Forza Horizon 4: General Pre-Release News & Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,945 comments
ダウンロード (63).png

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/forza-horizon-4-demo/9p8cp1l72jxs?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

A release date of the demo was posted on the store. September 12.

Oh boy, so expect reviews in the next two weeks or so?

Traditionally, Forza reviews have gone live before the Ultimate Edition access begins. That's all I'll say. :D

Wait, not quite: there is a bunch of stuff we've got lined up from the hands-on time we had with a near-final version of the game, starting tomorrow.

Traditionally, Forza reviews have gone live before the Ultimate Edition access begins. That's all I'll say. :D

Wait, not quite: there is a bunch of stuff we've got lined up from the hands-on time we had with a near-final version of the game, starting tomorrow.

Going live a fewish hours? I think I saw a site say they were publishing content at 8am BST which is in like 3/4 hours from now, might be mistaken though.

A release date of the demo was posted on the store. September 12.
So it was not a fake news. Glad about that. But again I don't understand why the devs avoided talking about the Demo in the latest #ForzaMonthly. They could share information about demos in the past. Well, who cares. The Demo is coming that is all I wanted o know.
latest

gK2OQZl.png

Route Creator isn't coming at launch. Coming a few weeks after.

No checkpoint limit. Instead a distance limit.

Creative Hub = Storefront in FH3.

Can create your own team, upload your own team badge for Team adventure.

Clubs get a revamp. Up to 2000 Members. Leverages Xbox Club system. Activity Feed, Chat page, Look for group, Mixer streams.

More restrictions in blueprint maybe? I.e Horsepower, PI etc.

Last edited:
The one Youtube channel that matters:

Edit: That abandoned train station... that's it, I'm in love. GOTY, don't even care about the car list.

Edit 2: Watching the Edinburgh footage from Alex's video... good god. I feel genuinely sorry for the poor chaps at Ubisoft and Ghost Games or anyone coming with an arcade-ish racer in the coming year, they might as well just give up!

Edit 3: No new wheels, same ones from FH3/FM7, some cars will have the offset/stance adjustments on the rear wheels only.

Last edited:

Now this gives me some horrible GT6 flashbacks.

New gameplay looks pretty great, however. I'm really impressed by that stunt driver mission (as seen in AR12's video). Feels like a mix of showcase event and bucket list. The film crew assets along the road really are a nice touch, as is the short GTA-style cutscene.

I really hope the other jobs/businesses live up to that standard!

Last edited:
I love how most of the power upgrades didn't affect PI at all considering it's the "full build of the game."

Guess we can look forward to an AWD power meta once more.

Didn't see any branded tires either, or any of the new rims added in FM7 like the Speedline F1s and the BBS turbofans. Also not a single Advan wheel.

Last edited:

Many cars such as R34 and Zonda R are missing. (*These cars are listed on their official car list, so they will definitely appear in the game)
Did they lock many cars behind such as Midnight Battle again? Or will patches containing these cars be released on the 9/28?

Any footage yet of the Creative Hub?

I'm aware that a "Storefront" exists but am curious as to how easy it will be to find content and follow other creators.

Also, nice to see that Ralph answered my question about Xbox club support :) I'm planning to do some Casual Racing Mondays stuff with Forza Horizon 4, once I know what the online racing infrastructure is set up.

Any footage yet of the Creative Hub?

I'm aware that a "Storefront" exists but am curious as to how easy it will be to find content and follow other creators.

Also, nice to see that Ralph answered my question about Xbox club support :) I'm planning to do some Casual Racing Mondays stuff with Forza Horizon 4, once I know what the online racing infrastructure is set up.

This video has footage of the creative hub around 20ish minutes in.

Also in this footage includes (Right at the end, 1hr 5min in)
  • Mitsubishi Lancers
  • Citroen 2CV
  • Ford Shelby Raptor
  • Cadillac Escalade

and probably a few other cars that aren't on the final car list. Which leads me to believe they recorded this a while back, in an older dev build.

Many cars such as R34 and Zonda R are missing. (*These cars are listed on their official car list, so they will definitely appear in the game)
Did they lock many cars behind such as Midnight Battle again? Or will patches containing these cars be released on the 9/28?

I can't remember when or where (i think it was on the E3 gameplay), but I remember seeing the R34 in the Forzathon store.

OMG!!! I'm gonna build this car into Rally Spec form the moment I get it!!

No checkpoint limit. Instead a distance limit.

Creative Hub = Storefront in FH3.

Can create your own team, upload your own team badge for Team adventure.

Clubs get a revamp. Up to 2000 Members. Leverages Xbox Club system. Activity Feed, Chat page, Look for group, Mixer streams.

More restrictions in blueprint maybe? I.e Horsepower, PI etc.

Damn! PG and T10 are stepping up their game with all these new features they're adding. Plus, I'm cool to wait a few weeks for the Route Creator if it means completing the feature. At least it's not a certain company's infamous "soon" qoute. 👍
I feel genuinely sorry for the poor chaps at Ubisoft and Ghost Games or anyone coming with an arcade-ish racer in the coming year, they might as well just give up!
Wait. You mean the two compainies who made two latest games with IMO repetitive gameplay? If so, I agree. FH4 is gonna be GOTY full stop. The hype is freakin' real!

Last edited:

This video has footage of the creative hub around 20ish minutes in.

Also in this footage includes (Right at the end, 1hr 5min in)
  • Mitsubishi Lancers
  • Citroen 2CV
  • Ford Shelby Raptor
  • Cadillac Escalade

and probably a few other cars that aren't on the final car list. Which leads me to believe they recorded this a while back, in an older dev build.

Isn't this also the VW 1600 on the right?
upload_2018-9-12_18-1-46.png

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh4_gonegold

Horizon 4 is gold, Best of Bond Car Pack is Day One DLC.
  • 1964 Aston Martin DB5 inspired by Goldfinger (1964), Thunderball (1965), GoldenEye (1995), Skyfall (2012) and Spectre (2015)
  • 1969 Aston Martin DBS from On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (1969)
  • 1974 AMC Hornet X Hatchback from The Man With the Golden Gun (1974)
  • 1977 Lotus Esprit S1 from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977)
  • 1981 Citroën 2CV6 from For Your Eyes Only (1981)
  • 1986 Aston Martin V8 from The Living Daylights (1987)
  • 1999 BMW Z8 from The World is Not Enough (1999)
  • 2008 Aston Martin DBS from Quantum of Solace (2008)
  • 2010 Jaguar C-X75 from Spectre (2015)
  • 2015 Aston Martin DB10 from Spectre (2015)
"Several of the cars in the pack will feature film-inspired gadgets that players will be able to view while in Forzavista mode. For example, the 1964 Aston Martin DB5 will feature numerous gadgets such as revolving number plate and extendable bumper rams. In addition, the Lotus Esprit S1 will feature a special body kit option inspired by the “Wet Nellie” submarine vehicle from The Spy Who Loved Me (1977).

In addition to the cars, players who own the James Bond Car Pack in Forza Horizon 4 will also receive some in-game Bond goodies, including two Bond outfits as well as six exclusive “Quick Chat” phrases for use in multiplayer."

Back