Forza Horizon 5 Rumors Suggest Mexico Location

I've always had a feeling that was FH being shown off during that Xbox Series X showcase. What I didn't know however, it was a glimpse of FH5 in Mexico! To think, all of that was back in December 2019! :eek:

The hype to E3 is getting more real by the second! :D

Ah, sweet pre-pandemic times! My only wish for FH5 is that it is a meaningful upgrade, not FH 4.5. And what I'm really intrigued about is if they will stick with seasons changes.
The seasons has me curious if it will stick around in FH5. Not gonna lie, but I wouldn't be upset if PG ditches it for the next entry. I prefer it being entirely summer or in separate environments. :D

The seasons has me curious if it will stick around in FH5. Not gonna lie, but I wouldn't be upset if PG ditches it for the next entry. I prefer it being entirely summer or in separate environments. :D
Personally I love the Seasons and want them to stay. Though it would be nice to have more control over what season it is in Singleplayer freeroam or private lobbies.

What's going on in that top right image? I don't buy the top left being the Chihuahuan desert with those Joshua trees...I think the Sonoran Desert or Baja is more likely. Unless they go obscure, I'm leaning towards Cabo as the anchor city still.
I'm not at all versed in the area, but could they also be hinting at a San Diego/Tijuana area or does the mountainous terrain rule them out?

I'm not at all versed in the area, but could they also be hinting at a San Diego/Tijuana area or does the mountainous terrain rule them out?

Could be but the border region just seems so politically fraught that I would be surprised if they chose it. Ultimately, it will probably be another PG geo/biom mashup compressing thousands of square miles into an area the size of an average American town.

That would mighty cheeky if that was a tease to FH5 Mexico.

And that's not something Xbox is unfamiliar with. Remember the whole situation with Phil Spencer's shelf in the interviews he's been doing since lockdown? Anyway;

My random prediction for FH5;

Eliminator will return, but it'll be overhauled and as it's own separate F2P client. Much like Warzone is for COD MW and Black Ops Cold War.

It'll have it's own progression (being able to customize the eliminator cars I'd imagine, non-performance tho) and serve as a great way to get people into the Forza franchise and FH5.

I think it'd be a awesome idea, the game mode is already there (needs some work but the core loop is there) and it wouldn't interfere with the core game in anyway. Completely ignorable if you so choose. We'll see though

F2P ecosystems rely on extensive microtransactions for cosmetic (aka gameplay neutral) items to work. I doubt PG is willing to sink in the time to allow deeper customization of the cars in the game even though that would be an excellent way to produce an income stream for an F2P model. But hey, horns and emotes are cool, right?

Currently, the Eliminator mode is implemented badly (par for the course really)...not only is it not F2P in the sense that you have to buy FH4 to begin with, but it's a step further that you actually need XBL Gold to play it. I've never actually played eliminator because I'm a cheapskate who won't pay for gold. If they had deep levels of car visual customization (including, gasp, interior features!) I might actually pony up. As it is now, I don't see the point.

Last edited:
Personally I love the Seasons and want them to stay. Though it would be nice to have more control over what season it is in Singleplayer freeroam or private lobbies.
I too love the seasons too, because they really do change the world dynamically. Although I'm not too hot on the forced seasons now, having those two options will make great use in player perspectives. 👍

@cosme I'm hoping FH5 goes back to the same multiplayer format that FH3 had. That imo has to be the BEST format of any Horizon game. Because FH4 was originally team based, it ruined the multiplayer aspect for me, especially the racing with "Freeroam Rush". I hope that gets removed too.

Last edited:
I'm hoping FH5 goes back to the same multiplayer format that FH3 had. That imo has to be the BEST format of any Horizon game. Because FH4 was originally team based, it ruined the multiplayer aspect for me, especially the racing with "Freeroam Rush". I hope that gets removed too.
1) point based score system, not XP based
2) Ranked as standard and only multiplayer mode with ability to disable progression/degradation of your Rank. 20 Ranks. +1 for first 1/3, +0.5 for position in the middle and -0.5 for last 1/3. Modifiers for winning against higher ranks. Money and XP modifiers for playing PvP - +10% per Rank. Reset every week.
3) Mixed racing playlist(with team races as they were in FH3), drift playlist, games playlist, Eliminator
4) Freeroam rush as team game mode. In street, road and dirt racing after 10 seconds away from roads apply handicapp(same as for wallriding and ramming) and ability to reset to last visited road.

Eliminator will return, but it'll be overhauled and as it's own separate F2P client. Much like Warzone is for COD MW and Black Ops Cold War.

It'll have it's own progression (being able to customize the eliminator cars I'd imagine, non-performance tho) and serve as a great way to get people into the Forza franchise and FH5.

I think it'd be a awesome idea, the game mode is already there (needs some work but the core loop is there) and it wouldn't interfere with the core game in anyway. Completely ignorable if you so choose. We'll see though
Progression in Eliminator could be implemented this way - you could built car as your "loadout car". After wining PvP you could chose opponent car, upgrade to higher tier or chose "loadout car" with same tier as your current.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I am not interested much in the Forza franchise, I am intrigued by how would they portray Mexico in a game, will they try to cram every climate we have here? or will it be representative of a single region?

