Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
Well, that means the abysmally-modeled SW20 gets another return. Was kinda hoping it would be remodeled though considering it existed in this form for over 15 years.
But I am grateful it will return, though. Woulda preferred the MR2 Spyder as well too.

Last edited:
There better damn be at least one more new to the franchise car and not just the new Z.

If they’re ain’t the LC500 or one of the new GR Toyotas in the update then they can keep it.

Last edited:
There better damn be at least one more new to the franchise car and not just the new Z.

If they’re ain’t the LC500 or one of the new GR Toyotas in the update then they can keep it.
I think the fact that they're teasing a returning car in the crossword pretty much answers that question. At least we'll see more news about Motorsport, and hopefully some DLC2...

We already had the MR2 GT in previous games though, which is confusing if that's what 11 across is since the clue says 'now in GT form.'

I'd love to have it back, but the last part of the clue is throwing me off.
The hint is obviously the Toyota MR2. But if it says now in GT form, could it be this one?

toyotamr25.jpg

We already had the MR2 GT in previous games though, which is confusing if that's what 11 across is since the clue says 'now in GT form.'

I'd love to have it back, but the last part of the clue is throwing me off.
It's a Twitter post slapped out quickly about a Torben clue about a crossword that was written months ago. They're coasting wildly on these updates...

I think they haven't done much thought since they set up the crossword, probably because 90% time is being spent on DLC2. And the recent loss of key staff can't help (which would have probably been known internally when the Torben crossword was done).

I think they haven't done much thought since they set up the crossword
The layout of the crossword changed between the first and second set of clues, so perhaps even before it was created :lol:

Edit: Oh, if any of you are on the official forums (I literally can't be arsed to go through the hoops of signing up, and I don't agree with the TOS anyway), please tell this guy:
  • Exit the game fully, shut it down from the Dashboard (ummm... liney button, close game)
  • Restart Xbox
  • Load it back up
  • Profit

Didn't trigger for me either, until I did that. That solves about 99.6% of problems I've ever had with FH5.

Last edited:
The layout of the crossword changed between the first and second set of clues, so perhaps even before it was created :lol:

Edit: Oh, if any of you are on the official forums (I literally can't be arsed to go through the hoops of signing up, and I don't agree with the TOS anyway), please tell this guy:

• Exit the game fully, shut it down from the Dashboard (ummm... liney button, close game)
  • Restart Xbox
  • Load it back up
  • Profit

Didn't trigger for me either, until I did that. That solves about 99.6% of problems I've ever had with FH5.
That guy is notorious for complaining about everything and people like him are the very reason why I VERY rarely visit the official forums anymore.

Yes, especially since that "we are sick and tired of the lack of effort from the devs" bashing thread about FH5 since the DM update has blown up to 1,200 comments (by my count we're almost at 1,300). There are some nicer people and they want to fix (and help) the game. But that's just not possible. I even tried to defuse the situation, many times, on said thread and it was not pretty (various users pretending to be staff, someone left the site, etc, and it dragged on for over two months). Some of it was debatable but it was just excessive negativity all around. And it keeps coming every 3-5 months. And as of late it was turned into a debate regarding graphics, something I don't usually talk about.

And regarding this guy a few posts back mentioned: He whines about every single little thing. 'When are they going to fix this???'
I believe the guy was using PC, not Xbox Series or whatnot, based on that thread's comments. Still, would rather not dive into this any further.

I only join in for friendly conversations. And there are a few there.

Last edited:
Yes, especially since that "we are sick and tired of the lack of effort from the devs" bashing thread about FH5 since the DM update has blown up to 1,200 comments (by my count we're almost at 1,300). There are some nicer people and they want to fix (and help) the game. But that's just not possible. I even tried to defuse the situation, many times, on said thread and it was not pretty (various users pretending to be staff, someone left the site, etc, and it dragged on for over two months). Some of it was debatable but it was just excessive negativity all around. And it keeps coming every 3-5 months. And as of late it was turned into a debate regarding graphics, something I don't usually talk about.

And regarding this guy a few posts back mentioned: He whines about every single little thing. 'When are they going to fix this???' Laughable.
Nobody hates <insert game here> more than <insert same game here> "fans" etc.

