Forza Horizon 4 - Colour Creation Database (CONSTANT WORK IN PROGRESS) *READ FIRST POST*

• Thread starter Mitcho2001
  • 4,341 comments

McLaren Cerberus Pearl: Which Version Should be Added to the Spreadsheet?

• JaCor653: Base - 0.72 L, 0.71 L, 0.97 R/Highlight - 0.11 L, 1.00 R, 0.96 R (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Mitcho2001: Base - 0.63 R, 0.65 L, 0.98 R/Highlight - 0.08 R, 1.00 R, 0.99 L (Two-Tone Polished)

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Since you guys are doing GT colors, how about doing Furai colors?

Gran Turismo Black
Gran Turismo Blue Metallic
Gran Turismo Champagne Gold
Gran Turismo Green Metallic
Gran Turismo Gun Metal Gray
Gran Turismo Red
Gran Turismo Red Metallic
Gran Turismo Silver
Gran Turismo White
Gran Turismo White Pearl
Gran Turismo Yellow

I don't have reference pics, but you can look them up in GT5/6.

Since you guys are doing GT colors, how about doing Furai colors?

Gran Turismo Black
Gran Turismo Blue Metallic
Gran Turismo Champagne Gold
Gran Turismo Green Metallic
Gran Turismo Gun Metal Gray
Gran Turismo Red
Gran Turismo Red Metallic
Gran Turismo Silver
Gran Turismo White
Gran Turismo White Pearl
Gran Turismo Yellow

I don't have reference pics, but you can look them up in GT5/6.

I had plans to do those eventually. I'll do them. I might have to set up my PS3 again to get reference images.

@JaCor653 The only Black Sapphire that was on the chart for BMW was for the Vision Gran Turismo version and it was a normal paint job, there wasn’t a metal flake version on the chart at all so I did it. I didn’t see Fern Green on the chart either so I did that as well. The BMW colors I was doing were ones that had ‘two-tone polished’ as the paint because, as we know, that’s not accurate at all, or I did ones that I didn’t see on the chart or ones that had the same values for base and flake that @Mitcho2001 did. However, I promise, when I did those two I didn’t see either of them on the chart other than Black Sapphire and that one was a Normal paint when the default version is a metal flake paint job.

Edit: So I just looked again and the Black Sapphire that was already on the chart was a normal (gloss) one that says in the notes it’s for the 2014 BMW Vision Gran Turismo, and that’s the only one I seen on the chart when I did the metal flake version.

Last edited:
@JaCor653 The only Black Sapphire that was on the chart for BMW was for the Vision Gran Turismo version and it was a normal paint job, there wasn’t a metal flake version on the chart at all so I did it. I didn’t see Fern Green on the chart either so I did that as well. The BMW colors I was doing were ones that had ‘two-tone polished’ as the paint because, as we know, that’s not accurate at all, or I did ones that I didn’t see on the chart or ones that had the same values for base and flake that @Mitcho2001 did. However, I promise, when I did those two I didn’t see either of them on the chart other than Black Sapphire and that one was a Normal paint when the default version is a metal flake paint job.

Edit: So I just looked again and the Black Sapphire that was already on the chart was a normal (gloss) one that says in the notes it’s for the 2014 BMW Vision Gran Turismo, and that’s the only one I seen on the chart when I did the metal flake version.

I'm going through and adding my colors from earlier this morning, and I notice that there are other colors of mine that I forgot to add to the public spreadsheet. Should I add my versions of Black Sapphire Metallic and Fern Green Metallic to the public spreadsheet?

I'm going through and adding my colors from earlier this morning, and I notice that there are other colors of mine that I forgot to add to the public spreadsheet. Should I add my versions of Black Sapphire Metallic and Fern Green Metallic to the public spreadsheet?
I honestly don’t even know because I really like how mine both turned out :( I’m using both in game as well :( I’ll tell you what, don’t delete mine but add yours to the chart as well and just put your name in the notes and people can decide whose version they want to use. I spent a lot of time doing all of that stuff and I know you do, too, but I genuinely and honestly didn’t see either on the chart and they weren’t there so that’s why I did them.

