Forza Horizon 5 is the Biggest Launch in Xbox History With Over 10 Million Players

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
Congrats PG and Turn10. Hmmm... where is that GT6 guy who normally comes along to try unsuccessfully to pour cold water on Forza sales figures? It won't be the same without him.

I recently bought a gaming PC with the RTX3070 GPU. Seriously considering FH5 to give my pc a test drive.

MSZ
I have read the PC thread, the game does seem to have a lot of bugs at the moment.
yeah that was mostly just a massive over exaggeration. There’s no shortage of them, but that hasn’t stopped the game from being enjoyable. Bugs exist but they’re mostly minor inconveniences rather than outright game breaking.

Is it me?
It’s never been you. If you think that you haven’t been around long enough. You’ve never compared sales so I’m not sure why you’d associate it to yourself.

Last edited:
MSZ
I recently bought a gaming PC with the RTX3070 GPU. Seriously considering FH5 to give my pc a test drive.
I'm ps guy and decided to give it a try on pc since the game pass subscription is only $1 the first month. Let me tell you it's by far the best game I've played in a while. It's not a sim but it's realistic enough to have fun. The game is also gorgeous and there is so much stuff to do. Yes, there are bugs here and there but honestly, they haven't ruined the experience for me.
The best part is car sounds, that's pure eargasm.
For $1 you have nothing to lose tbh

And this is why it's important to launch games on a console as well as a PC, especially with the explosion of PC gaming popularity. Sony just needs to build a launcher for the PC like Xbox has and let me buy games directly through it.

Ok, so dont get me wrong. The game is INCREDIBLE...its a car guys wet dream.

But as it stands the game is extremely buggy. Alot of features are absolutely broken...like the servers. The seasonals dont complete after completing them (you have to play in SOLO mode)...the list of bugs is sooo much and YES they effect gameplay and the enjoyment of the game.

That being said...the game has potential to be the greatest racer ever once the bugs get sorted.

I just feel bad that these "10 million" players all have to endure these ridiculous bugs and glitches. Thats ALOT of people and i hope Playground games puts a move on it with hotfixes.

Last edited:
MSZ
MSZ
I have read the PC thread, the game does seem to have a lot of bugs at the moment.
I have a PC with an RTX3070 and this game is absolutely putting it through its paces.
As people have said before there ARE a lot of bugs, but a lot of them are not game breaking.
When you play solo the most annoying bugs are probably things you did not registering (both in the Festival Playlist as in the new accolade system).
I had no problems doing PvE online things like The Trial or the new Horizon Tour.
Also had no problems with The Eliminator.

The thing that is still fundamentally broken is Freeroam online and (as a result) the new Arcade events. I am not sure why this site suggests that has been fixed. It hasn't. I am pretty sure the new server setup that Horizon uses, which puts everyone in the same 'session' but you only see a select group of people, messes this up.

If you like playing with friends you will also have to deal with some frustration. Convoys don't really work and I have seen my Forza friend get kicked from events at random moments. This would happen at least once or twice every gaming session.
Freeroam Convoys have your mates dissapear and reappear and is broken too.

If you really look forward to playing this game with a friend at the very least be prepared for some frustration.
If you play solo and don't care much for Arcade: No brainer :)

I personally very much enjoy this game and take the bugs for granted (hoping that at least the online stuff gets fixed).
The actual game play is really good, the game looks amazing and is tons of fun in my opinion.

Last edited:
The Arcade had to reverse to Forzathon Live schedule with one event every hour and players will come. Also right now there are no notifications for arcade. While annoying at times at least in FH4 I knew in advance that the event is coming. Here I have to check the map if something is going on.

The Arcade had to reverse to Forzathon Live schedule with one event every hour and players will come. Also right now there are no notifications for arcade. While annoying at times at least in FH4 I knew in advance that the event is coming. Here I have to check the map if something is going on.

I completely agree, I'd love to see it go back to the old system where a big event appears every hour and all players are notified of it. Unfortunately I have no idea how that would work with their new online system as it no longer just gives you a map with set players on it which is sort of required if you want to revert to how it worked in FH4.

