Forza Horizon 5 Rumors Suggest Mexico Location

why not give the fans what they want and locate it in Japan
220px-Trollface_non-free.png

Some point out that it could be that they're saving Japan for their all-out next-gen title, using the updated Forzatech engine, currently being developed by T10.
Seems legit, urban Japan environment could be too heavy for One.

Mexico will be awesome, especially with all the Baja vehicles they will more than likely add. I only know of two Mexican automakers though: Mastretta and Vuhl. I know there are Mexico-specific models from various makers too, so that should provide a pretty unique set of vehicles.

Also, I can't wait for the radio stations because between Latin pop and Grupera, that's going to be a pretty cool soundtrack.

I, for one, am looking forward to what PG can do with a Horizon game in Mexico. Sure Japan would've been a nice location, but other countries deserve a chance too...

Mexico would be a fitting setting for the next game, especially knowing what type of areas it has. Baja racing is pretty big down there too, and I ADORE offroading in Horizon.

I imagine the map will be diverse in roads, but I'm kinda hoping there isn't any seasons if its forced again.

Mexico will be awesome, especially with all the Baja vehicles they will more than likely add. I only know of two Mexican automakers though: Mastretta and Vuhl. I know there are Mexico-specific models from various makers too, so that should provide a pretty unique set of vehicles.

Also, I can't wait for the radio stations because between Latin pop and Grupera, that's going to be a pretty cool soundtrack.

They were building the B13 Nissan Sentras in Mexico until like just a few years ago. And of course the original Beetle was made well into the 90s 2000s there. I'd hope any game in Mexico would feature some of these time capsules.

Last edited:
Regardless of whether FH5's location is in Mexico or not, the B13 Sentra is one of the most likely cars to be added to Forza.

As a fact that may no longer need to be explained to members of this forum, the B13 Sentra was one of the cars entered in the FM3 "Forzalopnik" DLC tournament.
This car unfortunately lost the tournament, but T10/PG has tended to add cars from this tournament to the game in Forza since FM3.
In the FH4 game files, many of the cars entered in this tournament were found, and some of them were actually added to the game, such as the Nissan Pulsar.

If they do the same for the Series X/Series S era Forza, and if indeed the location for FH5 is Mexico, I think it is very likely that the B13 could be one of the Japanese cars added.

18nayzaoo8sbujpg.jpg

https://jalopnik.com/forzalopnik-round-one-group-i-5455799

I'm sure it will be a great game and a nice location but why not give the fans what they want and locate it in Japan?
This could just be me but I find Japan to be pretty cliché as a location for car-based media, especially with the ubiquitous popularity of Initial D, F&F Tokyo Drift, etc. I would appreciate a game that went to areas that haven’t been done to death like Japan has.

That being said, I’d love to see a Horizon game set in and around Baja California, which has been used plenty in media from what I recall. Just imagine what Turn 10/Playground can do if they could get the license for the Baja 1000 and appropriate vehicles and incorporate the race in Horizon. Tijuana as a major city would be excellent too.

The third-gen Dodge Ramcharger (which, bizarrely, wasn't available from the factory with 4WD) is a must, as far as I'm concerned.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-14-at-10.48.57-AM-1024x528.png

Last edited:
I haven't even tried Horizon 4 yet... due to it recently coming to Stream (and hasn't been in enough discount to me yet). Or Forza Motorsport (saving for the next title).

Interesting. Enexpected. This will be quite a change of scenery. Didn't know Mexico would be Forza material. I was really hoping for Japan though. Maybe next time?

but isn’t that against the whole current Microsoft mindset. No matter what Microsoft device you have, you can play it.
Most likely, One will be heavily supported in 2021 and next year they would will drop it. But don't forget about Xcloud

I called it, well almost. I was saying South America or Africa. People want Japan or Asia but judging how MS or Forza runs things they would never do those.

You could do epic showcases.

Racing an America's Cup boat for example

Awesome landscape.

I don't think Mexico is lacking for awesome landscape in the slightest. Also, I'm not sure racing a sail boat is going to be all that exciting, but a Baja 1000 showcase event could be way more interesting than the cringey ones they've done so far.

Mexico seems like a great location choice for sure, but I'm more intrigued about whether the map itself improves what was built on in FH4.

The map firstly needs to be bigger IMO. Especially with all of these hypercars being included, traversing the map side to side in less than 5 minutes get's a little old.

Secondly, incorporation of a race track (which was implemented in the Lego expansion, so PG clearly have heard the feedback) and a tarmac mountain pass (included in Fortune Island Expansion, so again PG have heard people on this) on the base map is imperative.

Thirdly, more arenas for the Playground game types like Infected, Flag Rush etc. They've had some memorable ones in FH2, FH3, FH4, but theres only been like 5 of them on each map. More please PG! One around a multi-story car park would be cool. Then we could see some F&F recreations during matches which would be awesome.

I could go on and on but both those points I think encapsulate what I want to see out of FH5's map. Location isn't as important as the actual map design and layout for me.

Last edited:
I certainly hope it's not Japan. Because that would be the THIRD game set in a left driving country where 95% of the cars, even many british and japanese ones, are NOT RHD.

This is such a funny thing to get worked up about haha

Back