature' player base is making a subscription and pay for everything system like iRacing is doing. But I highly doubt anyone like that system.

I believe a good ranking and penalty system is a much better option to make for a better racing experience.

And I'm also pretty sure making FH more arcady won't help either. The strongest part of the Horizon series was always the physics. In fact you will have difficulty find any post anywhere on the internet where people complain about physics and probably not a single one where people say more arcady is ok.

There could always be a happy medium with the car roster. While i agree i would hate for them to bottom out the roster like what they did for FM5 with 200 cars...or less. But at the same time i think it would require a lot of work for them to include all cars from FM7 and FH4. I could see them trimming some fat while adding some new cars to the new game while still keeping a robust launch car count, somewhere in the realm of 550-600 cars.

I have to say, even though I’d personally much rather the time and resources go into other areas of the game, I respect this guy’s lifelong obsession with the Forza car count so much haha
I mean, I too wouldn't want Forza to lose all the cars they included over the years. FM5, for example, was a total joke of a game compared to FM4 back in 2013. And the only reason for that was due to T10 having a two year schedule which really hindered the overall experience of Forza onward. FM6 almost brought the franchise back on track, until FM7 happened which is more of a XB1X showcase if anything...

If I remember correctly. What made FM4 so famous was not just the content, but also gameplay and features. T10 managed to balance all three which made it so dang great! The car list was always an option throughtout the franchise like GT, which allowed players to either collect all cars, or a selected few. The game overall was at its best based on its balance.

FM7 however, chose content over gameplay and features because T10 were either getting cocky or greedy. It prioritized cars over everything else because T10 wanted to mimic pokemon...

The same thing happened with GT6 as well: chosing content over gameplay and features players loved in the past. Now we have GTS which is in the right direction. But it had to make a lot of sacrifices to MAKE that direction, such as eliminating single player because PD were too focused on esports which really bit them in the ass for it. Same with content.

Now both companies are trying to get back to focusing on what matters most: Quality. However, what I fear most is T10 following GTS's roots, and I expressed this many times in the past. What I want most from T10 is remembering what made the franchise good in the first place, same with PD for GT7. The car lists have become one of favorites in forza. But if it means T10 is going to bring back the goodness that is Forza's past (from FM1 to FM4), than I'm willing to cut down the car list to about, 500. :sly:

Content shouldn’t have to be cut too much, they’ve mentioned since they started laser scanning cars and tracks that that helps future proof them, which avoids the FM5 issues where they had to redo things from scratch.

At the same time, they need to trim some fat off of the car list, or give them things to do. No reason for off-road vehicles in FM if they don’t have a dirt track to race on.

FH = 100% Arcade
FM = 100% Simulator

Jerome

I've been calling for this kind of split for some time, especially since Motorsport right now is effectively just Horizon on real circuits. Uneccessary fat needs to be cut from the car list and the long standing gameplay issues need to be addressed to bring Motorsport up to a simulation level at least nipping on the heels of pCARS 2 rather than the likes of ACC.

The competition from other games like pCARS 2 and AC/ACC have been able to do so much more with the game with much less cars than FM7.

I've been calling for this kind of split for some time, especially since Motorsport right now is effectively just Horizon on real circuits. Uneccessary fat needs to be cut from the car list and the long standing gameplay issues need to be addressed to bring Motorsport up to a simulation level at least nipping on the heels of pCARS 2 rather than the likes of ACC.

The competition from other games like pCARS 2 and AC/ACC have been able to do so much more with the game with much less cars than FM7.

There’s a HUGE PC2-shaped hole in the market right now too, the time is right!

I never believed that making a game harder to control can lead to a better racing experience. In fact I had a better racing experience with Project Cars 3 than Project Cars 2. In PC2 it's way easier to miss your braking point or losing grip when exiting a corner. Sure making a game hard to control will inevitably turn away a lot of players, but I'm not sure you will end up with a better player base.

Not necessarily "harder" but having deeper physics that punish mistakes and/or reward skillful driving can definitely make the racing better/more engaging, as mistakes help facilitate overtakes and can keep the ebb and flow of a race interesting, as well as upping the reward for perfect execution. Obviously there is a line though, too difficult leaves everyone tip-toeing around or crashing and spread out, and too easy means only pace has any value as consistency is easy.

When it is too "easy" races everyone just runs at 10/10ths and once someone makes a single mistake, they are basically out of the race as they can't make up time since there is no extra pace in reserve. It can work for short races, but it tends to suck for longer races.