Last edited:
I think we can expect the Expansion to be released around May or June since they most likely want to bridge the time till FMs launch

The next series would also be a good chance to brink back Suzuki especially since they still sell their cars in Mexico. The only one I would like back from FM4 is the 2011 Suzuki Monster Sport SX. I would like the current Suzuki Jimny or a second generation or current generation (3rd) Swift.

Anyone else having trouble with the “Shocking” daily challenge? The description is “Smash 20 Solar Panels in 30 seconds.” I’ve easily smashed twenty solar panels in less than thirty seconds multiple times but the challenge never registers.

Anyone else having trouble with the “Shocking” daily challenge? The description is “Smash 20 Solar Panels in 30 seconds.” I’ve easily smashed twenty solar panels in less than thirty seconds multiple times but the challenge never registers.
It wouldn't pop for me when using a larger vehicle. It popped eventually when I used the Ford Puma FE.

I think with a larger vehicle you're pushing the panels into each other so it's the panels knocking each other down, not you. The Puma just took the panel legs out but still smashed them.

It wouldn't pop for me when using a larger vehicle. It popped eventually when I used the Ford Puma FE.

I think with a larger vehicle you're pushing the panels into each other so it's the panels knocking each other down, not you. The Puma just took the panel legs out but still smashed them.
Screenshot_20230126_133145_Chrome.jpg

That's positively shocking quality control. I used a medium sized car (the Hoonigan Mustang they gifted me) and popped it first time. I always quit the game and restart from the title screen as quick resume is broken in places but judging by your observation, this wouldn't have helped with batterying those panels this week.

Last edited:
That's positively shocking quality control. I used a medium sized car (the Hoonigan Mustang they gifted me) and popped it first time. I always quit the game and restart from the title screen as quick resume is broken in places but judging by your observation, this wouldn't have helped with batterying those panels this week.
Batterying lol. I think any vehicle that takes more if the supporting legs than the panel will work. I never use quick resume on FH5, I always fully quit the game after each session. I don't know whose volt it is that quick resume doesn't work properly.

Batterying lol.
Guilty as charged.
I think any vehicle that takes more if the supporting legs than the panel will work. I never use quick resume on FH5, I always fully quit the game after each session. I don't know whose volt it is that quick resume doesn't work properly.
It's a real shame as it's a feature with so much potential.

Last edited:
It's a real shame as it's a feature with so much potential.
Very true. If it worked properly it would be a God send, just flicking between games. I'm yet to use and trust it beyond OG Xbox titles (no achievements to mess up).

In it's currant state it does need fixing.

Very true. If it worked properly it would be a God send, just flicking between games. I'm yet to use and trust it beyond OG Xbox titles (no achievements to mess up).

In it's currant state it does need fixing.
It might be something to do with the snapshot of the game not saving correctly when the console is put into full shutdown mode between sessions. Power prices have gone up a lot in the UK this year and I stopped using standby mode to try and save a little money. Things aren't perfect with the quick resume mechanism right now, but all we can do is solder on and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Brilliant. I was using the Tankpool FE, just about the largest car in the game. I switched to the Puma FE and it popped first time. Cheers, mate.

The next series would also be a good chance to brink back Suzuki especially since they still sell their cars in Mexico. The only one I would like back from FM4 is the 2011 Suzuki Monster Sport SX. I would like the current Suzuki Jimny or a second generation or current generation (3rd) Swift.
Hoping for Suzuki cars is probably out of luck for various reasons, one of them is because of the fact that the brand left the U.S. in 2012.
Even if they'd got the license for it getting their gems like the Swift, Cappuccino and Jimny (which I personally want too) it's nil at this point.

Hoping for Suzuki cars is probably out of luck for various reasons, one of them is because of the fact that the brand left the U.S. in 2012.
Even if they'd got the license for it getting their gems like the Swift, Cappuccino and Jimny (which I personally want too) it's nil at this point.
Suzuki does sell cars in Mexico, with the Jimny being sold out in 3 days 2 years ago.

They don't sell Holden in the US either, but we have them. Same goes for Cupra/SEAT, Morris, Peugeot, Renault. That argument is bogus.

Nobody is trying to imply that licensing is easy. It doesn't really matter if a marque sells in the US or not, anyway. Forza isn't trying to be an accurate representation of USDM.

Last edited:
Back