Forza Horizon 5 Rumors Suggest Mexico Location

I'm kind of happy it's not japan. Once/if we get it, people will just sit here and scream dont change it.

Thirdly, more arenas for the Playground game types like Infected, Flag Rush etc. They've had some memorable ones in FH2, FH3, FH4, but theres only been like 5 of them on each map. More please PG! One around a multi-story car park would be cool. Then we could see some F&F recreations during matches which would be awesome.

I do not understand why they did not use the abandoned airport in FH4 for PG.
The various objects placed in the abandoned airport would have been a nice spice to make the PG more exciting.

I too hope that these unique areas will be used more for PG in FH5, wherever it is located.

Yeah, if they listen to fans we would get only Japan and US locations... which is not that bad, now that I think of it.

The location is important to me but at the same time... not really. More important to me is immersion. In FH2 and 4 I always have a feeling that I'm driving in a realistic world location while FH3 feel more like a fantasy world. And I'm not sure but I suspect a Mexico location will feel more like FH3. What worries me most is that a 2021 release will mean a crossgen game. That also means that the map won't be any bigger than FH3/4 which is a shame. And with a map that big and many roads on it a Baja1000(a lot of YouTubers mentioned it too) won't fit well imo.
I'm pretty sure is going to be great and I wonder what will they bring up this time. Also hope we will get custom routes with the ability to put objects on them for the next game. And an improved Eliminator. I wouldn't mind a car soccer in addition to PGG too. I will definitely miss the seasons, but they can compensate the lack of snow with a Blizzard mt alike expansion.
Anyway I'm ready for June 12. Please come quickly. I'm also ready for disappointment too.

Personally I’m not a fan of “insider posts” like Corden's/Grubb's (ie: posts from people that aren't directly working on a game), as it can sometimes come across as “Hey look, I know something you don’t and here’s a vague hint at what it may or may not be”.

I’m not sure what the end goal of posting those hints can be, other than to seek attention and potentially generate clicks for their website(s).

Do we have a record of what hints they have given in the past and if any/all of them are accurate?
It seems every time either of these people mention Forza it comes across as an "oracle of truth" in terms of the community reaction. Heck, half of this very thread thinks everything's 100% confirmed.*

As for any potential Horizon location: I don't care where it is, if the game looks fun/interesting I'll play it regardless.

*It may or may not be accurate information, but until we get an official announcement it's all speculation.

Last edited:
Mexico will be awesome, especially with all the Baja vehicles they will more than likely add. I only know of two Mexican automakers though: Mastretta and Vuhl. I know there are Mexico-specific models from various makers too, so that should provide a pretty unique set of vehicles.

Also, I can't wait for the radio stations because between Latin pop and Grupera, that's going to be a pretty cool soundtrack.

Interesting. Enexpected. This will be quite a change of scenery. Didn't know Mexico would be Forza material. I was really hoping for Japan though. Maybe next time?

I called it, well almost. I was saying South America or Africa. People want Japan or Asia but judging how MS or Forza runs things they would never do those.

Actually happy we’re not going to a right hand driving country for the 3rd time in a row. Mexico never came to mind, but now I can see it and I’m really exited.

Hoping for Horizon 1 vibes and vistas.

Just a reminder that everything there has been said about FH5 and its location hasn't been backed by any solid evidence whatsoever. Grain of salt rumors at best.

Last edited:
169783013_1659424370923130_6419301092678582220_n.jpg

By the way, I was wondering if we would get a "Mexican-ish" car if the location of FH5 was in Mexico.
Many members of the Forza community, including reddit, seem to envision the Mastretta MXT, but they seem to be already dead as a company.

The Vuhl 05 that was added in FM7 will probably be added.
So what else? I found a Mexican hypercar brand called Inferno. They released a very ugly hypercar a few years ago and have since been forgotten by car enthusiasts outside of Mexico, but apparently they are alive and well and will be releasing a new hypercar this year.
If" indeed the location of the FH5 is in Mexico, this car could be a cover car.

Well, I think it is more likely that an unreleased hypercar from a more famous brand such as Ferrari, Koenigsegg or Porsche will be chosen as the cover car than one of these unusual hypercars.

Well, I think it is more likely that an unreleased hypercar from a more famous brand such as Ferrari, Koenigsegg or Porsche will be chosen as the cover car than one of these unusual hypercars.

Yeah, the pattern seems to be that whichever big sportscar / supercar is debuting in the game takes the cover slot. If the game was coming out this year I'd guess at an SF90 or Gemera, assuming they've not been in any other games yet.

