Forza Horizon 5 Confirmed Set in Mexico, Launches November 9

Looks really good. Happy they're putting a little more effort into the story/progression side. Was sorely missing from H4 & left it feeling pretty pointless.
What's also even better is that the player now speaks. I wonder if they'll use various voice actors and actresses instead of just one for the male and female avatars.

Last edited:
Can't help it, at least visually it doesn't seem to be as big a step up over FH4 as expected imho. Which makes sense when you consider it still has to run on the original Xbox One/S as well. Personally, I'd love to see more true next-gen titles, however I also unterstand the sense of making cross-gen games from an economic pov.

FH5 looks great. Why does PD need so much time for a game as Playground shows us what you can do in 3 years? But who cares, Sony is not interested in a racegame on the PS5.

Overall the game looks solid, looks more cleaner and detailed then FH4 but not leaps in terms of graphics. Just hoping houses return of course and the car list has to at least be over 750.

Can't help it, at least visually it doesn't seem to be as big a step up over FH4 as expected imho. Which makes sense when you consider it still has to run on the original Xbox One/S as well. Personally, I'd love to see more true next-gen titles, however I also unterstand the sense of making cross-gen games from an economic pov.

They are using the old engine, so don't expect it to look any different than FH4. I'm still a bit confused as of why they didn't wait until FM8 was done so they can use that new game engine. but I guess they are using FH5 as a last bridge into new gen. See it as a good thing as upgrading hardware at this moment is very difficult due to prices. IT will be nice to have this game another year or two while it hopefully becomes easier to acquire new GPUs. And by the the new generation of nvidia should be out as well.

I am super excited for Forza Horizon 5 and cannot wait to see what cars they add to the game :) Hopefully they bring back the 2012 Camaro ZL1, Infiniti G35 coupe and Hyundai Genesis coupe. I sorely miss those cars in Forza Horizon 4 :/ Also, looks like I’ll have to add more colors to the ongoing color creation chart ;) If you guys haven’t seen it you should definitely check it out on here :)

Last edited:
They are using the old engine, so don't expect it to look any different than FH4. I'm still a bit confused as of why they didn't wait until FM8 was done so they can use that new game engine. but I guess they are using FH5 as a last bridge into new gen. See it as a good thing as upgrading hardware at this moment is very difficult due to prices. IT will be nice to have this game another year or two while it hopefully becomes easier to acquire new GPUs. And by the the new generation of nvidia should be out as well.

Waiting for the release of Forza Motorsport means that we will not have a new FH before the end of 2023. And with that old engine they made a great looking game as we can see now.

FH5 looks great. Why does PD need so much time for a game as Playground shows us what you can do in 3 years? But who cares, Sony is not interested in a racegame on the PS5.
Because PD is a tiny company. But even Motorsport also has not gotten any news yet, so Motorsport is equal to GT at this moment.

Waiting for the release of Forza Motorsport means that we will not have a new FH before the end of 2023. And with that old engine they made a great looking game as we can see now.

Oh, I totally agree! The game looks good as is. I have no complaints. I still find it strange that they decided to do another game on the old engine. I just hope they change things a bit gameplay wise, or there are going to be a lot of people complaining it's a copy-paste cash grab. So long as they don't change the freedom aspect of it though.

How much bigger will this Map be compared to England, Ireland & Scotland combined from the last game? I'm genuinely curious.

Adds extra 100m squared...
"Our largest map ever" :lol:

If the map size really is restricted by XOne capabilities, then I dont think this will be massively bigger. However, if they make the map more 3D in terms of height it can *feel* like its bigger. However, the views from the top of the volcano did look pretty flat to me.

My instinct is that the volcano will be close to the centre of the map and the mountains you saw in the distance from the top of the volcano might be the edge of the map in that direction?

PS - so it's true that we DID see FH5 in that Series X/S trailer last year but didnt know it.

Have to say well played on that :bowdown:

Having watched this trailer with astonishing dropped jaw, I suddenly don't mind if GT7 comes out sometime in 2023.

This will be my first Xbox purchase, the photorealism is something that I have been waiting for decades for. the time for it is finally coming this fall.

will it be avail on PC as well? I might just go that route, if I find that RTX 3080 for less than a limb.

unbelievable look of this production , Mexican art and textures looks amazing. even though I won't ever be using the roof cam as demonstrated throughout.

I don't want to sound like a contrarian bore, but I'm really not feeling excited for this at all.

Graphics look great, no complaints there, but the Mexico location just isn't really doing anything for me, doesn't feel very "fresh". Looks kinda similar to FH3's Australia. HUD looks pretty unattractive too I can't lie.

Also the fact they're giving the player voicelines is a huge turn off for me. NFS Payback made me despise racing games with a voiced protagonist, very few seem to pull it off without it coming off as overly corny and forced. Breaks the immersion aswell I find.

Overall this kinda confirms to me that Horizon has fully moved away from its "car scene" roots and is now just more of a casual sandbox type of game, a lot less focused... Doesn't sit well with me. That's more of an objective opinion though.

Again I apologise if I come off as a bit pretentious, I just can't really get excited for this series anymore. I'm sure it'll be fun with friends but it doesn't "wow" me anymore outside of it's pretty graphics. :indiff:

Last edited:
Playground still hasn't fixed the things players complain about. They don't even listen to their community. I never heard someone complain about visuals yet that's all they focus on. Still no traffic, unrealistic big roads. Mountain roads are the size of a highway smh. The city streets are supposed to be tight and challenging, not wide like my ex.

Because PD is a tiny company. But even Motorsport also has not gotten any news yet, so Motorsport is equal to GT at this moment.

How tiny is PD, 5 man or so? All the cars for GT7 are made in India so they don't have to bother about that. PD can't be that tiny that they only can deliver a game like GT Sport in 7 years.
Forza Motorsport is not equal to GT7, GT7 was considered to be launched this year and FM has no sign of release yet.

Because PD is a tiny company.

PD has 170+ employees, Playground Games 200+ according to Wikipedia. I would not call PD here "tiny".
Kaz is just obsessed with certain things. He is the Chris Roberts of racing games.

Looks nice.

As dumb as it is i hope they capture the festival vibe.

So far it only really worked in Horizon 1 IMO.

Okay, so the hype is starting to kick in... Now comes the worries. Engine sounds, car list, wheel compatibility, performance, freedom of racing your cars however you want, etc.

Back