Forza Horizon 5 Confirmed Set in Mexico, Launches November 9

Actually, you're absolutely right. I misunderstood an initial post. This one:

My mistake! Although, he usually isn't the worst source for accurate information, but we shall see.
I don’t know why the developers would tell him this stuff but leave everyone else out of the loop. Is it because he’s an ‘influencer’ (God, that word leaves such a bad taste in my mouth)?

Last edited:
I don’t know why the developers would tell him this stuff but leave everyone else out of the loop. Is it because he’s an ‘influencer’ (God, that word leaves such a bad taste in my mouth)?
He creates hype for the game. He's a popular youtuber so filling him and then having him pass down vague information with little clarification will get people talking. Whether what he says is true or not we'll have to see though.

Last edited:
VXR
It has always struck me as odd that gas stations only appeared once, in Horizon 3. Proper alleyways haven't been in since the first Horizon. It definitely adds to the world building and should be included.

I’m in the minority that thinks a smaller map does benefit map design, at least in terms of a more engaging world. Of course, with every Horizon game after 1 being more multiplayer focused, the map necessitated wider roads and more open space and I think urban areas took a definite hit as a result.

It’s an understandable change, no doubt, though I can still come back to Colorado in the first game and it feels ‘lived in’, whereas every game after feels a tad empty. It’s the same issue the TDU games and The Crew (the first one at least, can’t speak for the sequel) have as well. Edinburgh brought it back a little though, so I’m hoping the next entry shakes things up a little.

Would be nice of they cut down on dialogue this time arround, or at least tone down the stupid forced accents.
And remove the stupid clothes system that nobody ever asked for, like what is this, the Sims?

Looking forward to seeing how they put this map together. However, it won't be truly Mexico unless the following are included:
Topes. Topes EVERYWHERE!
Massive tank traps hand dug obstacles hastily made by drunken spectators
The entire environment out to kill your tires.
All the locals out to kill your tires
Half the animals also out for your tires, (seriously, there's a reason all the bikes are running mousse or tire balls, not tubes)
Roadblocks, both official and um, "unofficial" in unlikely locations where there are suspiciously few witnesses
Middle of nowhere fuel stops where you buy gas from some kid pouring from jars
Your vehicle maybe starting after one of these fill ups (it'll be a bit like wheelspins, complete gamble)
That one tourist who, against all advice, drank the water
More topes that could take out the undercarriage of a bloody trophy truck
Borderline, no, not borderline, completely mental tour van and coach drivers

And some of the nicest and most fun people I've ever met!
Oh boy, I could go on. Viva Mexico!!!

Looking forward to seeing how they put this map together. However, it won't be truly Mexico unless the following are included:
Topes. Topes EVERYWHERE!
Massive tank traps hand dug obstacles hastily made by drunken spectators
The entire environment out to kill your tires.
All the locals out to kill your tires
Half the animals also out for your tires, (seriously, there's a reason all the bikes are running mousse or tire balls, not tubes)
Roadblocks, both official and um, "unofficial" in unlikely locations where there are suspiciously few witnesses
Middle of nowhere fuel stops where you buy gas from some kid pouring from jars
Your vehicle maybe starting after one of these fill ups (it'll be a bit like wheelspins, complete gamble)
That one tourist who, against all advice, drank the water
More topes that could take out the undercarriage of a bloody trophy truck
Borderline, no, not borderline, completely mental tour van and coach drivers

And some of the nicest and most fun people I've ever met!
Oh boy, I could go on. Viva Mexico!!!
I know you’re joking because there’s absolutely no way any of those things would be added to the game. The only people usually in the game are spectators at the various races, and we all know gas stations themselves aren’t even in game (except for the non-functioning ones that were in Forza Horizon 3). It’s not meant to be a real-life Mexico simulator, just like Forza Horizon 4 wasn’t meant to be a real-life UK simulator (notice the lack of soccer hooligans for instance or people crawling from pubs during the wee hours of the morning).

Last edited:
I know you’re joking because there’s absolutely no way any of those things would be added to the game. The only people usually in the game are spectators at the various races, and we all know gas stations themselves aren’t even in game (except for the non-functioning ones that were in Forza Horizon 3). It’s not meant to be a real-life Mexico simulator, just like Forza Horizon 4 wasn’t meant to be a real-life UK simulator (notice the lack of soccer hooligans for instance or people crawling from pubs during the wee hours of the morning).

I would have loved to see drunken spectator pub crawls in Edinburgh. What a wasted opportunity.

That's nothing.
I've just unlocked the "Glasgow kiss" emote :sly:
At least it's preferable to the Glasgow grin emote. If only they had the super spins reward the player with deep fried creme eggs and vodka eye drops once in a while instead of yet another chainmail miniskirt.