It's kind of a problem Forza has right now, as the game is pretty forgiving and races are definitely leaned heavily towards pace and aggression as there is a reduced need for risk management and basically no concern for overheating tires or burning too much fuel or other things like that... and the racing definitely suffers because of it.

But it had to make a lot of sacrifices to MAKE that direction, such as eliminating single player because PD were too focused on esports which really bit them in the ass for it.

Genuinely asking here and not trying to be combative/sarcastic or something, how exactly has it bit them in the ass? I'm not totally in the loop as I don't have a PS4 so I can't play GTS, so I don't follow super closely with things other than watching some of the FIA streams and a few YouTubers, and occasionally checking into general discussions just to see what is going on... But I see people around here saying that they "ruined the series" and "made a huge mistake" and "tarnished their legacy" and etc, but most of it seems to be justified by "some of us don't like multiplayer you know!" rather than anything objective about the progression of the series or its contributions to the general racing genre.

As far as I've seen it sold relatively well, and I haven't directly compared numbers, but from what I've seen it seems like the FIA stuff and Toyota partnerships have been pretty successful as far as e-sports are concerned... Certainly more viewers than any other e-sports series I've watched. Elsewhere I've seen mostly praise for the title outside of the normal complaints about sounds, somewhat "rigid" handling feel, and of course some of the ridiculous penalties and a few other little things. Some of the praise is done begrudgingly by people with no interest in online racing though.

What I want most from T10 is remembering what made the franchise good in the first place, same with PD for GT7.

The issue with this is that due to Forza's general take on things and attempts to appeal to everyone, what made the series "good" to each person is pretty different, and they have fallen behind in basically every category.

Since it has all fallen behind and the community is so fractured into sub-sections, it's pretty hard to imagine them generally improving the game in every area enough to satisfy everyone, so focusing on a few things might be in their best interest if they are going for quality... but good luck getting the community to agree on which few things deserve the most focus.

Last edited:
Not necessarily "harder" but having deeper physics that punish mistakes and/or reward skillful driving can definitely make the racing better/more engaging, as mistakes help facilitate overtakes and can keep the ebb and flow of a race interesting, as well as upping the reward for perfect execution. Obviously there is a line though, too difficult leaves everyone tip-toeing around or crashing and spread out, and too easy means only pace has any value as consistency is easy.

When it is too "easy" races everyone just runs at 10/10ths and once someone makes a single mistake, they are basically out of the race as they can't make up time since there is no extra pace in reserve. It can work for short races, but it tends to suck for longer races.

It's kind of a problem Forza has right now, as the game is pretty forgiving and races are definitely leaned heavily towards pace and aggression as there is a reduced need for risk management and basically no concern for overheating tires or burning too much fuel or other things like that... and the racing definitely suffers because of it.
I don't know but you probably tried it. When they introduce Leagues in FM7 you started in Grassroot and climb your way towards the Pinnacle. Racing in Grassroot was your tipical FM online experience with crashes everywhere. A big mess. After a few weeks, when all the different ranks finally stabilized the racing improved.... a lot. In fact it became my only way to enjoy online in FM7.
And you know what. Since we were ranked and matched based on pure skills you ended with a balanced player base when a single mistake could ruin the race. But that also meant that we mostly raced in packs. And for me at least, racing in packs is the best racing experience.
Now if you add a good penalty system to a good matchmaking you can only improve on that same experience.
When PC3 came out 90% of players came from PC2 I believe. Not really a pure sim community but kind of sim-ish. And it was pretty obvious that was the case because how players behave in race. But since the game is easier to play there are far less mistakes and again players race in packs. You can still push it harder, risking to ruin the race.
I am pretty convinced that sim racers make players race better. I just don't believe that making games harder to control, what essentially 100% sims are, is the right solution for a good racing experience.
I'm more convinced that is more of the sim mentality not accepting/enjoying anything that is not pure sim. Like those Dark Souls players that trash anything that is not a Dark Souls game.
I want Motorsport to improve on physics. Actually it's my top wish. At the same time I want it to be controller friendly and open for masses, so everybody can enjoy this game. I was a kid to and racing games were my favorite since the very beginning.

