Forza Horizon 2 Is Free In August For XBL Gold Subscribers

Guys if you don’t own this yet then absolutely grab it, it’s an amazing game even 4 years after its release.

* Of all FH games (including FH4) it has the most complete car brand list. Porsche (via payed DLC), RUF, Volkswagen, Toyota and Lexus are ALL included.

* In opinion it has the best map of the first 3 FH games: Southern Europe looks gorgeous and it’s the only FH game to have 5 cities (of which Nice is the big city).

* FH2 in my opinion has the best handling model of the first 3 games. Cars feel more weighted and realistic than in FH3.

* Storm Island is the best expansion for the game adding a new zone. The Porsche expansion does not add a new zone but introduces this brand to the game with its own set of achievements and bucket list items.

* It’s free anyway! It’s great fun and it adds up to your Forza loyalty rank as well.

Last edited:
I hate this game soo much, i can't even describe it. This game is the reasons i had 6 re-exams in my first year as a graphic designer :irked: jk :lol:.
I played over 200h and couldn't lay it down. It was the firs next gen open world Forza. It looked and played great, and the car list was really good as @breyzipp pointed.

I love the map, especially the long tunnels, but the physics on a wheel is really off, and it doesn't have many settings to correct it. Fh1 has better physics IMO.

Very good title otherwise. Have all 3 on my system

I love the map, especially the long tunnels, but the physics on a wheel is really off, and it doesn't have many settings to correct it. Fh1 has better physics IMO.

Very good title otherwise. Have all 3 on my system
To be honest, I felt that there was progression in the 2nd's physics. Maybe it was wheel implementation rather than the actual physics.

It's not often that I have Games With Gold titles already loaded into my library, but when I do I'm happy it's Forza Horizon 2. Such a stellar game that was WELL worth the money. For those who will be adding this to their inventory at no charge: what a treat. Enjoy!

Do you guys think there might be a slight chance that FH2 will get an Xbox One X Enhanced patch to accompany the free Games with Gold release?

It is currently the lowest resolution FH out there since FH3 and FH1 got their 4K resolution patches earlier this year.

I have no clue how much work it is for the devs but it sure would be neat!

How unlucky can you get :banghead: I bought the full game just last month to increase my Forza rank in preparation for FH4 :D And I have to agree that the handling model feels much much better then FH3.

do we have any idea if this includes any dlc or just the base game?
Base game + 10th Anniversary Car Pack.

However the ultimate add-one Pack (which includes ALL FH2 DLC) is currently on sale for £14.70

Decided to revisit this game and it is still very pretty 4 years on!
250.jpg

Stratos.jpg

Also worth noting this is the only game in the Horizon series which hasn't received an X enhancement patch (yet).

Also worth noting this is the only game in the Horizon series which hasn't received an X enhancement patch (yet).

I wonder why that is. It's weird they would do 1 and 3 but skip over 2. Hopefully it is in the works? Now would seem a fitting time to roll it out... Ah well, I hope to pick this up tonight. :cheers:

Downloaded FH2 last night - I couldn't wait to get home from work! I'm not even close to done with FH3 having only played for a month, but with the deal going on I had to get right to it! Initial impressions are stunning location, graphics are still great given the game's age, although a resolution/anti-aliasing boost would be nice (jaggies).

There were some rough spots (low res bird shadows moving at 5 FPS?) and the roads seem even wider than in FH3 (didn't think that was possible ;)). The handling feels a bit different, as I heard others mention, but I'm not sure yet how it's changed and if I like it better or less, or if it's so subtle that it's not really that much of a change at all.

The menus have a less refined feel to them - especially the wheel spins - but everything is functional if just a little less polished. Graphical effects feel the same way. Overall though, this seems like an absolute no brainier for the low, low price of free, and I'm loving exploring the French countryside! Bring on more Horizon!! :bowdown: :D :cool: :cheers:

Last edited:
Just got it and what a great game, i was always a Gran Turismo fan until my PS3 packed up back in 2016, then went back to sin racing on PC, then i tried Forza Horizon 3 and i've been playing that for the past 12 months, now Horizon 2's on Gold for free, i thought i'd give it a look at, wo, wish i'd had played it sooner, Stunning map, stunning car list, love the music, love the Story line theme.

Here is a couple of my fave shots from the last couple days of playing.
a8c7d52d-b384-4490-ab73-b1b24c9ac7df.jpg
3ee32f24-9885-4a56-8351-5141a2376553.jpg

do we have any idea if this includes any dlc or just the base game?

Inculed the Team Forza Car Pack and it's the 10th anniversary edition.

Rather annoyingly the servers seem to be down for the most part with it being impossible to download any liveries or layer groups, despite multiplayer being fully functional

The most annoying part of this though is the pre-order DLC (RS4 Avant, Gallardo SL, M6 GC & California) thinking it hasn’t been purchased rendering those cars unusable at seemingly random times.

Rather annoyingly the servers seem to be down for the most part with it being impossible to download any liveries or layer groups, despite multiplayer being fully functional

The most annoying part of this though is the pre-order DLC (RS4 Avant, Gallardo SL, M6 GC & California) thinking it hasn’t been purchased rendering those cars unusable at seemingly random times.

