Forza Horizon 4 Series 29 Arrives Early; Three New Cars On Their Way Soon

OMG OMG OMG I can't believe it, finally the 1987 Hammer, wow I have been waiting for this super saloon for ever, this is the first time ever seen in a video game, thank u.

Also I own all the motor trend magazines back in the 80s about this sedan, I have the die-cast version of it from Otto. And two different t shirts from 1988 with the amg logo of the hammer.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG!!!! No freaking way! First I see the 8 series and then the Hammer... That completely came out of left field. Cannot wait for this.

Should I try to get all these cars when they come out or would they be unlocked at end of life status? Not of a fan of festival playlist.
I would get them when they come out, because even though like @HuskyGT mentioned, there's really no timeframe on when they'd return.

Cars are eventually available through the auction house, or the Forzathon shop.
Oh yeah, uhhh. I forgot to mention, by that I mean, does anyone there'll be an unlock patch like with Forza Motorsport 7? While the weeklies are easy, it adds a bit of stress on my weird mind.

Last edited:
I hope RUF returns though, it's a sham that the moment that EA's contract ended with Porsche, everybody except for a handful franchises ditched RUF to be with Porsche.

Obviously there's no hard-and-fast ban since The Crew 2 and a few other games have both brands, but I seem to remember reports of Porsche "encouraging" developers to pick one or the other.

It's interesting how weirdly they've named the new cars - the 300CE 6.0 AMG is just 'AMG Hammer Coupe' without the model name, and while the Singer DLS is named '911 reimagined by Singer' to roughly match the GW 400R, the short name is 'Porsche 911 '90' with no mention of Singer.

At least it actually is a Hammer-spec AMG though - the Hammer nickname was only used on the cars with AMG's own 4-valve heads, those with 'just' the V8 swap and Mercedes' 2-valve heads were sometimes nicknamed Mallet instead, while the late E500-based cars were the E60 AMG. From the car list, this is indeed the full-fat 4-valve 6.0 stroker with 385ps, rather than any of the other specs (5.0 / 5.4 / 5.6).

A small mercy that the Hammer isn't a prize for Winter, but a spring championship!

Shame it's a US market example, though.

VXR
A small mercy that the Hammer isn't a prize for Winter, but a spring championship!

Shame it's a US market example, though.
And the Hammer, like many other cars, has cloudy headlights like Frosted glass...

Seriously, why do so many car headlights in Forza have this ugly, unrealistic material?
Nowadays it is an undoubted fact that they are using 3D scanning and making high quality car models. But in some cars, only the representation of the headlights seems to have not changed since Forza Motorsport 2 on Xbox 360. Even models that are new to the Xbox One era, such as Hammer.
If only they could improve this shortcoming, the Forza models would look even better and more realistic!

And the Hammer, like many other cars, has cloudy headlights like Frosted glass...

Seriously, why do so many car headlights in Forza have this ugly, unrealistic material?
Nowadays it is an undoubted fact that they are using 3D scanning and making high quality car models. But in some cars, only the representation of the headlights seems to have not changed since Forza Motorsport 2 on Xbox 360. Even models that are new to the Xbox One era, such as Hammer.
If only they could improve this shortcoming, the Forza models would look even better and more realistic!

Yeah, even though the Hammer is a new model, it appears to have the visual quality of the older BMW model vs the Singer 911.

Back