I'm kind of happy it's not japan. Once/if we get it, people will just sit here and scream dont change it.
In a way I kinda want Japan for the next generation after the Series X, When Ray Tracing hardware is widespread and powerful enough to be mainstream for most all games. Imagine a Japanese city center where all the Neons and LED lighting is using proper Ray Traced emissive lighting and Global Illumination. Digital Foundry's breakdown of the improved Ray Tracing features in Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition has me excited for when Fully Ray Traced lighting pipeline becomes mainstream in games.

Horizon needs proper dirt physics and it's probably not gonna happen with this year release

If they are indeed holding off on the New Forza Motorsport and releasing another Horizon this year I can see some minor improvements, but a large overhaul that the game really needs would likely wait for the next game after the Updated Physics Engine in the works for Forza Motorsport is complete.
Off road racing in Horizon in general needs a massive overhaul. I'd love to see some proper dirt tracks and Baja style racing with properly marked Off-Road trails, rather then just plowing through fields like we have now.

This is so stupid Mexico is a giant **** hole why on Earth would anyone want to spend anytime here. Okay cool, Baja is kinda okay if our Tijuana Cartel doesn't roofie you and take your kidneys...

I was born and raised here and this is such a stupid ****ING place I'm probably just going to kill myself now I'm sooooooo bummed and depressed.

This is so stupid Mexico is a giant **** hole why on Earth would anyone want to spend anytime here. Okay cool, Baja is kinda okay if our Tijuana Cartel doesn't roofie you and take your kidneys...

I was born and raised here and this is such a stupid ****ING place I'm probably just going to kill myself now I'm sooooooo bummed and depressed.
I also think Los Angeles is a terrible place too, but lots of games are made in this setting.

What the hell kind of reaction is this? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

How the hell are the Tijuana Cartel going to take my kidneys if I'm playing Forza Horizon from Australia? :lol:

You do realize we don't have to go there to play the video game don't you? Just like we don't have to go to war to play Call Of Duty.

How the hell are the Tijuana Cartel going to take my kidneys if I'm playing Forza Horizon from Australia? :lol:

You do realize we don't have to go there to play the video game don't you? Just like we don't have to go to war to play Call Of Duty.
But to be fair, there should be different activities than now like kidnapping and trafficking :D British green should be rather some gang boss, etc.

I also think Los Angeles is a terrible place too, but lots of games are made in this setting.

What the hell kind of reaction is this? :rolleyes:
I love the diversity of places in FH. As a French, I think FH2 has the best map but it's so cool to see something else that New York, Los Angeles and New York again like GTA.
Japan, Mexico, whatever. I just want some narrow and twisted roads, not every road has to be 4 lane highway.

By far the best Forza Fan trailer I have ever seen. Saw that on Reddit and had to go digging through the YouTube description to find out it was made in GTA5. GTA modding has come a lot farther then I thought.

since that MS store fh4 is now considerably discounted anyway fh5 will come this year if they go to mexico i hope they baja california

Not too excited if this is the case. I like Mexico's cultures, but its one of those countries that I think lowly of as far as landscape is concerned. If Playground wanted a country from Latin America, I would have preferred somewhere like Argentina or Bolivia. Or if they just wanted to do a country like the US again, without doing the same country twice in the franchise, Canada would have been my first choice.

But if that's what Playground are doing, fine by them. They're just going to have a hard time selling me the game. If TDU Solar Crown is worth its salt and/or if Forza MotorSport gets a release soon, this speculated FH5 won't be on my radar. Not a fan of games with a lot of dry, arid landscape. Its why I'm not a big cheerleader of FH3's map, and skipped out on NFS Payback even before the controversies came to light.

I can't understand descriptions of Mexico having "lowly" landscape. I mean, just check out
Cañon del Sumidero in Chiapas

or Valle de Bravo
guPajo4.jpg

or Baja California Sur
erwdgPz.jpg

or Monterrey

AFOOw6t.jpg

4gJj9xN.png

or Puerto Vallarta
FQzul7v.jpg

I wouldn't hesitate to put Mexico in the top 10 most beautiful countries in the world.

I'm fine with Mexico if it indeed is the next locale, I just hope they don't repeat the mistake they made with Australia and try cramming every type of geography into a small area. This is also why I think them seemingly avoiding Japan is for the best, there is no way they could do it properly until they are able to work with a larger area.

Back