Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
FH4_1.jpg

Forza Horizon 4:
  • Release Date: October 2, 2018 (Ultimate Edition: September 28)
  • Platforms: Xbox One, Windows 10 (Xbox Play Anywhere)
  • Available with Xbox Game Pass
  • 450+ Cars (100+ Manufacturers)
  • Set in Great Britain
  • Open-Ended Campaign
  • Route Maker
  • Shared Online World (72 players, synchronised weather and seasons, hourly events etc.)
  • Customisable Drivers
  • Purchasable Properties
  • "Horizon Life" (Career progression through Painting, Tuning, Photography, Drifting etc.)
Game Info: https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/forza-horizon-4

Trailer:

Screenshots:
FH4_2.jpg
FH4_3.jpg
FH4_4.jpg
FH4_5.jpg
FH4_6.jpg
FH4_7.jpg

Last edited:
The screenshots are gorgeous. I'm not a UK native, only been once a long time ago, but the lighting & atmosphere gives me that vibe only the UK has.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2018/06/10/forza-horizon-4-every-season-is-racing-season-ign-first

“I think, to date, more than 9 million people have played Forza Horizon 3,” says Ralph Fulton, creative director at UK-based Forza Horizon developer Playground Games.

It's important to note, however, that while the shared world experience is Playground’s vision for how best to enjoy Forza Horizon 4, it’s not an online-only game.

“Always online is a problem for people,” admits principal game designer Mike Brown. “Sometimes you just don’t want to play with other people; sometimes people are just put off by the idea of having to cope with other people.”

“It comes with loads of other problems, such as your internet goes down, you can’t play. Our servers go down; you can’t play. So we solved that problem by saying that Forza Horizon 4 will not be an always-online game. As much as this is a shared-world game, and we believe it’s much better played with other people, you can totally just click a button and play the entire game in single player with Drivatars if that’s your wont.”

Here's the opening scenes of the game:

Last edited:
Before. Forza Horizon 3 currently has around 550.

In essence, that's around 100 cars facing the axe. If there are no more Forza Editions and GT Racing cars, then that will soften the blow.

I lived in England from 1982 to 1984. I remember one Sunday afternoon riding my motorcycle on Dragon Hill Road in Oxford when I crested a hill, and the Uffington White Horse was right in front of me. I had never seen it before or even knew what it was, but I knew I was looking at something extraordinary. I pulled over and simply took it in for several minutes. I've only felt that kind of powerful presence a few times in my life. So it will be good to go back in digital form, at least.

One of the things that we should probably keep our eye on is Toyota. We have seen the same sort of thing we saw in the run up to Forza 7's release where we only saw the AAR Eagle. This time around we have Iron Man Stewart's Baja truck and the Arctic Trucks Hilux pretty prominent in the E3 trailers and demos.

If it is the same sort of thing like Forza 7, where only Toyota adjacent vehicles from people like TRD and Arctic Trucks, then I think it might be fair to say that we have another exclusivity deal in the vein of Porsche with Toyota/Lexus and PD.

But a very different climate from Southern France and Spain though.

I like the new smashable stone walls.

For some reason I was like "Watch out!", expecting the car to come to a suddenly come to a stop but nope - life continued as normal. :lol:

It's a really small detail, but I do like the names given to various skills in Horizon games. No doubt there are going to be new skills named after the new seasons, wildlife and stone walls.

I'm guessing both the hovercraft and dirt bikes are from showcase events. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say there will also be one involving a plane. :P

And how about a boat?! Planes trains and automobiles son!

Back