Genuinely asking here and not trying to be combative/sarcastic or something, how exactly has it bit them in the ass?
No worries man. This impression is more so based on my impression of the direction PD had taken with GTS. It was mostly criticized for removing things like single player which is what most of us were into, but the rushed job PD had shown in regards to that really left everybody sour (myself included). Maybe a bit in the ass was somewhat of a strong word, but with GT7 being more true to the traditional roots of the franchise (or planning to), that's where that comment came in.

I'm not totally in the loop as I don't have a PS4 so I can't play GTS, so I don't follow super closely with things other than watching some of the FIA streams and a few YouTubers, and occasionally checking into general discussions just to see what is going on... But I see people around here saying that they "ruined the series" and "made a huge mistake" and "tarnished their legacy" and etc, but most of it seems to be justified by "some of us don't like multiplayer you know!" rather than anything objective about the progression of the series or its contributions to the general racing genre.
I'm more so trying to express how I don't like the direction GTS had taken and hope Forza doesn't follow it in its footsteps in terms of prioritizing online racing/esports. It can have those things yes, but for me, not as a main thing since some of us isn't into that.

The issue with this is that due to Forza's general take on things and attempts to appeal to everyone, what made the series "good" to each person is pretty different, and they have fallen behind in basically every category.
I mean...I want to agree with you. But I'm always hearing how FM4 is this "spectacular" game T10 has ever created, yet I'm always left wondering "why though?" By the sound of things, this new FM sounds to be more hardcore than even FM4 at this point.

Since it has all fallen behind and the community is so fractured into sub-sections, it's pretty hard to imagine them generally improving the game in every area enough to satisfy everyone, so focusing on a few things might be in their best interest if they are going for quality... but good luck getting the community to agree on which few things deserve the most focus.
That last part I can agree with. Outside of this site, the fanbase is all over the place. I agree FM and FH should be there own identities. However, FM should not be as hardcore as say ACC or iRacing. After all, it's still GT's rival.

I don't know but you probably tried it. When they introduce Leagues in FM7 you started in Grassroot and climb your way towards the Pinnacle. Racing in Grassroot was your tipical FM online experience with crashes everywhere. A big mess. After a few weeks, when all the different ranks finally stabilized the racing improved.... a lot. In fact it became my only way to enjoy online in FM7.
And you know what. Since we were ranked and matched based on pure skills you ended with a balanced player base when a single mistake could ruin the race. But that also meant that we mostly raced in packs. And for me at least, racing in packs is the best racing experience.
Now if you add a good penalty system to a good matchmaking you can only improve on that same experience.
When PC3 came out 90% of players came from PC2 I believe. Not really a pure sim community but kind of sim-ish. And it was pretty obvious that was the case because how players behave in race. But since the game is easier to play there are far less mistakes and again players race in packs. You can still push it harder, risking to ruin the race.
I am pretty convinced that sim racers make players race better. I just don't believe that making games harder to control, what essentially 100% sims are, is the right solution for a good racing experience.
I'm more convinced that is more of the sim mentality not accepting/enjoying anything that is not pure sim. Like those Dark Souls players that trash anything that is not a Dark Souls game.
I want Motorsport to improve on physics. Actually it's my top wish. At the same time I want it to be controller friendly and open for masses, so everybody can enjoy this game. I was a kid to and racing games were my favorite since the very beginning.

I've been running in organized series in Forza since FM1, so a lot of my experience is with private groups that are magnitudes better than what you will find in the hoppers for the most part (in terms of racing quality, not necessarily pace), and it does paint the racing in a bit different light.

Most of us in the organized series hunger for a bit more depth to the racing/driving as it would liven up our races and make things a little less predictable, as sometimes qualifying times really reveal how the race is going to string out. On the other side, particularly in the context of hoppers and racing with randoms, then the shallower experience might be a bit better suited.

I totally agree that a compromise is best, and I think there is a gap in the market for that now for the series to become a little more motorsport oriented without going fully down the sim route.

I don't think that there are actually that many in the community wishing for the title to go down the full sim route, but rather just bring some more depth by adding things like tire compounds and controllable pit stops and so on, which a game can certainly implement successfully without being a full sim, as GTS has shown us.

I mean...I want to agree with you. But I'm always hearing how FM4 is this "spectacular" game T10 has ever created, yet I'm always left wondering "why though?" By the sound of things, this new FM sounds to be more hardcore than even FM4 at this point.

I think a lot of the FM4 praise is either rose-tinted glasses or just speaking within the context of the time it was released. It put the Forza series as the clear leader back then, but as with many sim-ish games it hasn't aged so well.