From what I have seen I don't think this is the problem.

1) With 10 million players, a new game, and their new "one server" system, it is statistically as close to impossible as you can get to have so many session in which there is only 1 or 2 other players. I have done so many Arcades now, and only a few had a decent amount of players.
Even with 8 sessions per hour you'd have to see far more sessions with a decent amount of players. And I am not the only one complaining about this. The Forza forum is filled with people complaining about the lack of players in arcade. Yesterday I played Arcade throughout the day and I was alone or with one or two other players in ALL sessions, except for the one in which I took a friend in a Convoy, which had a total of three or four players (couldn't tell exactly, it seems 4, but one didn't count towards the total score...? Maybe he was just drifting)

2) There are clear issues with their new system in which everyone is on the same server, but you just see a select group of up to 12 people in your vicinity. You see it in convoys where players randomly appear and disappear (while still being online) and the same goes for random players who suddenly disappear from your session (though that is less of a problem).

Given this my semi educated guess is that it is a problem on the server side. I think the players are divided over too many 'sessions' instead of being all thrown in the same one. Faulty match making.

Could be wrong here, but the argument that people are actively not participating starts to make less and less sense to me the more I play and see.

Last edited:
Could be wrong here, but the argument that people are actively not participating starts to make less and less sense to me the more I play and see.
The points you mention do make sense. I just didn't do enough of them I guess. Well then just put Arcade in Open so whoever wants to do it can play with others. They will definitely do something about it. It affects everyone.

I was very tempted today to get my first Xbox so I could play this game. In the end I think I made the sensible decision of not biting the bullet and saving 650€.

I’m still thinking of the series S as a compromise though…

The game looks great and lots of fun. If I was an FPS guy I’d have Halo as a second reason to buy the Xbox but I’m not so there’s really not much to push me towards the console atm.

I don’t own a PC.

It's more than that, the mp is broken some how and I'm not sure how tbh. I randomly get moved fom one session to another. I will look at the online tab one minute and there will be 20 players in my session, 3 minutes later I am all alone. I don't know if that is due to disconnects, bad design or what. Whenever I decide to go do an arcade I always look at my session first to see how many players are in it.

Player participation may be factoring in now as well because I don't even bother with them any more since it is such a crapshoot.

I must be lucky, I'm getting seemingly no issues with my festival playlist, and the hotfix actually has fixed the servers for me, or at least it seems. I'm finally able to participate in Forzathon events.

I’m pretty sure FH4 was available day 1 on Game Pass too. That’s how I got it.

Good game, though. It’ll keep me busy until GT7 comes out. :)

I was very tempted today to get my first Xbox so I could play this game. In the end I think I made the sensible decision of not biting the bullet and saving 650€.

The game looks great and lots of fun. If I was an FPS guy I’d have Halo as a second reason to buy the Xbox but I’m not so there’s really not much to push me towards the console atm.

I don’t own a PC.
I've never been one of the stereotypical outspoken proponents of PC gaming, but if you're that tempted to buy an Xbox, I think you should consider a PC. Now that Microsoft has wedded the Xbox brand to PC, you can have your cake and eat it too.

Similar to you, I spent several years looking in from the outside at Forza, unable to justify the purchase of an Xbox just for these games. When I bought my new laptop, I told myself I'd jump on the next FH game if it looked good. FH5 is good, and my laptop runs it beautifully. Honestly, I expected more trouble than mostly just online-play issues.

Just get the Series X, a Game Pass Ultimate subscription and never look back. You won't regret it.

I don’t own a PC.
I've been Playstation exclusive since the PS1 came out. I was always interested in the Forza series, but wasn't prepared to get a different console. I finally bit the bullet and got a Series X and gamepass. I'm glad I did, the only time I've fired up the PS5 for months is to play GT Sport when I want some online racing, and I can't see that changing until GT7 hits next year. I love the PS5, and the new controller is the business, but gamepass is great. In Australia we cant access the Sony version of it.

Burger, fries, pack of doughnuts, washed down with some cola... 🤤

Oh, sorry, I thought it said the biggest LUNCH in Xbox history...

Back