I honestly don’t even know because I really like how mine both turned out :( I’m using both in game as well :( I’ll tell you what, don’t delete mine but add yours to the chart as well and just put your name in the notes and people can decide whose version they want to use. I spent a lot of time doing all of that stuff and I know you do, too, but I genuinely and honestly didn’t see either on the chart and they weren’t there so that’s why I did them.

I'll do that.

Great :) It’s good being diplomatic :) I figured we both worked hard on both of our versions, and since I didn’t see yours but you already did them as well, both of ours should be on there. I don’t know why yours never got put on the chart before :/

I probably just forgot to add them. I can't imagine why, but I must have. That's the only explanation I can think of.

I probably just forgot to add them. I can't imagine why, but I must have. That's the only explanation I can think of.
It happens to the best of us lol There have been quite a few times where my colors weren’t added to the chart for one reason or another, but they got added in eventually after the oversight was corrected :)

Centenary Silver (Aston Martin)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.58R, 0.07R, 0.57L
- Flake Color: 0.59R, 0.08L, 0.83L

2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Centenary Edition

444be38c-6a3a-4308-8e7d-d180f869c264.jpg

Bronzite Beige (BMW)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.09R, 0.19L, 0.63L
- Flake Color: 0.09R, 0.11R, 0.82L

57351321-d167-4a39-aeb6-b1afe8ca28e1.jpg

Fathom Green Metallic (Chevrolet)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.46L, 0.46R, 0.22L
- Flake Color: 0.44R, 0.29R, 0.55L

Chevrolet's Fathom Green was called Verde Green by Buick and General Motors, Glade Green by Oldsmobile, and Midnight Green by Pontiac.

8f3ab3d2-1aa6-4d2b-bb10-fde0e2a6595e.jpg

Cashmere (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.12R, 0.06R, 0.62L
- Flake Color: 0.17L, 0.04L, 0.85R

2020 Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé

33ca9806-bfae-4b51-b68e-5b12f261987b.jpg

Indigo (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.66L, 0.44R, 0.21R
- Flake Color: 0.63L, 0.55L, 0.50R

2ebeba23-4dc7-4059-b7b1-c0e94f84333e.jpg

Italian Racing Red (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.99L, 1.00R, 0.95L

ac8b99d6-a81d-4b62-a095-01da1018a751.jpg

Liquid Silver (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.54R, 0.07R, 0.63L
- Flake Color: 0.58R, 0.05L, 0.88R

656e8fd2-878c-4dd3-a120-7fec1b94e43e.jpg

Lunar Grey (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.19R, 0.05R, 0.36L
- Flake Color: 0.56L, 0.03R, 0.74R

97d96928-b1ef-481f-a443-03b209472cf6.jpg

Polaris White (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.44L, 0.01R, 0.94R

7137bbfe-103f-4085-935a-599a20eeb35d.jpg

Rhodium Silver (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.12L, 0.06L, 0.47R
- Flake Color: 0.53R, 0.08L, 0.77L

f0c1863a-513c-41c4-984f-520ae62baf3f.jpg

Satellite Grey (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.62R, 0.24R, 0.53L
- Flake Color: 0.56R, 0.20L, 0.68L

ff7f92c8-ad2a-41f1-afeb-1838403ca177.jpg

Sherwood Green (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.41L, 0.25R, 0.41R

0a19aa11-7242-4d1b-88ec-67edd9575c0d.jpg

Stratus Grey (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.67L, 0.03L, 0.27R
- Flake Color: 0.64L, 0.11L, 0.66R

f8e0fa04-1c66-4542-9950-20f18847d89a.jpg

Ultimate Black (Jaguar)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.00L, 0.00L, 0.04R
- Flake Color: 0.61R, 0.08L, 0.15L

99175d59-6149-4350-979a-32658861f2ee.jpg

Swedish Snow White Pearl (Koenigsegg)

Paint Material:
Metal Flake
- Base Color: 0.00L, 0.05L, 1.00R
- Flake Color: 0.59R, 0.06R, 0.99L

7e9a2435-55e9-4ed0-a82d-077f7f4bf84e.jpg

@JaCor653 Did you delete my version of Black Amethyst Metallic (Jaguar) from the chart? I did it way back on April 9th as well as other Jaguar colors :( I knew it looked familiar because I had already done that color previously. If so, I’ll just add mine to the chart as well and put my name on it since I did do it previously.

