Forza Horizon 4 is Steam's Most Popular Racing Game on its Debut

Ahhh yeah baby, big props to PG on their success! Hope this convinces T10 and PG to continue releasing Forza not only on Xbox and PC, but also on Steam for everyone to play. 👍

I can see the future being bright for the franchise after this decision.

Ahhh yeah baby, big props to PG on their success! Hope this convinces T10 and PG to continue releasing Forza not only on Xbox and PC, but also on Steam for everyone to play. 👍

I can see the future being bright for the franchise after this decision.
Agree, I've got it on PC already, but its good to see it hit steam as well.

Needs to be a cross save option! I would gladly buy it again to get away from the Microsoft store, but not at the expense of my save I currently have in H4.

As it stands i cannot even play online with the Microsoft store because my "Teredo is unable to qualify". MS store is just terrible.

Last edited:
Agree, I've got it on PC already, but its good to see it hit steam as well.
Indeed! :)👍

I heard many tales about the Microsoft Store not being the most reliable source on PC, so I'm crossing my fingers for more Forza games to go on Steam for everyone. :D

I'll be honest i find FH4's success a bit bemusing. I'm absolutely not doubting the many things it does brilliantly but as someone that loved FH3, the newest one felt like a hollow shell. The small amount of story from FH3 in the unlocking & building up of festivals gave a great feeling of progression & overall motivation when playing. That was nowhere in FH4 & along with other changes to make the game overall much easier with race results meaning virtually nothing, showcases unlocking extremely quickly, rewards ever-ending & with no real end game, i just found myself bored with it & struggling to see a point in playing it.

Damn I remember when some people would try to put FH down because it had a large amount of players, talking about how it's unfair to say it's popular because it's on PC and Xbox. They're probably punching the air right now.

I'll be honest i find FH4's success a bit bemusing. I'm absolutely not doubting the many things it does brilliantly but as someone that loved FH3, the newest one felt like a hollow shell. The small amount of story from FH3 in the unlocking & building up of festivals gave a great feeling of progression & overall motivation when playing. That was nowhere in FH4 & along with other changes to make the game overall much easier with race results meaning virtually nothing, showcases unlocking extremely quickly, rewards ever-ending & with no real end game, i just found myself bored with it & struggling to see a point in playing it.
In the past (though probably still be revered for now), huge number of content was an acclaimed thing in racing games, such as GT's huge number of cars, and it's one of the GT's appeal (or probably because of the amount of everyday cars GT lets you play). But, GT being GT, while being made more accessible as it's not a hardcore sim, it still wouldn't sit well with just everyone in gaming (who wants pure fun like arcades), as it being one of the more realistic between non-hardcore sim still makes players bored or too difficult (for those too lazy to learn) to go through GT, likely realizing that the amount of content of cars isn't what defines a game, but about how fun it is to play. Similar to GT Forza Motorsport is also a case of that, though lesser, with Horizon overshadowing it.

Forza Horizon shows what will happen if a game contains much content like you see more in sim games, either hardcore or not (PC2 also has almost 200 cars), but also appeals to wider range of gamers (especially casuals), like free roam racing that also lets you breeze through anything without thinking much, albeit it's significantly more realistic than other open world like NFS. The combination of everything that appeals to gamers will make its success.

There's also likely those who have never enjoyed FH, and started with FH4 in PC, due to the complaints for Microsoft Store. And for a game to be widely considered near-perfection, it's probably the consequences, there's smaller room of improvement of it, which makes you think FH4 is hollow by comparison.

Last edited:
Still, I find it strange that T10, with all their resources and now, so many players using FH4 on PC, have not yet added VR support.
Where would VR be more fun than in an open world full of fancy cars racing/driving game?

Last edited:
Now I wonder what I did more than 1000 hours there :D It's normal sandbox gameplay, you do the fun.

I remember the FH2 trailer, as soon as I saw it, i knew FH would be the most popular car game, more than GT today. Fun gameplay, amazing graphics and a huge car list.
Interesting you say this, because that's the same game where I officially moved on from the GT series back in 2015. Since then, I haven't looked back. Forza can really spoil you with all the cars it gets on a regular basis.

I highly recommend you check out FH4. Big open world, diverse car list that continues to grow, and LOTS of modes and features to look at. :)👍

Still, I find it strange that T10, with all their resources and now, so many players using FH4 on PC, have not yet added VR support.
Where would VR be more fun than in an open world full of fancy cars racing/driving game?
You can't simply "add" it to some games; it's something that needs to have been considered from the start because of the knock-on effects for pretty much everything else in the game.

Last edited:
Interesting you say this, because that's the same game where I officially moved on from the GT series back in 2015. Since then, I haven't looked back. Forza can really spoil you with all the cars it gets on a regular basis.

I highly recommend you check out FH4. Big open world, diverse car list that continues to grow, and LOTS of modes and features to look at. :)👍
Xbox one owner since 2013 for only one game : Forza. FH2 is my greatest next gen experience on xb1. I have the ultimate edition of FH4 and I can't believe these graphics from a 2013 hardware. I'm amazed by the physics : mud, water, sand, snow, trees, stones... GTsport looks so dry, boring compared to this game, the stiff camera view in 2021 is just a non sense for example.

You can't simply "add" it to some games; it's something that needs to have been considered from the start because of the knock-on effects for pretty much everything else in the game.

Simply not true, some old game have even had VR added by some modder, are you saying it is beyond the scope of T10. How would you know?

And Xbox doesn't have any VR.

I clearly stated for pc user, their is a ton of FH4 pc user as was clearly demonstrated by the huge amount of players in Steam in the last 3 days.

Just been playing Horizon 2 again - man they need to fix the import issue from connected storage, because I have a few liveries in there that would look great in England.

Last edited:
Xbox one owner since 2013 for only one game : Forza. FH2 is my greatest next gen experience on xb1. I have the ultimate edition of FH4 and I can't believe these graphics from a 2013 hardware. I'm amazed by the physics : mud, water, sand, snow, trees, stones... GTsport looks so dry, boring compared to this game, the stiff camera view in 2021 is just a non sense for example.
GT is about photorealism. Forza may have ''more'' graphics than GT Sport, but the artistic direction of GTS is what gives the game that natural/photorealistic feeling/look. If you know about photography and compare GTS to Forza, you know about it.

That. Is. INSANELY epic! I wonder what the sales is like? FH4 is doing outstanding on Steam, and this is Forza's very first time on it! Yeah, I can now NOT see T10 and PG putting their next games on it.

Well deserved! Congrats to both teams and Microsoft. They must very happy right now. :D

I'd not bothered to pick up FH4 but then noticed it on Steam and I thought it was time I jumped in (I mainly play the sims like iRacing and AC etc). A quick Google though showed me I could get a key for the MS Store at 50% of the Steam price so I ended up buying it there instead.

It's been a few years since I played any Horizon game and I was quite impressed with my first hour playing last night.

Last edited:
Back