Forza Horizon 5 Confirmed Set in Mexico, Launches November 9

And Horizon maps haven't even been very detailed. A lot of missing things like gas stations, parking halls, small alleys, etc for example. Missing many unique places to stop and have a car meet for example. Not to mention that maps have been way too small to have long road trips with friends. There is nowhere to go, it's just a map to have events but everywhere you go you end up in a corner of the map in under 5 minutes.

Yeah, maps look great with good graphics, well made foliage and buildings. But the road layout is mostly wide and long sweeping high speed corners. I wouldn't call it much more detailed compared to TDU or The Crew series.

Last edited:
Looks amazing! but they turned this game in something more fun than serious, GTA V online things and those festival races from The Crew 2.

Last edited:
I’ve never seen so many people complain in my life. I feel like barely any people here are even happy about the game, but rest assured, as soon as it drops on Game Pass, there’ll be millions of players, probably even surpassing the amount that Forza Horizon 4 has. I’m truly excited for the game and can’t wait for it to come. Everything that has been shown so far has me super excited, especially the new cars they’ve shown (the Bronco, Defender, and of course that gorgeous Mercedes) and I also noticed what appears to be a new bodykit on the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo that was in the trailer as well.

Last edited:
Because PD is a tiny company. But even Motorsport also has not gotten any news yet, so Motorsport is equal to GT at this moment.
Kunos Simulazioni is a tiny company with almost 30 employees, PD with more than 150 doesn't LOL.

This might be a unpopular opinion but I think this is another franchise that Microsoft have managed to kill off by virtue of releasing too many games in too little time.

They really haven't, I can pretty much guarantee you that the game will have millions and millions of players each month and being on Game Pass really helps that. FH4 had 12 million players in less than a year.

I dunno....it looks like a prettier version of Australia in FH3. Deserts, rainforests, coastline. Ring a bell? Must admit, I'm not particularly excited, certainly not in the way I was when FH4 was released.

For me it was basically the other way around. I loved FH3's general feel because of its setting and also the progression was neat and streamlined but i never really got along with FH4's world, when they showed it for the first time i immediatelly was put down. Then the missions on the map seemed random, i had no clear idea what exactly the progression was, all seemed a bit random, it just did not speak to me. So i am now really happy to see...i guess a more 'exotic' place (from a europeans perspective) return.

Last edited:
FH4 map was somewhat reasonable because despite the very large area depicted, the bioms were not significantly different - but Edinburgh felt so, so strange and movie set like.

I live in Edinburgh. It's really interesting to see how T10 implemented the city in-game. There are some VERY recognisable bits - not just landmarks, but the roads and road types. It feels very real driving around "my town." Weirdly, after we'd been in pandemic lockdown for a month or so, I needed to drive through the centre of town to take my daughter's cello for repair. I'd been playing so much FH4 at the time that it felt more like visiting the set of FH4 than it did driving through my home town.

Also, the road that runs from Mortimer Gardens, around the northwest corner, feels very much like driving through the Scottish Highlands.

So I'm interested in seeing how Mexico looks. I'll be open and say I don't know much about Mexico except for the most basic stereotypes, so I'm up for it.

Its outdated info from 2016
Emm no, see the interview to Marco this year here on GT Planet.

Before that, in 2018 if I remember correctly, Kunos had like 57 employees.

And I know all this because I'm a fan of the Italian studio :lol:

It has always struck me as odd that gas stations only appeared once, in Horizon 3. Proper alleyways haven't been in since the first Horizon. It definitely adds to the world building and should be included.

Heck, gas stations could be places to put T-Tops back on (since their use is not automated like the new convertible roof option) or repair damage without accessing photo mode.

I’ve never seen so many people complain in my life. I feel like barely any people here are even happy about the game, but rest assured, as soon as it drops on Game Pass, there’ll be millions of players, probably even surpassing the amount that Forza Horizon 4 has. I’m truly excited for the game and can’t wait for it to come. Everything that has been shown so far has me super excited, especially the new cars they’ve shown (the Bronco, Defender, and of course that gorgeous Mercedes) and I also noticed what appears to be a new bodykit on the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo that was in the trailer as well.

