Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Summer's Easter Surprises

I'm more excited for the bunny outfit to be won from the Trial than I am for the drifty Corvette. Bring on autumn.

Seems to be a lot of great content being added recently. Shame I can't play this game because of how all road cars are basically undriveable for a full week at a time.

Have you ever played it?

The grip reduction during winter season is barely noticeable. Even more true if you fit snow tires, but it’s hardly necessary to be honest.
Then maybe they've readjusted it since I played. I seem to remember cars being just all over the place during winter.

Then maybe they've readjusted it since I played. I seem to remember cars being just all over the place during winter.

I always found winter in FH4 forgiving. Almost too forgiving when compared to the snowy DLC map for FH3. I'd perhaps understand your perspective if you were talking about that, but personally I liked FH3's unforgiving snow grip more.

Seasons were added to enhance the map with more variety and atmosphere, and you're just binning the game entirely because of it? Not sure I follow, but it's your call.

I am not even surprised. People will find any reason to stop playing the game. I know a guy that was done with this 🤬 because apparently there is a roundabout sign in Broadway where there are no roundabouts! Game breaking.
And don't forget, using the time travel exploit for obtaining cars early is against the rules. Using the same exploit for cruising is not.
The one thing i hate about Forza games. Cars i Just cant buy with my money, i dont have the time to unlock all because i dont play daily.
They are not going to change it. Because players worked hard for those rewards and is not fair to make it available for everyone. At least that is what they told me in one Ticket response.

I am not even surprised. People will find any reason to stop playing the game. I know a guy that was done with this 🤬 because apparently there is a roundabout sign in Broadway where there are no roundabouts! Game breaking.
And don't forget, using the time travel exploit for obtaining cars early is against the rules. Using the same exploit for cruising is not.

They are not going to change it. Because players worked hard for those rewards and is not fair to make it available for everyone. At least that is what they told me in one Ticket response.

Jokes on that guy, because there is a roundabout in Broadway, a mini roundabout.

That's... pretty much how driving in winter actually feels like? If anything, as @Nielsen says, the game is actually a lot more forgiving than the real thing.

Winter is my favorite season in this game. The Dirt Racing series are absolutely great in winter and the Cross Country races become bearable. Do I want to do an S2 Track Toys Street Race in winter -- not really, but I don't want to do those most of the time :) Winter tires make most vehicles work just fine on the roads in the winter (just like in real life -- says the guy with a BRZ on winter tires).

I really love how PG is keeping the game fresh, even with little new activities like taking pictures of cars. I got the Ferrari Portofino, which was completely unexpected. Can't wait to unlock the Porsche and the old Supra.

About people hating winter, I just see it as a chance to do something different, pulling out all of my offroad and rally vehicles. Yeah, it gets a bit old after a while, because of the windshield glitch, but it's fun.

The game doesn't really simulate the lack of grip at all. I often find myself using regular street tires on my rally and offroad cars, just because the dirt/snow tires have way too much grip. The only part where the game feels like the real thing (I live in Utah, so I know) is some random ice patches spread around the map, most noticeably in the railroad park parking lot.

Rant warning! The seasonal Trial is utter garbage this time. The AI is overpowered and there are people showing up in untuned cars, and don't have the decency to quit when they see they can't keep up with the rest. I don't know what they are thinking, but the AI ain't gonna park on side of the road and wait these tail-end Charlies to pass by. From now on, if I see someone show up untuned, I'm not going to waste my time by letting them drag me down. Rant over.

The grip reduction during winter season is barely noticeable. Even more true if you fit snow tires, but it’s hardly necessary to be honest.
It depends on the amount of snow. If you drive the Bamburgh circuit, then there's no loss of grip. If you drive Lakehurst Forest Sprint, then you absolutely want snow tyres for the 2nd half in winter.

Rant warning! The seasonal Trial is utter garbage this time. The AI is overpowered and there are people showing up in untuned cars, and don't have the decency to quit when they see they can't keep up with the rest. I don't know what they are thinking, but the AI ain't gonna park on side of the road and wait these tail-end Charlies to pass by. From now on, if I see someone show up untuned, I'm not going to waste my time by letting them drag me down. Rant over.
If your problem is that you're winning the races, but your teammates are too slow, then maybe try a different time of day. I've found late at night, like midnight or so, there seems to be a greater proportion of better players in the Trial. I'm running at a better than 50% team win rate for it, so it's far from impossible if you can individually do well. If anyone is struggling in terms of their own performance against the AI, I've shared tunes for 2 cars that I've found to be the best for it, the Alumi Craft C10 (non FE), and the VW #5 Baja Bug. The Bug is fastest for the 1st race, the Alumi is fastest for the 2nd and 3rd races. If you want to learn the tracks, I have times on the rivals leaderboards with the Bug for race 1 and the Alumi for races 2 and 3, that last time I looked were the highest placed times with an eligible car, apart from the Polaris, which is fast but I don't recommend it for anyone struggling with the Trial as it's much harder to drive than the Alumi and Bug. My Xbox gamertag is breeminator. Don't expect miracles from the cars, though, the AI is undoubtedly tough to beat in these events. Make sure to follow the path they take through obstructions when they're ahead of you, so you don't get slowed down, as these light cars are badly slowed down by hitting things.

