Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Forza Horizon 5 Loyalty Rewards Gives Veteran Players a Head Start

Playground Games has announced that players who’ve played previous titles in the Forza series — both Horizon and Motorsport — will get a little leg-up in FH5 with some bonus cars, depending on which titles they’ve played...

Just read the message in H4 about loyalty rewards. If the prices stay more or less the same I will save almost 6 million credits worth in cars. Not bad at all. Thanks a lot PGG!
I just love this whole idea of loyalty rewards. It's really just a small thing but makes feel fans a little bit special. Ok, the majority. I know there will be players complaining about PGG throwing cars at you, but personally I prefer spending those millions on something else.
I'm pretty sure you will still need to grind a lot to collect them all. Specially now that the weekly rewards are gone.

Am i the only person that misses when you started off with a relatively crappy car in racing games & progressed to better throughout. Everything is just handed to you these days. I guess the argument is 'you can use whatever car you want'. Racing games just felt more structured & rewarding when you had to work for better cars, races, car parts etc.

Am i the only person that misses when you started off with a relatively crappy car in racing games & progressed to better throughout. Everything is just handed to you these days. I guess the argument is 'you can use whatever car you want'. Racing games just felt more structured & rewarding when you had to work for better cars, races, car parts etc.
That option still exists. You can very well not claim any of the reward cars and progress through the game at your own natural pace.

It doesn't entirely remove the temptation of course, but it isn't as black and white as "everything is handed to you these days" as there are other factors at play. The largest of which being time. This is the best way to get people into the game for immediate satisfaction and fun without having to spend hours obtaining the one (or several) car(s) someone wants.

That option still exists. You can very well not claim any of the reward cars and progress through the game at your own natural pace.

It doesn't entirely remove the temptation of course, but it isn't as black and white as "everything is handed to you these days" as there are other factors at play. The largest of which being time. This is the best way to get people into the game for immediate satisfaction and fun without having to spend hours obtaining the one (or several) car(s) someone wants.
I've always been of the opinion that more options to choose how to play is a good thing. If someone can't resist the temptation of going down a path that will be less satisfying for them, that's their problem, their lack of self-discipline, not an issue with the game.

I agree, it is rewarding. But it has many problems too. How do you achieve this type of progression? You can lock cars behind levels and make early races with low exp and low credits prizes. But than all those races become obsolete once you unlock the better ones.
What about Bluprints and Route creator? You need to lock them too? And there's the option to complete all the single-player events with the starter car. You don't even need to work for anything because there's no need to buy any car or any upgrade. You only need to gain fans or exp to unlock all the races. Should they ditch that option too and make endgame races only for S2 an X class cars? How boring would that be.
But I know one thing for sure. It took me more than a year of regular play to buy all the cars from the Autoshow in FH4 and that game started with 450 cars. This game start at 500+. Yeah a lot of work to get them all. All this without taking in consideration the Playlist.
Slow progression is good, but it works just for the early game. After one week you inevitably end up with endgame cars.
I'm planning to play this game for the next 3 years not 3 months.

In FH4 my highlight every week is the Trial race with others. I am not interested in grinding cars and tuning, I just want to have the best cars available to best help my team in the online races. That is where the most fun for me lies and I appreciate if I can get rid of any grind towards there.

I adore these loyalty rewards the Forza Team gives to veteran players who have long since played Forza. It makes you feel all the more special for supporting it throughout the years. :) Also, I'm glad the whole grinding from the old days are gone, but if you choose there are options to gain such a feeling back. For me though, I'm not about that life anymore. I prefer playing the game at my pace and not the game's pace.

Personally I love that they are doing this especially considering that many of do not have the time to play videogames as much as we did in the past. I know a lot of other people will disagree with me, which is fine. But you guys can always delete those cars and grind your way to the top tier vehicles.

I look at it this way: I may not have a want or need for those particular cars at the start of the game (okay, I want a couple of them), but two or three months down the road I probably will need or want them for something, and having them stashed in my garage right away equals several millions of credits that I don't have to grind out to obtain them. That's credits I can waste on stupid off-roading hypercar builds or an ill-advised A class AMC Gremlin race car.

Do you know if we had like Forza 2 on Xbox 360 and now I'm on pc, how am I going to to get it.

If you have an account over on Forzamotorsport.net then it will register what games you've played there.
Is there a way to check what games you have played (because I don't know if I'm in the right Microsoft account) or can you check what rewards I will get on Forza 5 release day

Is there a way to check what games you have played (because I don't know if I'm in the right Microsoft account) or can you check what rewards I will get on Forza 5 release day
I can tell you that I recently switched to the pc and that I no longer own my xb1 and it still has records of what I played so I think you're alright. 👍

Edit: go to https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US log in and go to rewards then rewards overview.

