Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
An additional 2 GBs for the Ultimate Edition (which usually only unlocks on-disk content)? A pre-download for the two expansions, which we won't likely see before 2019?
I don't know how it works on the PC but on X-Box I did pre-download the two expansions, the day one pack, the VIP access, the car pass and the UE as well. But like I said... it's fake, probably... no, sure it is.

I don't know how it works on the PC but on X-Box I did pre-download the two expansions, the day one pack, the VIP access, the car pass and the UE as well. But like I said... it's fake, probably... no, sure it is.

I am noticing that, too. Odd. But it hasn't preloaded any separate 2GB file for the Ultimate (and shouldn't need to).

Anyone on PC can see what is the game preloading there?

I am noticing that, too. Odd. But it hasn't preloaded any separate 2GB file for the Ultimate (and shouldn't need to).

Anyone on PC can see what is the game preloading there?

It seems to just be placeholders, the "game" is 8.5MB while all the other stuff is 556kb.

The similar files for RDR2 were also updated (on XB1 obviously) at the same time so it's probably just the servers getting things ready for the pre-download when that time arrives.

Horizon3 is 62gb and Forza7 is 98gb here on pc, so 90gb for horizon4 could be true.
But all in all nobody should care how big or small or?.... the preload will start soon enough :)
18 days left:drool:

bandicam 2018-09-10 21-37-10-198.png

We finally got a tire letters other than "Forza"!

I really hope they can be put on any muscle car, but I imagine it's most likely limited to FE's. Although it is still miles better than the awful "Forza" tyre lettering that all of FH3's HE's came with.

Imagine this guy talking in every single race. And I tough Anna was annoying in FH3. :lol:
Isn't it the same annoying Scott Tyler DJ who was in 3?

They should give you a range of Anna voices to choose from. We could have Homer Simpson or maybe the plummy voiced actor from the recent FH4 advert for a Forza Motorsport 4 feel.

I'm not very enthused about Keira's return but at least we no longer have to pretend that she's Australian. I miss Alice Hart.

Looking at the car list and comparing it to cars I've painted, here's what I look like I'll be able to port over to Forza Horizon 4:

Code:
1968 Alfa Romeo #346 S.C.A.R Autostrada Firenze 33 Stradale
2016 Ariel #26 Husqvarna Nomad
1964 Aston Martin #14 Great Western Railway DB5
2014 BAC #06 MOMO Mono
2011 Bugatti #29 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport Gr.4
2014 Ferrari #03 Etihad Airways FXX-K
1981 Ford #13 Tic Tac Fiesta XR2
2009 Honda #07 Honda Racing S2000 CR
1997 Honda #08 Honda Racing Civic Type R
1945 Jeep #12 Caterpillar Willys MB
2015 Koenigsegg #16 Tailor Store One:1
2014 Local Motors #05 Red Bull Rally Fighter
2016 Mazda #09 Spec Miata
2013 Mazda #15 Mazdaspeed MX-5
2013 Mercedes-Benz #17 Liqui Moly G 65 AMG
2015 Mercedes-Benz #21 DeWALT Racing Truck
1968 Meyers #10 Ray-Ban Manx
2017 Nissan #02 Motul NISMO GT-R
1984 Peugeot #11 Shell 205 Turbo 16
2015 Polaris #20 NOS RZR XP 1000 EPS
2018 Porsche #01 Xbox DACH 911 GT2 RS
2015 Radical #23 Flex-Box RXC Turbo
1972 Reliant #13 Red Bull Supervan III
2013 Subaru #04 Circuito do Rio de Janeiro BRZ   
2015 Ultima #18 Canon Evolution Coupe 1020

Cars that won't be ported over:
Code:
2017 Aston Martin #27 Red Bull Racing RB-AM1 (Renault RS17)
2013 Ford #22 Formula Ford EcoBoost 200   
2018 Formula E #28 Porsche Team 9E1 (#47 Jaguar)   
2015 Mazda #19 Red Bull Racing Formula Mazda   
2013 Mazda #24 Falken MX-5 Cup
2015 Nissan #17 Nissan Motorsports IDx NISMO
2015 Nissan #21 Nissan Motorsports GT-R LM NISMO   
2011 Radical #25 Kodak SR8 RX   
1974 Toyota #12 Minolta Corolla SR5
1988 Toyota #36 Toyota Team TOM's 88C-V (#55 Mazda 787B)

Looks like I could have 25 designs available to download on Day 1 then.

While I just love your liveries @PJTierney I just can't put those on any car in a Horizon game. But I'm sure you will hit Lv20 as a painter in no time.
No worries, we all have our own tastes in designs and a “Horizon livery” may not work as well in Motorsport and vice-verse.

I'm constantly amazed by how good the game looks. Just 18 days left. :)

Edit: Well that Halo thingie looks boring as hell.
The collision engine is the best in the industry. I dream of this in the next GT (GTSport has still the indestructible plastic ribbons...).

However, Forza Horizon 4 is too permissive when it comes to object interactions and I know it's an arcade game. Where is the thrill to drive at 300 km/h when everything is destructible? The destructible traffic barriers at the highway and the stone walls look almost ridiculous for me.

This is a screenshot from the stream yesterday and I’m a bit confused. Are car divisions (like modern hatch etc) not visible anymore when you scroll through your garage? That seems a bit odd as that sure was always very useful info. And next to the brand logo was still some room to put a logo for the classes. :(

I think on earlier streams (one of the 4 Playground season streams) I saw these types of event posters again (similar as in FH3) and if I’m not mistaken they did have a car class on them. But it seems in our garage if you want to see the class info you will probably have to need to use the sort & filter options.

What is also worth mentioning is the introduction of car rarity levels as you can see on this Megane being “common” and the different colour outlines representing that. Absolutely unnecessary IMO and I wonder what kind of shenanigans will result from that.

Either way, can’t wait for the 28th. :)

21179840-F830-43C3-BECC-C6DFD4A3AA73.png

Looks like there's a "Cycle Badge" command listed along the bottom. There's also two dots below the Renault logo on the menu. It's possible that you have to cycle between the manufacturer's badge and the car division.

Not sure why they can't just show both on screen...

What is also worth mentioning is the introduction of car rarity levels as you can see on this Megane being “common” and the different colour outlines representing that. Absolutely unnecessary IMO and I wonder what kind of shenanigans will result from that.
Well, you do level up your Car Collector too. So that could be similar to the FM7 one.

Apparently, the rarity of cars will affect how likely you are to get them from a Wheelspin; it will also be possible to spend Forzathon point to buy cars otherwise available from the standard dealers, with the cost going up according to their rarity.

Am I the only one who's noticed a marked improvement in the quality of sound samples in the Forza Monthly stream? Do you guys agree, and do you think they have actually improved the sound design for the game, or they've simply handpicked cars on which they have done a better job (as they did with FM7, after all)?

Back