Soapboxracer, I feel your frustration mate. This trial is so much pure unadulterated BS that in the end, I gave up. Tried the Alumi, Maverick, JCW Buggy, tuned, untuned, AWD, RWD, you name it. Had my foot to the floor wherever possible but miraculously the AI seem to float on air especially when directly going through fences, bushes, brick walls etc. Or going uphill. You slow down and they just whizz right past you.

@breeminator I wasn't consistently beating AI, but I was highest-finishing player most of the time. I've tried morning, afternoon and evening with similar results. I prefer driving the VW buggies over Alumis and Penhall, since the latter handle wonkily.

Eventually eighth time was the charm. I tuned #551 VW Buggy (the orange one) for as much power as possible, as it seemed to be the key. On the first race I finished second behind AI Maverick, and our team won on points.

I won the second race very comfortably and the key was to take an off-track line on the left-hander prior to the climb up the mountain. If you run wide to the right, through the net-fencing and behind the boards, you can get a good run up the hill. That way you can take the left-hander almost flat out and downhill slope is slightly steeper on that side. Also the net fencing won't slow you down significantly. Then go through the next checkpoint as far right as possible (no need to cut it too close, though) and with enough speed you should be able clear the stone barrier. You might still hit the barrier, but it shouldn't slow you down too much. The AI won't come outside the track limits, so they won't be able to draft off of you and blast by on the uphill climb either. The AI draft advantage is just insane. And yes, we won the second race as well.

I hope this makes any sense and hopefully might help someone out. I know it would take 10 seconds of YouTube to show this properly, but unfortunately I'm not that savvy with capturing.

Had my foot to the floor wherever possible but miraculously the AI seem to float on air especially when directly going through fences, bushes, brick walls etc.
The game has a "feature" where the AI stops obeying the laws of physics once it's a certain amount ahead of you, so they're very hard to catch when the gap is that big. If you can get close enough, they do get slowed down, e.g. through the fences near the finish of the 2nd race they get slowed down enough that you can pass them before the finish line if you go through the hole they've made.

A very unrelated question, but will a FM forum ban affect your ability to play online? Asking for a friend...
As far as I'm aware, no, the two are independent. You can also get banned from the support system without it being clear that's what has happened, and that can happen independently of forum or game online bans.

Are you playing on a wheel or simulation steering on pad maybe? That'd explain it, because with normal steering on pad, grip loss on roads feels minimal. It's also my least favourite season, but for opposite reason...

I always found winter in FH4 forgiving. Almost too forgiving when compared to the snowy DLC map for FH3. I'd perhaps understand your perspective if you were talking about that, but personally I liked FH3's unforgiving snow grip more.

Seasons were added to enhance the map with more variety and atmosphere, and you're just binning the game entirely because of it? Not sure I follow, but it's your call.

Agree on winter being too forgiving, you can tell they wanted to allow players to still set stunt records in winter. PG should embrace it instead, let cars skid and slide like they did on Blizzard Mountain. Racing any road car on road tyres there feels amazing and the AI will match. It's not harder to drive, just slower and more fun. The way it is in FH4, winter's just the dull compromise season and breaks immersion in the summer months (an issue with the forced weekly rotation).

As far as I'm aware, no, the two are independent. You can also get banned from the support system without it being clear that's what has happened, and that can happen independently of forum or game online bans.

Do they still struggle to reply within 3 months time? Not surprised some would turn to insults :lol:

Do they still struggle to reply within 3 months time? Not surprised some would turn to insults :lol:

There's a one snarky individual being disrespectful towards other people (me and some others), and I'm really, really tempted to lay a verbal beatdown at them (him?/her?). I'm not really that active over there, but I'd still like to avoid any additional hassle or drama.

I have no problem with people respectfully agreeing to disagree. Heck, if someone proves their point well enough, they might even win me over to their side.

For the official forums, I see no point in partaking at all to be honest. Nothing to gain there, obvious double standards, and all it takes is one wrong post to get you banned at random, forever. Recently I read someone still can't even open the forums while logged into Microsoft because of one post they made 10 years ago. Better discussions to be had here or on reddit, and it's probably easier to reach the devs on other platforms as well :)

I go there from time to time. You can find some really useful informations. Also they have people like @ManteoMax who is really putting serious dedication and time to keep some info in order and up to date. On the other hand you can get a permaban here too. You really need to put some effort though.

Back