Really, this is a bit of an over-exaggeration. There's been vastly more praise than anything bad said. As for the Evo, yes, it's been confirmed as a new kit.

This is the main reason I hate participating in the Forza or Halo community.

People complain endlessly to the point where you would think Forza is the biggest piece of crap ever made.

You then go and play it and it is way better than almost any other racing game on Xbox.

Is it perfect, no? Neither is anything else. It is just crazy how some people treat it as if it kicked their dog.

I stopped participating in gaming on social media in general due to the insane amount of pessimism and people acting as if competition is a bad thing.

Last edited:
Weird, I don't see that anywhere here. It's actually seems quite literally the complete opposite.

It wasn't my intention imply that my comment was strictly in response or reference to GT Planet or the comments on GT Planet.

They are in reference to the overall gaming and social media community.

It wasn't my intention imply that my comment was strictly in response or reference to GT Planet or the comments on GT Planet.

They are in reference to the overall gaming and social media community.
I stay away from the cesspools of the internet, for that reason in particular. There is very little reasoning within the comment sections of Twitter, Youtube and the like. Those really should just be ignored.

I feel like barely any people here are even happy about the game, but rest assured, as soon as it drops on Game Pass, there’ll be millions of players, probably even surpassing the amount that Forza Horizon 4 has.

People playing games they aren’t entirely happy with is not uncommon when there’s no better alternative in a genre. PG has in my opinion never made a truly great Horizon game, but they’ve still been ahead of the direct competition. Especially thanks to its decent physics combined with the widest variety of cars.

Also, if FH5 ends up with more players than FH4 then it would likely come down to the fact that it’s going to be available on more platforms at launch. The game itself doesn’t seem evolved enough to pull former players in across the board.

People playing games they aren’t entirely happy with is not uncommon when there’s no better alternative in a genre. PG has in my opinion never made a truly great Horizon game, but they’ve still been ahead of the direct competition. Especially thanks to its decent physics combined with the widest variety of cars.

Also, if FH5 ends up with more players than FH4 then it would likely come down to the fact that it’s going to be available on more platforms at launch. The game itself doesn’t seem evolved enough to pull former players in across the board.

I could definitely see it being more popular. Game pass day one, newest Forza on a new console, and set in a country where Xbox is very popular.

This is also the first Forza title on Steam from day one.

Last edited:
Really, it's going to be available to the same amount of people as it was before, I don't think the availability of the Xbox Series consoles is going to drastically change that as I'm guessing a good chunk of those people would have likely owned that or the Xbox One.

Really, it's going to be available to the same amount of people as it was before, I don't think the availability of the Xbox Series consoles is going to drastically change that as I'm guessing a good chunk of those people would have likely owned that or the Xbox One.

First For

First Forza on Steam at launch.

Gamepass is going to affect it more than anything as Gamepass has been continuing to grow in subscriber count.

FH4 didn’t release on Steam day one. You can argue it’s not a different platform per se, but it does help reaching different PC consumers. After all, FH4’s arrival on Steam caused some joy and fanfare when it was announced.

Last edited:
FH4 didn’t release on Steam day one. You can argue it’s not a different platform per se, but it does help reaching different PC consumers. After all, FH4’s arrival on Steam caused some joy and fanfare when it was announced.
First Forza on Steam at launch.
Ahhhh, I was forgetting about Steam. My Mistake.

Last edited:
I just hope the car list at launch is larger than Forza Horizon 4’s car list at launch. Also, it seems like quite a few new cars will be added to the game from the onset as well. That Taycan looks sweet and I was hoping it’d be added to Forza Horizon 4, but it being in Forza Horizon 5 is even better. Also, of note, I’m originally from Southern California and a lot of the Mexicans there had a lot of cool cars, and tons of JDM stuff (I got in a few street races with them when I was younger and reckless) so I wonder if we’ll be seeing more JDM type cars added to the game. JDM cars are huge in the Mexican community, as are a lot of classics as well. Guanajuato is also home to a Toyota plant that manufactures the Toyota Tacoma for the North American market so that could possibly be coming to the game, along with the much requested Toyota GR Supra.

