Forza 8 news got me nervous?

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 296 comments
Speaking of soundtracks, I just don't get GT's infatuation with classical music. I love classical music but I simply don't associate it with motorsports (I did love The Cardigans My Favorite Game, though.) FM7's soundtrack was borderline atrocious and I wish they return at least to the previous musical direction. PC2, in my opinion has the best instrumental song (Eau Rouge) for a car game, ever.

That aside, my dream is that they could get Hans Zimmer and produce something like the Rush soundtrack!
They should just partner with Spotify or something.

We need some 80s and 90s metal in the game; Horizon 4's new poppy stuff is pretty terrible and you have to hear it every time you go do a race or finish a race. We need some music that makes you want to drive fast. Radar Love, Fuel, Renegade, and so on. Or here is an idea; allow us to make our own game soundtrack using something like Spotify. Where we can replace the music used in game with our own.

Last edited:
I don't understand fussing over the soundtrack, and I'm not sure I can think of something less important to how good a racing game turns out. Given all the ways the series has fallen behind and grown stale, the soundtrack should be the least of their concerns with FM8.

Music is so subjective that they will never be able to please the majority of the audience, and probably well over half of the people who play the game beyond a casual level will turn it off anyways. In my opinion their time, effort, and licensing dollars (and our HDD space) would all be better spent on things related to actually racing.
Speaking of soundtracks, I just don't get GT's infatuation with classical music. I love classical music but I simply don't associate it with motorsports
I don't really associate classical music with actual racing on track, but I feel like it's a good fit for the menus. I always found it felt sorta "right" for browsing though the manufacturer showrooms and deciding which series to enter.

Last edited:
I love classical music but I simply don't associate it with motorsports (I did love The Cardigans My Favorite Game, though.)
Tom Cruise What GIF

IMO, the original Forza Motorsport still has the best OST of the franchise. Everything that Junkie XL put together really gave the game its own flavor, and I especially love the instrumental loops for the career mode menus. Take a listen for yourself:

FM2 just used licensed music for the menus (which was fine, and their choices were decent), but all of the original music from FM3-FM6 kinda blends together for me; it wasn't bad by any means, it was just...there. I think Turn 10 might've been trying to revive the sound of the original game with FM7's OST to switch things up, but they missed the mark.

Chris Esaki provided an update focusing on multiplayer in Forza Monthly today:
  • A new mode featuring open practice, qualifying, and feature race
  • A system that aims to help players understand how to gain quicker times in sectors is in the works, including tips on how to take certain types of corners more quickly
  • There was an endurance event in the last playtest which allowed players to join/leave practice at any time until qualifying/feature race
  • Another update “in the next few months”

Chris Esaki provided an update focusing on multiplayer in Forza Monthly today:
  • A new mode featuring open practice, qualifying, and feature race
  • A system that aims to help players understand how to gain quicker times in sectors is in the works, including tips on how to take certain types of corners more quickly
  • There was an endurance event in the last playtest which allowed players to join/leave practice at any time until qualifying/feature race
  • Another update “in the next few months”
Yes I know they're "no longer supported" but tbh I'd be quite happy if they got their existing FM games to work... FM5 server(s) have been down all weekend and I dont seem to be able to download liveries in FM6 either.

FM7 has never worked with Forza Hub either but I know that's being discontinued. Because it's become "unbalanced" apparently. Not because it doesn't bloody work then.

Is it just me, or are others having the same server issues?

I'm hoping they remove the homologation for the single player races that were in FM7. I don't want to do races with exactly the same car as the AI, I want to be told what model to use and what class it should be and then it's up to me to decide what upgrades to prioritise in order to get to that class. Then it's on me to see if my upgrades are good enough.

I wonder what Forza Motorsports will have to do to become relevant again, seeing that FH is now (deservedly) the golden child, the torchbearer, the flagship, numero 1, etc.
Though there are many room of improvements for FM... I think players just prefer open-world, which is probably aren't the developers' fault. Previously, games like GT and Forza had huge number of cars and other contents but doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone (despite GT's success) as it's track racing semi-sim, while open-world games have miniscule in comparison. Horizon shows what happens if both are combined, semi-sim level of contents in open-world (and being more realistic to other game in that genre as well with Motorsport heritage), which means unmatchable success.

Last edited:
From the sounds of things I'd wager Horizon is going to carry the casual gamer torch and the Motorsport series is going to take a hard, hard turn towards being all about the serious racing stuff. Obviously, there's a market there. But who knows, really, i sure don't. Been wrong before, will be wrong again, many, many times before I kick it I'm sure.

From the sounds of things I'd wager Horizon is going to carry the casual gamer torch and the Motorsport series is going to take a hard, hard turn towards being all about the serious racing stuff. Obviously, there's a market there. But who knows, really, i sure don't. Been wrong before, will be wrong again, many, many times before I kick it I'm sure.
I hope this is the direction they are going. I am sick and tired of all the corner cutters/extenders in the lobbies these days. Any track that allows a cut/extension then i guarantee half the lobby will abuse it. For me, they are worse than the rammers. At least the rammers tend to be near the back so as long as you can negotiate turn 1 without getting punted they are no longer a problem. Corner cutters are different, some of them are half decent at the game but still feel the need to cut/extend any corner that allows it. Nothing worse for me than being overtaken by someone who deliberately cuts/extends.