@JaCor653 Did you delete my version of Black Amethyst Metallic (Jaguar) from the chart? I did it way back on April 9th as well as other Jaguar colors :( I knew it looked familiar because I had already done that color previously. If so, I’ll just add mine to the chart as well and put my name on it since I did do it previously.

I believe so. It didn't have your signature LRL LRL pattern, so I didn't think it was, but I guess it is. Go ahead and put your version up next to mine.

I believe so. It didn't have your signature LRL LRL pattern, so I didn't think it was, but I guess it is. Go ahead and put your version up next to mine.
Already done :) I think whoever added mine to the chart before didn't add my usual pattern lol An honest mistake :)

Just found this thread and spreadsheet, I've been painting in FH3/4 for some time now and thought I'd throw some paint jobs into the mix.

(Photo Mode set to default settings.)

Fairway Green (Chevrolet)

Paint Material:
Two-Tone Polished
Base Color: 0.44L, 0.53R, 0.52R
Highlight: 0.41R, 0.44L, 0.32R

fairway.png

Montecarlo Blue (Alfa Romeo)

Paint Material:
Two-Tone Polished
Base Color: 0.56R, 1.00R, 0.68R
Highlight: 0.61R, 0.59L, 0.41L

Quad.png

Titan Gold (Vauxhall)

Paint Material:
Two-Tone Polished
Base Color: 0.08L, 0.93R, 0.88R
Highlight: 0.08L, 0.88L, 1.00R

titan.png

Also thought I'd toss in my version of Millennium Jade, even though it's already on the spreadsheet. I've had it on my R34 Nur replica for quite some time now.

Millennium Jade Metallic (Nissan)

Paint Material: Two-Tone Polished
Base Color: 0.19L, 0.16L, 0.40R
Highlight: 0.22R, 0.09R, 0.65L

Jade.png

Thanks for putting this spreadsheet/post together guys, I was really hoping that this project was still going on!

Attachments

• Quad.png
    Quad.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 11
I have some Jaguar colors to share today and a Land Rover color :) Enjoy :)

Black Cherry Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.61 L, 0.50 R, 0.02 L
- Flake: 0.00 L, 0.68 R, 0.24 L

Jaguar Black Cherry Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Black Cherry Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Black Cherry Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Black Cherry Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Black Cherry Metallic 5.jpg.png

Blue Prism Pearl (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.57 L, 0.98 R, 0.25 L
- Flake: 0.47 L, 0.90 R, 0.48 L

Jaguar Blue Prism Pearl.jpg.png

Jaguar Blue Prism Pearl 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Blue Prism Pearl 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Blue Prism Pearl 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Blue Prism Pearl 5.jpg.png

Botanical Green Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type: Metal Flake
- Base: 0.57 L, 0.50 R, 0.07 L
- Flake: 0.53 L, 0.70 R, 0.48 L

Jaguar Botanical Green Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Botanical Green Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Botanical Green Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Botanical Green Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Botanical Green Metallic 5.jpg.png

Caviar Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.00 L, 0.50 R, 0.08 L
- Flake: 0.95 L, 0.57 R, 0.40 L

Jaguar Caviar Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Caviar Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Caviar Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Caviar Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Caviar Metallic 5.jpg.png

Crystal Blue Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type: Metal Flake
- Base: 0.55 L, 0.25 R, 0.42 L
- Flake: 0.00 L, 0.00 R, 0.96 L

Jaguar Crystal Blue Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Crystal Blue Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Crystal Blue Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Crystal Blue Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Crystal Blue Metallic 5.jpg.png

Emerald Fire Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.53 L, 0.93 R, 0.11 L
- Flake: 0.41 L, 0.83 R, 0.49 L

Jaguar Emerald Fire Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Emerald Fire Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Emerald Fire Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Emerald Fire Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Emerald Fire Metallic 5.jpg.png

French Racing Blue (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Normal (Gloss)
- Paint Color: 0.56 L, 1.00 R, 0.65 L