Last edited:
Between this, all of the VIP and bonus stuff, and the car you get with the controller I'm going to be starting the game feeling like Shmee150

Last edited:
I've always been of the opinion that more options to choose how to play is a good thing. If someone can't resist the temptation of going down a path that will be less satisfying for them, that's their problem, their lack of self-discipline, not an issue with the game.
I think your argument lacks a bit of nuance. Relying on players to treat every game as their sandbox as the ideal approach to gameplay is only a 'good thing' if it serves the intention of the game's design. As an extreme example, 'Grand Theft Auto IV' would not have benefited from giving the players millions of $$$ at the start, because it defeats the thematic elements of the game's narrative, ie. being a first generation immigrant in New York.

But if I'm not mistaking, the Forza Horizon games (the recent installments) have you play as the organizer of an entire car festival. It is not unreasonable, nor does it contradict any cognitive narration as manifested by the game's design, to have players do whatever they want with a buttload of money to boot. In fact, it would definitely contradict the game's design elements if they had to scrape by in your dad's Volvo and try to sell the idea that you're the head executive of the biggest car festival in the world. Imagine catching Tim Cook using a CD player with a pair of Skull-Candy headphones in public - doesn't really make any sense.

So it's not a matter of self-discipline, as you put it - not when it does more to contradict the design elements of the game. While you could play games like 'MGS V: Phantom Pain' with as little weapons and gadgets as possible to mimic that authentic MGS gameplay, it wouldn't make much sense at all, feeling almost disingenuous, when the game keeps hammering on about building nuclear weapons and how many scientists you have recruited to build your dog a freakin' mech-suit. The same elements would feel just as out of place in the earlier games in the series, where covert operations were paramount.

In order for Forza Horizon to ditch the 'born with a silver spoon' design, they're going to have to center the game around being a nobody, working your way up the corporate ladder of the festival. If you pay attention to the series as a whole, when considering each entry in the franchise as a stepping stone for the global narrative, the games are already doing that. Whether they'll have you lose your top-dog spot in favor of a comeback story remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Just a heads up, started playing FH5 now and it only gave me the FH4 loyalty car (Senna). My strong guess is that it not based on gamesave but in game install (on disc console). Say this because I have played all the FH+FM games but only had installed FH4 on my Series X...

And have to play them before start FH5...

Last edited:
Oh yes. Centanario and Senna on the way!
Having fast cars is great at the beginning of the game as it makes exploring the map for the first time a bit more exciting IMO. S1 cars aren't great for early races, so having some lower classes for them is my plan, but it's a big map and I want to explore it all ASAP so getting a leg up early like this will help. Once it's explored I can take a slow car and find the minutae that make these maps so excellent after that.

In FH4 I won an Aventador on like my 3rd wheelspin and I drove that for ages until I finally was able to afford another car I'd rather have had.

Just a heads up, started playing FH5 now and it only gave me the FH4 loyalty car (Senna). My strong guess is that it not based on gamesave but in game install (on disc console). Say this because I have played all the FH+FM games but only had installed FH4 on my Series X...

And have to play them before start FH5...
No. I installed them all on my Series X except FM5 and played Horizon 2 and 4 minutes before starting 5 (I also played 3 last week) but I only got the Senna.

I restarted my game and the rest of the loyalty cars all got given to me.

And the P1 will come at a later date, as stated in the support website.

I only got the Senna for playing FH4 on PC...

So I guess I gotta start the Xbox One X up and sync everything to get all the previous games? Hopefully that works. Cause I want them all. :lol:

Ah... finally

FDceKsJWQAgi7xQ.jpeg

ce3dccd1-87f7-42af-969a-6a416470b9b9.png

Last edited:
I deleted the save file on Xbox One X.

Started the game up, did all the intro and tutorial again. Got all the cars... Except the Mclaren P1. Oh well. :mischievous:

You only need to stop and restart the game to get the other loyalty cars apart from the Senna guys

A bit of a off topic question but with the end of the Forza Rewards for future titles does anyone have a clue what the future Loyalty Reward system is. I basically only bought previous FH for the rewards in FM titles. Debating if i want to get this or not, thanks for any replies.

My strong guess is that it not based on gamesave but in game install (on disc console)
It appears to be linked to your XBL account, as I got the Viper (from playing FH on console), and the GT2 and Senna from FM7 and FH4 on PC.

It's weird I got all of them except FH2, never played FH1. Haven't played it in ages obviously so maybe I'll load it up and then check again.

I think I only briefly played FH1 when it became backwards compatible, but don't think I got the Viper (I'll have to check in case but sure I didn't, although as I say I only played it briefly so might not have been enough gameplay to have triggered it).

I've got all the other cars apart from the McLaren P1 despite playing FM5, but that's been noted as a problem anyway.

Back