That is left to be seen if the setting is indeed Mexico

Interesting note about the new Hot Wheels set. The "FORZA" is using the same font as the new Forza Motorsport reboot, not the same font used in FH4 or previous Horizon titles. Definitely seems to be hinting at a new game. Though also interesting that there is no number in the title like with the new Motorsport game.

Crazy Theory crafting time:
What if Microsoft is planning on releasing both Horizon and Motorsport around the same time? and building them as a more long term project lasting the entire lifespan of the Xbox Series Console? Maybe building on them with larger Yearly expansions that could add new Career mode path for Motorsport, or an entirely new Location for Horizon Rather then just the small expansions followed by a sequel like we have gotten in the past. Maybe Mexico could just be 1 of multiple locations we will get to visit and explore in the next Horizon game.

Last edited:
Interesting note about the new Hot Wheels set. The "FORZA" is using the same font as the new Forza Motorsport reboot, not the same font used in FH4 or previous Horizon titles. Definitely seems to be hinting at a new game. Though also interesting that there is no number in the title like with the new Motorsport game.

What if Microsoft is planning on releasing both Horizon and Motorsport around the same time? and building them as a more long term project lasting the entire lifespan of the Xbox Series Console? Maybe building on them with larger Yearly expansions that could add new Career mode path for Motorsport, or an entirely new Location for Horizon Rather then just the small expansions followed by a sequel like we have gotten in the past. Maybe Mexico could just be 1 of multiple locations we will get to visit and explore in the next Horizon game.
Maybe just like the next Motorsport (Motorsport 8), Horizon 5 could also be called simply Forza Horizon.

Or it could be just to show off the new brand identity. Who knows?

While releasing Horizon and Motorsport at same time wouldn't be a thing, theory that next Horizon could be foundation for game-as-a-service product makes sense if we consider what Microsoft doing with Halo and Motorsport IPs. While some players want bigger map for Horizon, I think better way will be bunch of different maps comparable to Horizon 4 map. Sure, there could be some problems with integration of new FM8 content into OG Forzatech that FH5 will utilize.

there could be some problems with integration of new FM8 content into OG Forzatech that FH5 will utilize.
Who is to say FH5 isn't already running on the Updated Forzatech Engine? That is only an assumption based on the idea that FH5 might be cross gen if it releases this year.
First new Forza game for the new Console Generation, Microsoft is going to want it to support Next Gen Features. Forza Motorsport was said to be in "early Development" just last July, so all that time between FM7 and then was put towards getting Forzatech ready for Next Gen consoles. Very Likely FH5 was being built along side the Engine improvements and could very well be on the updated Engine even if it does release this year. It is very possible the Updated Engine does still allow enough scalability to function on the Xbox One. Just as Modern Warfare 2019 new engine was built for Next Gen even though the game is on PS4 and Xbox One.

Not to mention that the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator(...)use Forza-tech.

This is false. MSFS uses Asobo's in-house Conception Engine.

EDIT: Ok, time for an edit. There seems to be conflicting information, circulating the web, about which game engine is used to power MSFS. I see one article, which in turn got it's information from the La Tribune newspaper, claiming the CEO of Asobo talked about them using ForzaTech. However, they appear to have made mistakes in translating the article from French, so, unless we can see, somewhere, what was originally written, we should take all those claims with a grain of salt. Then again, it really does appear ForzaTech is going to be used in Fable, which would suggest the engine is more versatile than we may think. Versatile enough for a game like a flight sim? That's where I'm not 100% convinced.

Last edited:
Actually, Grr415 (ForzaTuber) mentioned that background photo is actually from the beach near Bamburgh Castle in Forza Horizon 4. It's at 7:30 in the video.

The Corvette C7.R might also mean GT racing cars (just like Horizon 3) would return. But if we're to get a Mexico setting, we gotta have a lot of rally cars.

On an unrelated note, the colors of the cars remind me of a musical group that is the bane of my existence.

Plausible, but I still think the next FH game will be crossgen which could be a limit. Maybe the game after 5 would do as you say.

Ken Block s new subaru have same logo as hot wheel leak.
ken-block-terug-bij-subaru-en-porsche-887450

In my first post in this thread, I suggested that this game could be a stop-gap title, and that the most desired location, Japan, was being saved for a proper next-gen Horizon.

However, upon thinking further, I think I may not be entirely correct. Mexico may have been chosen, over Japan, due to increased landscape variety, thus allowing for more creative freedom, in map design, while still staying true to the look of the country they're representing. Mexico, despite not being the fan-favorite, may be the best option for a fun, more varied map, better for moving around in all the different types of vehicles that will be available. With this in mind, could FH5, if it's coming and it's in Mexico, actually be proper next-gen, not just a stop-gap? We will see.

I suspect (well, hope) that, if we are going to get anything juicy in terms of info on FH5 or FM-not8, we will find out between 6pm and 7.30pm BST this Sunday during the Xbox-Bethesda presentation at E3.

It's 90 minutes long - that can't ALL be for Starfield :lol:

Back