[Archive] Forza Horizon 5 Series 17: Japanese Automotive

• Thread starter Famine
  • 44 comments
Bit of a newbie to the FH games.
Yep, that'd do it!
Should I do specific races to unlock the Street scene?
You need to do the Expedition (for which I think the icon is towards the top of the map, directly north of the volcano) to "discover" the outpost, and that will unlock it.

Bit of a newbie to the FH games. Thanks for the tip. Pretty sure it is what you point out.

48DBB5E74109FD23338DB9D14EDD9EC8B9067270

0F589295BA6D9557B6DDB26F04BE958CE480B89A

F57228D1EC3A0F69F0A488D8B401B4236EED3755

When I filter on the map, I see a lot of race that allow met to earn accolades. So I better get moving.

Does the diffuculty setting of races implacts the earned accolade points?

Should I do specific races to unlock the Street scene?

I play the game on the steam deck. Really good experience.
Welcome to Forza @MarcoM

So... err... spoiler alert for the lantern location, I guess?

I mean, that was the first place I looked anyway...

The Galant sounds amazing under acceleration.

I found the lanterns this week whilst driving around the airport knocking down cats (that sounds awful doesn't it 😂😂😂).

Last edited:
I decided to use the Galant for Rally Heroes so I could use it to mow down cats at the Aerodromo afterwards and snap a photo.

After nearly getting beat on the first race I was starting to wish I'd picked a Celica or last week's Legacy instead, but on the second race suddenly everything clicked and I was sliding around the dirt like a semi-pro by pushing the car harder around corners.

Not wishing to spoil the photoshoot by checking this week's article I spent about half an hour looking for the control tower in the background of the Treasure Chest photo in the playlist while punting moggies nine to fourteen. As soon as I saw it I knew I'd located the lanterns.

Those plaintive echoey wails the nekos make when you collide with them will stay with me for days though. :nervous:

I'm not looking forward to the online half of the playlist: Trial, Eliminator and bloody Tour. At least the Collaboration daily challenge was the first one on the list so there's no danger of having to complete the Tour twice.

Last edited:
I know I've been on this site for a while now but I just want to say I love these weekly write ups. They're always very well written, informative (without giving spoilers away) and just fun to read to see what's coming up that week.

Thank you.

Last edited:
For Gas, Gas, Gas (Get an Ultimate Speed Skill in Eliminator), the way I did was keep spawning on top of the volcano. Either the crater or satellite dish area, both are as good as each other. Eventually you'll luck in like I did and get a BMW M6 (the 4x4). Once you have it go to where the Danger Sign usually is that leads to the main festival. Don't go over the edge here, you'll loose too much speed in the air. As you look to where the Danger Sign usually is to the right is a small groove in the terrain that leads over the edge. Start here and go full throttle down the volcano, I got to 204 mph and popped Gas, Gas, Gas this way.

Good luck.

For Gas, Gas, Gas (Get an Ultimate Speed Skill in Eliminator), the way I did was keep spawning on top of the volcano. Either the crater or satellite dish area, both are as good as each other. Eventually you'll luck in like I did and get a BMW M6 (the 4x4). Once you have it go to where the Danger Sign usually is that leads to the main festival. Don't go over the edge here, you'll loose too much speed in the air. As you look to where the Danger Sign usually is to the right is a small groove in the terrain that leads over the edge. Start here and go full throttle down the volcano, I got to 204 mph and popped Gas, Gas, Gas this way.

Good luck.
There's a sneaky way to do it which is actually pretty similar to a sneaky way to do a couple of Accolades that weren't possible on-paper in the game's early life...
Just drive a car in free roam at 200mph+, then go to the Festival Playlist and select "The Eliminator". You'll be entered into it a countdown for the next game, and complete the task while still technically in free roam.

Back