Jaguar French Racing Blue.jpg.png

Jaguar French Racing Blue 2.jpg.png

Jaguar French Racing Blue 3.jpg.png

Jaguar French Racing Blue 4.jpg.png

Gunmetal Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.66 L, 0.13 R, 0.15 L
- Flake: 0.05 L, 0.17 R, 0.75 L

Jaguar Gunmetal Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Gunmetal Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Gunmetal Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Gunmetal Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Gunmetal Metallic 5.jpg.png

Kyanite Blue Pearl (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.58 L, 1.00 R, 0.16 L
- Flake: 0.55 L, 0.87 R, 0.80 L

Jaguar Kyanite Blue Pearl.jpg.png

Jaguar Kyanite Blue Pearl 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Kyanite Blue Pearl 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Kyanite Blue Pearl 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Kyanite Blue Pearl 5.jpg.png

Persian Red Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.98 L, 0.75 R, 0.16 L
- Flake: 0.96 L, 0.74 R, 0.58 L

Jaguar Persian Red Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Persian Red Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Persian Red Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Persian Red Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Persian Red Metallic 5.jpg.png

Seafrost Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.45 L, 0.10 R, 0.46 L
- Flake: 0.33 L, 0.00 R, 0.97 L

Jaguar Seafrost Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Seafrost Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Seafrost Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Seafrost Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Seafrost Metallic 5.jpg.png

Vapour Grey Metallic (Jaguar)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.09 L, 0.13 R, 0.22 L
- Flake: 0.11 L, 0.05 R, 0.93 L

Jaguar Vapour Grey Metallic.jpg.png

Jaguar Vapour Grey Metallic 2.jpg.png

Jaguar Vapour Grey Metallic 3.jpg.png

Jaguar Vapour Grey Metallic 4.jpg.png

Jaguar Vapour Grey Metallic 5.jpg.png

Colima Lime Metallic (Land Rover)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.17 L, 0.33 R, 0.44 L
- Flake: 0.15 L, 0.07 R, 0.98 L

Land Rover Colima Lime Metallic.jpg.png

Land Rover Colima Lime Metallic 2.jpg.png

Land Rover Colima Lime Metallic 3.jpg.png

Land Rover Colima Lime Metallic 4.jpg.png

Land Rover Colima Lime Metallic 5.jpg.png

@AmbientNoise You're talented, however, I will say that in reality all of those paint jobs you did are all metal flake. Two-tone polished paint jobs are for paints that are chameleon colors/color-changing like what TVR does or various other special paint jobs like that. 99% of the OEM paint jobs are either metal flake or gloss :) If a paint has the word 'metallic' 'pearl' 'mica' etc. in the name, 9 times out of 10 it's going to be a metal flake job.

@AmbientNoise You're talented, however, I will say that in reality all of those paint jobs you did are all metal flake. Two-tone polished paint jobs are for paints that are chameleon colors/color-changing like what TVR does or various other special paint jobs like that. 99% of the OEM paint jobs are either metal flake or gloss :) If a paint has the word 'metallic' 'pearl' 'mica' etc. in the name, 9 times out of 10 it's going to be a metal flake job.
Really, I never knew about that bit. It always bothered me how the flakes show up so easily in Forza but not in a lot of photos I find online. Good to know, I'll go back and edit my paints then. Thankfully it looks like they convert from one to the other rather painlessly...

Really, I never knew about that bit. It always bothered me how the flakes show up so easily in Forza but not in a lot of photos I find online. Good to know, I'll go back and edit my paints then. Thankfully it looks like they convert from one to the other rather painlessly...
Well, if you look closely at cars in real life you'll see the metal flakes, and the more and more you do this the more you start noticing it in real life :) I find myself noticing the metal flakes in paints all the time when I'm out and about. If you want to accurately replicate any of the things I've mentioned (metallic, mica, pearl, etc.) use the metal flake option on here :)

Alright, first updated paint color!

Montecarlo Blue Metallic (Alfa Romeo)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.67L, 1.00R, 0.05R
- Flake: 0.61L, 0.90R, 0.48L

Montecarlo.png

(Reference Image, seems to be the least-edited I could find that also showed the flakes somewhat clearly.)

