Forza Horizon in 4K, 1440p or 1080p?

Mexico
Mexico
Hello everyone, for the past year I've been playing Forza in the Xbox One X with a 1080p 32 inch Vizio TV that has quite good input lag and contrast and the console does it's downsampling thing. However, I have an itch to upgrade to higher resolutions, less input lag, more color accuracy and probably HDR support.
My budget is about $300-350 USD and I'm looking at 27 or 32 4K/1440p inch monitors. In your experience, for that price range/size what monitor brand (or monitor type) would give me the best experience for FH4 (and FH3, etc.)?
Thanks all for your input.

I have a 27" LG 'HDR' 4K monitor that I got from Best Buy for $350 a few months ago, for that pricing I doubt you are going to find a decent HDR experience, I end up just turning it off in almost all the games I have tried on my PC so far, while in game it usually looks acceptable and admittedly sometimes better than the non HDR setting in menus and especially in Windows it looks :censored:ing terrible.

I do really like the size to resolution on my screen though, and would probably buy this monitor again honestly, just not for the HDR experience. Between the G-Sync/FreeSync and response times on it my only complaint has been the HDR stuff but I haven't had the best HDR experience even on my One X before my TV's only HDR input stopped working anyway so it wasn't a huge deal to miss out on it. Also I'm usually around 40-60" from my screen for reference and find swapping back and forth to 1440p fine to my eyes, if you could find an HDR10 1440p 27" monitor that's probably something I would consider switching to.

Thank you @Frizbe and @FrenzKTM. One particular LG 27" 4K monitor is in my radar (UL600) at roughly $300, and I appreciate your input about its HDR performance (or lack thereof). The BenQ has good reviews, unfortunately it is beyond my means at around $600. I'm currently leaning to a 1440p monitor which I could also hook up to my PC (for productivity, not gaming.)

Thank you @Frizbe and @FrenzKTM. One particular LG 27" 4K monitor is in my radar (UL600) at roughly $300, and I appreciate your input about its HDR performance (or lack thereof).
I just checked and that’s actually the one that I have, good monitor just don’t expect HDR that you would use all the time.

Back