Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
When the Forza fans complain about how wide the roads in Forza Horizon 4 are...

eIVIVAy.jpg

Video source:

And people want this in the game? Lmao

Next stream is tonight at 7pm GMT.

Looking forward to seeing more of the game! Unfortunately I can’t watch it live, but will catch up later.

If anyone is watching it live and is feeling charitable if they could ask if we can change the seasons on solo offline mode that would be lovely... :cheers:

Next stream starts in about an hour and will focus on winter. I'm looking forward to this.

VXR
Conversely, if you had sections that narrowed realistically, it would add a fun risk or reward element to races. Do you yield or try and get your nose in front?

It would be fun the first dozen of times, sure, but after the nth time binning it because the road is too narrow for two cars and the Drivatars don't know the meaning of the word "yield" (leave alone the actual online players), most players would find it frustrating.

Personally it wouldn't be much of a problem for me, because I don't buy Horizon to race much, but they have to design the game to have a mass appeal, and super-sized roads are one of the many concessions they have to make for the sake of an experience that doesn't stress people out too much.

Quite a big map when you see it like this, slightly larger than FH3? I think it will take me a while to find all the side roads and best place for a nice photo of the McLaren Senna :cheers:

Last edited:
I gave up on redeeming the codes they were handing out on the Mixer stream. I entered about two dozen of them and every one was already claimed. I was focusing so much on the codes I was missing the actual stream.

This game looks incredible in every single tod and weather. They nailed the lighting and weather effects. All the lights are dynamic and cast shadows. The environment has alot of destruction and deformation. If only we had control over the tod and weather in photomode that would make it perfect.

I need to see the Forza Edition of both the Peugeot 205 T16 and Renault 5 Turbo! FH4 looks to be that game that could for a very long time. What you guys think?

I think it will keep me busy for another 2 years! (ish):ill: like FH3 (in between other games I always seem to come back to this one).

In a way these Horizon games have turned in to my perfect racing game. Graphics are great, 100s cars and different vehicles, handling good on controller, pick up and play any time, photo mode, arcade racing, off road racing, street racing all in one game (Package). Now with weather and seasons!

I knew from logging in to the Colorado Festival (FH1) on my old Xbox 360 and racing the cars to the festival on the first scene, the handling was like Forza arcade I knew I would like this franchise. I missed out on FH2 as I delayed getting my Xbox One until a few years ago but have since played all the Forzas.

p.s You never know TOD/weather could come to the photo mode (to compete with the Crew2 etc)

...and that is one BIG WheelSpin /UI board !

Back