EFWZTSTIU522FAXUD4N7DMAFXI.jpg

I would love to do that, but I'd need to find a better reference picture. Maybe @JaCor653 would like to do it since he's done other classic Ford colors recently :)

I'm pretty sure I've done that color. It looks familiar. I think I called my version Three Putt Green, an official alternate name Ford used. I picked that name because it sounded more interesting than Medium Ivy Green. Use the forum search function and search for Three Putt Green to find my version.

Also, my computer kind of broke today. It still works, technically, but I am going to take a break from this for a few days until my new computer is delivered.

@drouid2 I actually did the full livery you're looking for about a year ago. You can find it in my Creative Hub; my GamerTag is JaCor553.

Last edited:
One thing I've noticed is that the paint color can change drastically when inside vs. outside the home area. That's why I take all my pics out on the road, so keep an eye out for that. It was really bad when I was trying to paint the new version of Millennium Jade, it looked great in my outdoor home but then when I left it turned a much brighter shade of green. :yuck: I think the game renders different levels of detail on the paint or something in-home vs. out in the game world, and I'd rather try and make it as close as possible in that level of detail.

Speaking of, here's my new version of that color:

Millennium Jade Metallic (Nissan)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.21R, 0.14R, 0.39R
- Flake: 0.13R, 0.11L, 0.74R

Jade.png

I've updated the Fairway Green paint color as well on the C5:

Fairway Green Metallic (Chevrolet)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.38L, 0.74L, 0.25L
- Flake: 0.40L, 0.64L, 0.55R

Fairway.png

Lastly, here's my Titan Gold VX220:

Titan Gold Metallic (Vauxhall)

Paint Type:
Metal Flake
- Base: 0.09L, 1.00R, 0.53L
- Flake: 0.12R, 1.00R, 0.75L

Titan.png

@AmbientNoise The paints I do stay consistent both at home and on the road, and I’ll let you in on a little secret why: I use the actual paint chips when creating my car colors (not the samples from PaintRef, mind) so my colors are 100% accurate and look the same no matter where you are in game. Granted, they look different depending on what season it is, but the colors are all accurate. The Montecarlo Blue Metallic I just made was from using the actual paint chip :)

@AmbientNoise The paints I do stay consistent both at home and on the road, and I’ll let you in on a little secret why: I use the actual paint chips when creating my car colors (not the samples from PaintRef, mind) so my colors are 100% accurate and look the same no matter where you are in game. Granted, they look different depending on what season it is, but the colors are all accurate. The Montecarlo Blue Metallic I just made was from using the actual paint chip :)
Man, that's just cheating! :grumpy:
On a lighter note, that makes sense, the main issue is that I can't seem to find a reliable source to actually get these paint chips from. Unless you're a dealer or work in a paint shop a lot of the chips I find online are approximates it seems. In other cases, I just can't find chips for some colors at all and have to eyeball it, as I've been doing so far, especially on rarer cars.

Man, that's just cheating! :grumpy:
On a lighter note, that makes sense, the main issue is that I can't seem to find a reliable source to actually get these paint chips from. Unless you're a dealer or work in a paint shop a lot of the chips I find online are approximates it seems. In other cases, I just can't find chips for some colors at all and have to eyeball it, as I've been doing so far, especially on rarer cars.
I mean, you do what works best :) On some paints, though, I do use reference pics, until I can find the paint chip and recreate it :) That was the issue I had with Mamba Green (Porsche). The first time I made it I used a reference pic and it turned out awful, it was wrong, and the other day I found the paint chip and now it’s 100% accurate :)

I mean, you do what works best :) On some paints, though, I do use reference pics, until I can find the paint chip and recreate it :) That was the issue I had with Mamba Green (Porsche). The first time I made it I used a reference pic and it turned out awful, it was wrong, and the other day I found the paint chip and now it’s 100% accurate :)
Gotcha. Do you also find the flake color off the chip, or do you just use it for one part (like just the base or flake color) and eyeball the other? I've got a color for a lambo I'm working on that I can see flakes in the chip but they're so similarly colored that it doesn't look right in-game.

Latest Posts

Back