This seems something to do with the XBL give away as I started playing FH2 last month and all the liveries were available but stopped working on 1 Aug. Hopefully they will fix it soon, it's annoying me too.

I had a quick go as well this week (already brought it 2 years ago) nice to get back in to it. It is a shame there is no 4K update yet, the Xbox One X does still capture photos in 4K but as said above it would be very welcome for an update before FH4 arrives.

I took these few on the X along with one from FH1 (the lighting shows how far FM7/FH3 have come on in the past 2-5 years)

FH1 (4K)
28911092277_1a9ec0b04e_o.jpg

FH2 (4K upscaled by Xbox One X)
43798911562_44c31ac01c_o.jpg

28911092507_02dacf0616_o.jpg

I had a quick go as well this week (already brought it 2 years ago) nice to get back in to it. It is a shame there is no 4K update yet, the Xbox One X does still capture photos in 4K but as said above it would be very welcome for an update before FH4 arrives.

I took these few on the X along with one from FH1 (the lighting shows how far FM7/FH3 have come on in the past 2-5 years)

FH1 (4K)
28911092277_1a9ec0b04e_o.jpg

FH2 (4K upscaled by Xbox One X)
43798911562_44c31ac01c_o.jpg

28911092507_02dacf0616_o.jpg
Those shots look amazing mate :)
FH1 looks like FH2 with the upscale!
I recently upgraded to an X & like I said just started FH2, although I seem to be stuck on Storm Island, I'm loving it, seems like I've got a lot to look forward to :)

Forza Horizon 2 Complete Add-Ons Collection now US$23.40 down from $116.99

Absolutely worth every penny (the discounted price) for people that don't have it yet. But it probably doesn't include those 2 Porsches that were given away for free shortly after the Porsche expansion? I know there were time-limited back then.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_two_free_porsches

I'm really curious if they are in if you get the complete add-ons collection, could anyone check? Quote from that T10 article:

The Porsche Bonus Pack will ONLY be available until Friday, July 24; afterwards it will be gone for good. So do yourself a favor and download Forza Hub and grab your free Porsches before it’s too late!

I honestly hope for new players they are added though. There is nothing more annoying as having a "complete" edition not being complete.

I got all FH2 cars from back in the days (except the pre-order variants and some promotion cars which are just livery copies of existing cars anyway), even bought the 10th Anniversary pack for FH2 after FM6 was already out just to keep my garage collection complete. Some history lesson about that 10th Anniversary car pack for those that weren't here back then. There was a community uproar that the 10th Anniversary pack was only available for FH2 when you bought the game new as part of a bundle. After the uproar T10/PG made the pack available for purchase which was a bit insulting to existing players and first row fans IMO. They should have just given it for free. Initially the cars in the pack could not be painted but that was changed later on. The pack (either partially or full - I don't remember) was also available in FM6.

I had a bit of time to experiment with the Photo mode on FH2, and this is still without a 4K patch and it holds its own against the new Forza games. I feel the cars were already made 4K back then as the models and textures of the lights, paints and overall finish exceeds FH3 and some FH7 car models (see below). Some even look photo realistic when stopped especially at night or rain. (I seem to always be unlucky and always driving at night or the rain in FH2!)

With the dynamic weather and larger maps/ tracks they had to down grade some cars in FH3/FM7 compared to FH2 below.??
05-08-2018_19-03-54.jpg
07-08-2018_14-31-11.jpg
06-08-2018_11-00-33.jpg

The one thing that stands out are the proper reflective chrome exhaust systems and tail pipes which tend to get down graded to matt silver on most games.

Last edited:
I second that. Some of the cars still look better in the old titles IMO. Take FM5 for example and compare the following cars with FM7 or FH3:

- Toyota Trueno Apex (metallic part on bumpers is removed)
- Abarth Fiat 131 (rims black instead of chrome)
- Of course things like the SS badges removed from Chevrolet cars but we know that was at the request of the car manufacturer.

There are car models which look better in earlier instalments of the Horizon/Motorsport series, especially during gameplay where lower resolution models are used to improve frame rate and overall performance. I can live with the trade off seeing as the next Horizon features dynamic weather, 60fps mode and further lighting improvements.

In an ideal world, it would be nice to see visual enhancements without car models taking a hit. Not that it much of an issue to me, but I guess that is one reason to look forward to the next-generation of consoles! :)

I second that. Some of the cars still look better in the old titles IMO. Take FM5 for example and compare the following cars with FM7 or FH3:

- Toyota Trueno Apex (metallic part on bumpers is removed)
- Abarth Fiat 131 (rims black instead of chrome)
- Of course things like the SS badges removed from Chevrolet cars but we know that was at the request of the car manufacturer.

As @FT-1 says they have to compromise quality over quantity somewhere. Personally, I would prefer to have fewer cars than 450-750, lose the 100s of driver suits (FM7) but better quality details of scenery and close up car detail. But understand why they have gone for big car numbers, dynamic weather and full 60FPS. 👍

I also understand they have to keep the 2 versions (Xbox one & 4K X) the same as they agreed too which may limit any differences as well.

Attachments

• 08-08-2018_09-16-26.png
    08-08-2018_09-16-26.png
    146.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 08-08-2018_08-16-07.png
    08-08-2018_08-16-07.png
    148.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back