Last edited:
I just hope the car list at launch is larger than Forza Horizon 4’s car list at launch. Also, it seems like quite a few new cars will be added to the game from the onset as well. That Taycan looks sweet and I was hoping it’d be added to Forza Horizon 4, but it being in Forza Horizon 5 is even better. Also, of note, I’m originally from Southern California and a lot of the Mexicans there had a lot of cool cars, and tons of JDM stuff (I got in a few street races with them when I was younger and reckless) so I wonder if we’ll be seeing more JDM type cars added to the game. JDM cars are huge in the Mexican community, as are a lot of classics as well. Guanajuato is also home to a Toyota plant that manufactures the Toyota Tacoma for the North American market so that could possibly be coming to the game, along with the much requested Toyota GR Supra.
I would hope the car list is as massive as horizon 4's but in the back of my mind that would mean around 800 cars at launch. Thats a lot man. I sense they probably cut some of the not so popular cars while adding a few more additions across the board. It will probably be close to 700 and after all dlc and stuff might top 800 or so. But who knows maybe im wrong and the roster will be closer to 1,000.

I would hope the car list is as massive as horizon 4's but in the back of my mind that would mean around 800 cars at launch. Thats a lot man. I sense they probably cut some of the not so popular cars while adding a few more additions across the board. It will probably be close to 700 and after all dlc and stuff might top 800 or so. But who knows maybe im wrong and the roster will be closer to 1,000.
They've already stated as 500 cars, it likely isn't going to get any higher than the top of that range.

Last edited:
They've already stated as 500 cars, it likely isn't going to get any higher than the top of that range.
I’m sure with Forzathon we’ll be looking at a ton of cars getting added like Forza Horizon 4 and we’ll be looking at 700+ cars again or more. They’ve been supporting Forza Horizon 4 for a while so I can definitely see them doing the same with Forza Horizon 5.

I’m sure with Forzathon we’ll be looking at a ton of cars getting added like Forza Horizon 4 and we’ll be looking at 700+ cars again or more. They’ve been supporting Forza Horizon 4 for a while so I can definitely see them doing the same with Forza Horizon 5.
Oh, I don't doubt that the car count will rise fairly fast, it just wont be near that at launch.

They haven't stated a number on cars yet unless I've missed something?
Actually, you're absolutely right. I misunderstood an initial post. This one:
Just watched AR12's newest video in search of some new info, and while he's not my favorite YouTuber, he usually has some insider information that can be useful. He claims he's asked the developers some questions, and here's what he says that's new info:

-Player houses return, VIP pass grants you one free house as it did in FH4
-Developers told him "over 500" cars, which is a more solid number than we've received.
-Raising/lowering convertible roofs in freeplay IS confirmed, was already confirmed in PG's livestream this morning
-Raising/lowering windows and turn signals are unconfirmed as of yet
-He mentions the widebody on the C8 is made by Streethunter (a new company to Forza), which also makes a (very nice in my opinion) widebody for the A90 Supra. Nick says in the video that the company was asked by PG to send over their designs for a Mazda RX7 and the A90 Supra, so the A90 Supra may make it into the game.
-He also says that the Lancer Evo X's body kit is made by Streetfighter LA, another new company to Forza. He says they also make body kits for M3s and "a bunch of Camaros."
-Brake calipers are paintable, also confirmed by PG today in their livestream.
-He mentions that FH5 could borrow some features from the upcoming Forza Motosport reboot (he uses performance exhausts changing engine sound as an example).
-Character clothing is now purchasable with credits (I don't know if this has already been confirmed or not, I feel like it has been mentioned already).
-It is unknown if character clothing has been removed from wheelspins.

I wouldn't consider these 100% confirmed until we see them or hear more, but they're obviously pretty plausible and I'm sure they hold truth to them.

My mistake! Although, he usually isn't the worst source for accurate information, but we shall see.

Back