Last edited:
A little bit off-topic, but I honestly thought FH4 was more of Scotland rather than the UK (likely because of Edinburgh).

Bamburgh Castle (Bebbanburg Castle for all you Last Kingdom fans) is in northern England, Northumberland to be exact, so the game is like northern England and Scotland, but still the U.K.

Last edited:
A little bit off-topic, but I honestly thought FH4 was more of Scotland rather than the UK (likely because of Edinburgh).
Scotland is part of the UK (at least for now). That huge chalk white horse carving is definitely Northern England though.
Bamburgh Castle (Bebbanburg Castle for all you Last Kingdom fans) is in northern England, Northumberland to be exact, so the game is like northern England and Scotland, but still the U.K.
Yes, Scotland is in the UK. The UK is four sub-national units: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. Great Britain is just the island with England, Scotland, and Wales on it.

It's a bit of a mixture though. Glenfinnan and Edinburgh are Scotland. Bamburgh Castle is in the north-east (as is the A168), but Ambleside is in the north-west. The Moorside windfarm is I think inspired by the High Moor windfarm near Menwith Hill, sort of half way between the north-east and north-west.

But it's not all in the north. Chadderton Windmill is pretty far south, near Leamington Spa where Playground Games is based, but the Uffington White Horse is even further south in Oxfordshire - there's plenty of white horses in the north, but Uffington isn't one of them. A rough outline of the map is:

upload_2021-6-19_18-2-40.png

Just pretend Manchester doesn't exist. We can but hope :D

I think everybody agrees that the game could do with fewer pronouns and more horses and six-guns. Fun is overrated.
When it's Forza Horizon, I imagine anything will be overrated because the franchise is that good at what it does: being FUN. FH5 is already the next big thing most people are looking forward to anyway, which is why it won the Most Anticipation Award, because it's what people wanted out of E3 (myself included).

Regardless of what the naysayers say, this hype train is still rolling and ain't stoppin' anytime soon. :sly: ;)

Last edited:
When it's Forza Horizon, I imagine anything will be overrated because the franchise is that good at what it does: being FUN. FH5 is already the next big thing most people are looking forward to anyway, which is why it won the Most Anticipation Award, because it's what people wanted out of E3 (myself included).

Regardless of what the naysayers say, this hype train is still rolling and ain't stoppin' anytime soon. :sly: ;)
I agree!

Emm no, see the interview to Marco this year here on GT Planet.

Before that, in 2018 if I remember correctly, Kunos had like 57 employees.

And I know all this because I'm a fan of the Italian studio 😂
Given you initialy said it had "almost 30 employees" then doesn't that mean that the original comment was based on outdated information as they have almost double that now? Or do they have less employees now than in 2018?

Either way, they still aren't a big developer though, and are much smaller than Polypohny Digital, which is the point I think you were making. But the games Kuno's make are not competition for Gran Turismo or Forza titles, they operate on compeltely different scales and importantly budgets, and the differences in sales reflect this.

Last edited:
The new FH5 map looks beautiful, but for me the warm climate just gives me too many FH3 vibes. I’m not ready for another journey through deserts and rain forests.

Ah, but with the warm climate, you get clearer and picturesque blue skies! Aussie skies were gorgeous in Forza Horizon 3.
My favourite sky box in any game ever is FH4 autumn season. The closer we get to the equator, the less pronounced seasonal differences in the skies.

My favourite sky box in any game ever is FH4 autumn season. The closer we get to the equator, the less pronounced seasonal differences in the skies.
But while Horizon's UK is beautiful, there are fans who complained about the lack of biome variety in the map.

But while Horizon's UK is beautiful, there are fans who complained about the lack of biome variety in the map.
I personally like how everything melts together naturally in FH4. Transitions between moors, fields and forests flow smoothly, whereas each area in FH3 felt like very different places under the same roof.

Last edited:
I personally like how everything melts together naturally in FH4. Transitions between moors, fields and forests flow smoothly, whereas each area in FH3 felt like very different places under the same roof.
That's going to be the challenge of FH5 - give us more varied environments than FH4, while avoiding that "scaled Australia theme park" atmosphere of FH3.

I guess that the larger and more vertically developed map, and the presence of a "living desert" biome that can smooth out the transition between sand dunes and rainforest will help in that regard, but I am still somewhat skeptical.

Last edited:
I just can’t wait to play this thing on the G1 evo 77.

The HDR was jaw dropping when in Forza vista on FH4. GAWDDDD that ray-tracing in Forza vista will just take it to another level.

Back