Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Winter Warp Speed

I try my hardest not to be a boomer and accept that electric cars are the future, but it still takes a lot from an EV to impress me. The only EV that has managed to make me smile is the Rimac. That thing is unbelievable when it comes to acceleration and the champion of tight speed zones.

This car is weird... And I don't know if it's the game, but I feel this should be a lot quicker to accelerate. An old Veyron is probably faster in top speed, and also quicker to accelerate. This car does handle nice though, I give it that. But the sluggish acceleration really hinders any potential. The looks are weird, but it kind of reminds me of the GT-Red Bull X1, so it has some forced nostalgia feel to it. Another collectible that will only be used once and then forgotten unfortunately.
tachion.jpg

TS.jpg

It does look nice with a different color and wheels. I tried to replicate the X12010's base livery.

Well I had a really good winter season this time round considering I don't play the winter races that often but a good selection of tracks
and cars this week.

Cold Storage was a blast (pun intended) as first time I've raced vans in Forza Horizon 4 and was surprised at how good the Ford Transit was so must check out more races with vans at some point.

A good tip if you haven't already picked it up but if you pick an Extreme Off Road racer for The Trial Ice Gauge you can complete Chapter 1's and most of Chapter 2 of the weekly Forzathon story during that event.

Nothing in the shop for me this week as not interested in Chainmail Top and Skirt and own both the cars.

I don't about some of you, but I kinda like the RASER Tachyon. After tuning it, I actually managed to make it handle more decently, even beating the Drivatars on unbeatable at the Goliath. :)

Love the design, speed and handling. But it's acceleration is really lacking. I'll mostly race it offline rather than online, mainly because people tend to build cars that are common to win at times, which gets really boring to me.

This is my personal opinion, but I think one of the reasons why EVs feel slower to accelerate is because of the tachometer.
We usually use the sound of the engine and the tachometer as a visual indicator of acceleration in racing games.
However, in EVs, there is no engine sound and the tachometer increases the RPM very slowly.
This may be the reason why we feel these cars accelerate so slowly.

Of course, some cars don't actually acceleration performance very well...

This is my personal opinion, but I think one of the reasons why EVs feel slower to accelerate is because of the tachometer.
We usually use the sound of the engine and the tachometer as a visual indicator of acceleration in racing games.
However, in EVs, there is no engine sound and the tachometer increases the RPM very slowly.
This may be the reason why we feel these cars accelerate so slowly.

Of course, some cars don't actually acceleration performance very well...

The sight of seeing your tachometer needle jump and audible engine noise increasing is half the thrill of driving for most of us.

When it comes to EV though, I've come to seek that thrill differently through watching how fast that speedometer number climbs on what seems like a single gear.

Despite being winter, I didn't find this week's 50% as arduous as some weeks can be.

Warmed to the Tachyon more than I thought I would.

Just out of interest but what cars did you all pick/use for the Speed Trap in this week's winter season.

Took me a long time to nail that one using the Ford Focus Hoonigan and couldn't nail it for ages, tried the 599 and that was too slippery first before the Focus.

Just out of interest but what cars did you all pick/use for the Speed Trap in this week's winter season.
I can hit 220 mph in my 599 starting at the Drift Club. Used the same car for the danger sign.
For the speed zone I used the T100 Baja (S1). Managed that one while doing the weekly.

Last edited:

Took me a long time to nail that one using the Ford Focus Hoonigan and couldn't nail it for ages, tried the 599 and that was too slippery first before the Focus.

I used the Mosler for the Speed Trap and Danger Sign, which is usually a good bet for Winter as it handles smoothly even on snow.
For the Speed Zone, I used the Jeep Trailcat I think (memory not what it used to be :lol:)

Last edited:
I used a Porsche 959 for the speed zone. Apparently I reached the objective without checking, but I was struggling my butt off trying to reach 190km/h on that deceivingly slippery area.

Back