We need to wait and see how "hardcore" this one turns out, as we have been fed lines from them before and not seen much out of it. Some of the stuff they are suggesting they implement isn't really positive when looked at from all angles, and others have some mystery to them.

For example, they talk about tracks rubbering in... Tracks rubber in over the course of a weekend, with practice and qualifying sessions for multiple series, but without that how is it going to work? Races in Forza single player/hoppers are all like 6-8mins long anyways, so it's going to have to be an accelerated process, which could very well make it feel very artificial and gimmicky.

That last part I can agree with. Outside of this site, the fanbase is all over the place. I agree FM and FH should be there own identities. However, FM should not be as hardcore as say ACC or iRacing. After all, it's still GT's rival.

Fully agree. A blend of sim features applied through a flexible set of options and lobby controls that allow everyone to race however they like, put onto a very playable "simcade" physics set is a pretty perfect blend.

GTS is a really good target for them, features-wise. The tire compounds, drafting, fuel strategy, and all the options to fine-tune those things allow for great flexibility to appeal to all levels of player, and gives plenty of depth for players to sort of "move up" in as they play the game. Forza as it sits now has a hard ceiling, leaving many players feeling like they have to move on. I can't count the number of people I have raced with over the years that felt like they capped out in Forza (in terms of depth, not necessarily pace) and moved on completely from the Xbox to the PC sim world because they felt like, other than raw speed, they really had nothing else to advance in Forza.

Focusing on those features would also benefit both single player and multiplayer races as well, so it benefits everyone instead of focusing on either career stuff or e-sports stuff.

I remember a post on the official forum, A letter to T10, a few years back. The OP pretty much listed what I believe most fans wish for. For T10 to focus more on the Motorsport. And I really hope someone from T10 read that post and implement some (I hope most) of those ideas into the next installment.

I agree about the first few FM titles. I had that feeling of real motorsport. Even listening to the in-game music, as I drove, was cool.

Haven't played the latest game in a while. Just seemed like collecting Matchbox cars with no purpose. Just collect them and they sit there. So many cars and that's nice to see groups of cars for everyone, but no type of motorsport fun. That's what FH is for.

Seems as though some people were able to get the playtest, hopefully there's no media embargo and that they can share some information (e.g. new cars) very soon.
I didn't even know they've given out codes to the members of the panel already, but that's fine. đź‘Ť

They confirmed more codes will be handed out during the playtest's progression, so fingers crossed those of us who are part of the panel will get selected.

Last edited:
I didn't even know they've given out codes to the members of the panel already, but that's fine. đź‘Ť

They confirmed more codes will be handed out during the playtest's progression, so fingers crossed those of us who are part of the penal will get selected.

Part of the penal? :lol:

Yeah, we're definitely not getting any info out of this play test. Sharing any new cars or any other info is a good way to be removed & possibly have further punishment brought forth. This game has been really tight-lipped for the last year, so any sort of leak will get picked up quick.

For me, Forza feels like a series that has a lot of room to change and improve without going all the way in any one direction.

I'd like the physics, track feedback etc to be much better, but it doesn't need to be exactly the same as ACC/iRacing. I'd like online competition to be better organised and taken more seriously, but it doesn't need to be GT Sport. I'd like it to play much better on a wheel, but again, it doesn't have to go full 100% simulation.

I think essentially what I'm looking for is for a mainstream racing game to hit a nice middle ground between lots of different things, in a "premium" package in terms of visuals and presentation. I thought Forza 7 was just "OK", and there are lots of other racing games that have made moves since that T10 can learn from and adapt. At the moment it feels like we're missing a proper "middle ground" game in the racing scene - which I guess would have been Project Cars 2 previously. Forza seems the best bet to fill that void.

So MS Flight Simulator using ForzaTech was true after all. But this is on a whole other level! :eek:

"Then, we had the great support of Turn 10 during all the years of development of the simulator to learn all the physics, photo-realism, density and base structure of the FTech Engine, which in the version we used, was slightly modified to support the large load of data. "

“In short, the visual rendering is calculated on the player’s Windows 10, but all the 3D Textures and Data used come from the FTech Engine in a mix with Azure.”

I can only imagine Forza Motorsport now. It's going to blow many people's minds! We don't know if FH5 is using this tech too, since it hasn't been confirmed it will be cross gen. But if so...

Back