Luckily FH5 physics are going to be more on the simulation side (on the tarmac) thankfully. I don"t think it will be a drastic physics change but I hope the arcade game people appreciate it and see the fun in reality. The lego destruction and driving supercars with 1 inch of ground clearance off-road is still in.
I hope your right about FM8 and it leans further towards simulation.

Luckily FH5 physics are going to be more on the simulation side (on the tarmac) thankfully. I don"t think it will be a drastic physics change but I hope the arcade game people appreciate it and see the fun in reality. The lego destruction and driving supercars with 1 inch of ground clearance off-road is still in.
I hope your right about FM8 and it leans further towards simulation.
I've seen no where say that the physics have changed towards simulation in regard to the spectrum. If you think its going to be resembling reality any more than what it has been, than you're going to be in for a rude awakening.

I've seen no where say that the physics have changed towards simulation in regard to the spectrum. If you think its going to be resembling reality any more than what it has been, than you're going to be in for a rude awakening.
It was an early access YT opinion. Hopefully he's right.

I wonder what Forza Motorsports will have to do to become relevant again, seeing that FH is now (deservedly) the golden child, the torchbearer, the flagship, numero 1, etc.
Stop trying to please everyone and make it focused on online racing similar to GTS. Along with a good career to back it up, unlike GTS. Better physics too obviously.

However this series is so far gone that I don’t believe it will ever return to the glory days like it was on Xbox 360. FM was easily the better series compared to GT5/6 back then imho.

Last edited:
Biggest trouble with FM is it trying to be all things to all people, in the process it's turned into a schizophrenic mess nobody is truly happy with.

It was an early access YT opinion. Hopefully he's right.
He's not. I'm sure there's been improvements, yet that doesn't mean its heading in the sim direction at all. They are popular because they aren't a sim.

Stop trying to please everyone and make it focused on online racing similar to GTS. Along with a good career to back it up, unlike GTS. Better physics too obviously.

However this series is so far gone that I don’t believe it will ever return to the glory days like it was on Xbox 360. FM was easily the better series compared to GT5/6 back then imho.
That'd mean not only focusing on online if you talk about good career (with GT7 combining it with other aspects), unless you're refering to online career. Chris Esaki in Forza Monthly does talk about the new Motorsport primarily revamping online though.

I thought the newer FM was also based on the FM games on Xbox 360 ones?

If the next FM had the best parts of PC2, FM6, and GRID (for ambiance, their tracks are full of color and life; after all, car racing events are traveling festivals), with rewarding solo and MP paths... I would be happy.

That'd mean not only focusing on online if you talk about good career (with GT7 combining it with other aspects), unless you're refering to online career. Chris Esaki in Forza Monthly does talk about the new Motorsport primarily revamping online though.

I thought the newer FM was also based on the FM games on Xbox 360 ones?
I think he's aware of that. I mean, he literally said exactly that, to focus on both those fronts.

If the next FM had the best parts of PC2, FM6, and GRID (for ambiance, their tracks are full of color and life; after all, car racing events are traveling festivals), with rewarding solo and MP paths... I would be happy.
For me

PC2 career structure
F1 AI
GTS multiplayer (matchmaking AND a list of private lobbies)
FM4 clubs, storefront and auction house

Last edited:
So, Chris Esaki was interviewed today and talked about the suspension model and how accurate they want it all to be under the hood, but accessible to everyone... but all I got from this is that the game will launch in early 2023... maybe. :boggled:

I don't understand fussing over the soundtrack, and I'm not sure I can think of something less important to how good a racing game turns out. Given all the ways the series has fallen behind and grown stale, the soundtrack should be the least of their concerns with FM8.

Music is so subjective that they will never be able to please the majority of the audience, and probably well over half of the people who play the game beyond a casual level will turn it off anyways. In my opinion their time, effort, and licensing dollars (and our HDD space) would all be better spent on things related to actually racing.

I don't really associate classical music with actual racing on track, but I feel like it's a good fit for the menus. I always found it felt sorta "right" for browsing though the manufacturer showrooms and deciding which series to enter.
Agreed, the only music I use in racing game are made by engines, tyres and other cars relate stuff, first thing I do is turning music off.

I dont even need all that stuff, fix the physic a bit, make a ffb that works correctly and make a racing game, you know where you can practice/qualify/race in each event and for some events, you group them together to make a championship. I dont feel like it's that hard, FM already have good tracks and cars selection, it just need to be a racing game and not some sort of mash up to accomodate the most (they shouldnt need that, since they already have FH).

Last edited:
I dont even need all that stuff, fix the physic a bit, make a ffb that works correctly and make a racing game, you know where you can practice/qualify/race in each event and for some events, you group them together to make a championship. I dont feel like it's that hard, FM already have good tracks and cars selection, it just need to be a racing game and not some sort of mash up to accomodate the most (they shouldnt need that, since they already have FH).
Those things you're saying you don't need will only make it better for you, so I don't see why it should just be ignored outright. It will, in absolutely no way, detract from what you're looking for. Those games mentioned about combining the best of them, has nothing to do with FH and is in no way pointing in that direction.

So, Chris Esaki was interviewed today and talked about the suspension model and how accurate they want it all to be under the hood, but accessible to everyone... but all I got from this is that the game will launch in early 2023... maybe. :boggled:
Well that's good, I might be able to get a Series X by then.

Please, stop reinventing the wheel. All I ask (and many other players I guess) : a great game with realistic/believable physics and an effective penalty system. I'm afraid they try to do too much.

Back