Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 16,903 comments
@Edax 76
"In this picture, there are two Supras. Only one of them can be seen..."

RAS 135.jpg

And the location if anybody's still looking for it.
image.png

Last edited:
No issues with the Silvia's handling, although it seems tuned for racing and not drifting (odd). Just brake lightly and early into corners and the grip will do its thing.

I love how, no matter how well or badly I drive the Showcase Remix, I beat the train by exactly 0.05s every time.

I really, really hate the Showcases.

When I played this showcase, I immediately noticed my ... approximate driving should have resulted in my loss. Then exactly like clockwork, the train slowed down at the "last minute."

Ahh, showcases! More rigged than a claw catcher machine.

Last edited:
you can lose showcases... you just have to screw up the final straight.

Imagine someone racing a showcase to utter perfection, taking perfect lines and speeds, and then messing up the final corner and losing on the straight... while being 10 seconds faster than your successful run :D

I managed to get through the first time out and beat it by 4 seconds. By the time I got to the ramp the train wasn't in sight... I must be doing it wrong :D

No offense, but I think they could've found better avenues of giving us new content that isn't a car rather than a phoned-in award show. These people looked uninterested and just got by with far less content. Seems to be the norm for every ForzaMonthly.

Tried both Eventlabs this week. Both are great and show that effort is there. Especially the one recreating Tokyo.

No offense, but I think they could've found better avenues of giving us new content that isn't a car rather than a phoned-in award show. These people looked uninterested and just got by with far less content. Seems to be the norm for every ForzaMonthly.

Tried both Eventlabs this week. Both are great and show that effort is there. Especially the one recreating Tokyo.
Agreed both Eventlabs were good. The Tokyo one being the better. The other one was stunning to look at and extremely well put together but the track was too narrow and had too many hairpins to let it flow.

Already to hard of a challenge to handle an "dynamic obstacle" ? Don't understand complains about "why do they not test this before release"... MAYBE it's intended...

Last edited:
If you have played FH4, you may remember the infamous Fiesta vs Motorcycle showcase.
This event had dynamic objects (invincible motorcycle) that were more problematic than this showcase remix.

Found new upcoming Horizon Stories after the update. Coming from story dialogue string. This one is interesting i should say.

The file only mentioned the name as HAD (probably short for Horizon A.... Drag). As the name suggest Drag Race will be its main objectives. Here's what i manage to find from the dialogue strings.
  • The story revolves around Alejandra and Papa Fernando Vocho El Gigante 68 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
  • Player will be drag racing cars from various eras
  • New drag racing system, using "drag zone traffic lights" according to the dialogue
  • There will be some sort of marked box as start area
  • Stop for 3 seconds, the lights will be active, wait till the green light up and the race begins
  • The light will cycle again if you missed it
  • The drag race are also available as normal race
  • Few new cars-ish specifically mentioned on the dialogues
    • Rimac Nevera (Rimac C_Two production model)
    • Lamborghini Huracan STO (we already have two versions)
    • Camaro Pro Stock (specific year not mentioned)

I'll include the files if you want to read all the dialogues
so it could be they implementing the experimental drag race from fm7?

Are Showcases all that interesting anymore?

For the past 4 games they’ve almost all been a variant of “car vs non-car, with scripted jumps, slow-mo and rigged close finishes”.

Maybe they still appeal to kids but the formula’s remained largely unchanged since Forza Horizon 2.

Last edited:

For the past 4 games they’ve almost all been a variant of “car vs non-car, with scripted jumps, slow-mo and rigged close finishes”.

Maybe they still appeal to kids but the formula’s remained largely unchanged since Forza Horizon 2.
I enjoy doing them when they swap the vehicle you're using. I totally agree the whole event is scripted and hard to lose bud. This week's one just made me laugh with you broadsiding the train.

They could do with dropping the script and making the event losable.

Already to hard of a challenge to handle an "dynamic obstacle" ? Don't understand complains about "why do they not test this before release"... MAYBE it's intended...

Not complaining at all. I'm actually glad this was a thing. I didn't collide with the train at all on my first attempt.

If you have played FH4, you may remember the infamous Fiesta vs Motorcycle showcase.
This event had dynamic objects (invincible motorcycle) that were more problematic than this showcase remix.

I remember catching up and hitting the motorcycle, but I haven't had an instance where I couldn't drive around it unlike this jump.

I still enjoy the dramatic scenery, even of this one.

The jump in this instance is not scripted nor is the finish rigged for me this time. I'm aware they script it for an exciting close finish, and I went into this the first attempt thinking it was going to be the same thing, but I watched that train continue to pull away at the finish this time. Had a 4 second gap behind the train! Then I tried again and got hit like you see here. You actually have to beat the train to the jump, and I didn't because I tripped over the scaffolding leading to the cave entrance.

I’ve been doing a few Eventlab creations, and I keep seeing messages saying things like “press ’activate’ to end/restart the event.” I have no idea what that means.

I’ve been doing a few Eventlab creations, and I keep seeing messages saying things like “press ’activate’ to end/restart the event.” I have no idea what that means.
So rather than running until the lap counter ends, you can end it early by pressing the button you've set which starts an event (normally A). This then ends the event.

You actually have to beat the train to the jump, and I didn't because I tripped over the scaffolding leading to the cave entrance.
I've won it four times and on each occasion the train has passed and I jump past the most-recently jettisoned carriage.
The jump in this instance is not scripted nor is the finish rigged for me this time. I'm aware they script it for an exciting close finish, and I went into this the first attempt thinking it was going to be the same thing, but I watched that train continue to pull away at the finish this time. Had a 4 second gap behind the train!
Each of the wins I've had was by exactly 0.05s - on one the train accelerated briefly on the final stretch before then slowing down. I've only got captures of two of them though, and there's a couple of seconds between the race times.

Back